• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
cut her hair off. use de-lice shampoo. School knows, right?

De-lice shampoo, comb over, lice spray on car seats, vacuuming everything, washing bed sheets and couch fish in covers, tea-tree and coconut oil, etc. It's a lot of work, we better get rid of it.

My heads always shaved but I've been itchy all day since hearing about it. I'm a mental wuss. Thank God for wives/moms

I was just fixing my overshield system and went looking to see how H5 handled it - I had totally forgotten the OS was just instant now. Do you guys remember how H3's would make you straight-up invulnerable until you reached max shields? lmao

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I was just fixing my overshield system and went looking to see how H5 handled it - I had totally forgotten the OS was just instant now. Do you guys remember how H3's would make you straight-up invulnerable until you reached max shields? lmao

Is it instant? I thought it was just much faster.

You guys ever think we wouldn't need these new quitter protections if matchmaking actually worked? Like, jesus fuck man.

wmvhInq.jpg

#saveusjosh

Is it instant? I thought it was just much faster.

Yeah, Halo 3's OS buildup was already pretty fast to compensate for the invincibility thing, but I'm guessing they made it instant to circumvent that issue entirely. The actual feedback on your shield UI in 5 might not make it look instant, I can't remember.

Spasm

Any time I've felt like I had heavy aim, I go into settings and change Look Acceleration... from 1 to 2, or 2 back to 1. It feels much better for a few games.

jem0208

What exactly gives a reversal?

Because i got a few kills in my last game which i could have sworn should count. I got shot first then out pistoled the other guy to win.

I was purposely trying to get reversals but i didn't get a single one...

Edit: seems there needs to be a short amount of time between being shot and then returning fire

Trup1aya

What exactly gives a reversal?

Because i got a few kills in my last game which i could have sworn should count. I got shot first then out pistoled the other guy to win.

I was purposely trying to get reversals but i didn't get a single one...

Edit: seems there needs to be a short amount of time between being shot and then returning fire

I can't tell man, now that I'm paying attention I feel like there are so many instances where I should have gotten one. I've been running around Warzone with rail guns, letting people shoot me before I kill them. Sometime it works, sometime it doesn't.

I don't know about the time limit thing either, seems like they just have to die before your shields recharge or something. Seems like if they reset that timer it gives you more time to get the reversal. Also it seems like if someone else damages them before you finish the kill, you don't get it.

From what we've been able to discern, there's a minimum time requirement before you fire back, and certain weapons don't count. We're not certain, but we think it has to be loadout weapons or only low-tier power weapons or something too.

belushy

Banned
Would people want Extermination to come back as a ranked playlist? The map contest for the gametype on Forgehub has looked great so far with new maps. Hoping a few of them get added.

Trup1aya

Would people want Extermination to come back as a ranked playlist? The map contest for the gametype on Forgehub has looked great so far with new maps. Hoping a few of them get added.

Without a secondary objective, i don't think it would work as a ranked gametype.

But it would prolly be my main gametype of it was permanent in social

I can't wait to get this helmet so I can take a long break.

I'm tired of these servers... I'm head shotting people, but I still have to strafe for an extra half second before the game registers the kill, otherwise I end up trading.

It's either that, or a teammate gets the kill and I get the assist, even though I got 8 hitmarkers.

Then I'll get a good server and I feel like a god for one game.

No, my strafe is just unparalleled

Oh boy, I know how you feel there. It's feast or famine.

Top Bottom