• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Madness

No offense taken :)
I obviously don't deserve to be in now i know that and i don't want anyone to get kicked just so i can get in, just wanted to know if there's free spot

Nah brother, Halogaf should always be for Halogaf ppl. I just wouldn't want someone booted at the end who was from here because they didn't play last couple weeks. Like Gringo said, outside peeps inactive so welcome back in lol.

Gwyn

Nah brother, Halogaf should always be for Halogaf ppl. I just wouldn't want someone booted at the end who was from here because they didn't play last couple weeks. Like Gringo said, outside peeps inactive so welcome back in lol.

I'll see who has been inactive for a long period of time. I'll prioritize kicking the randos over Gaf peeps.

EDIT: yeah there's already 4 dudes from other sites that haven't been active in over a month. I got the room.

just applied thanks!

Fuchsdh

Took all day but knocked out ground vehicle kills.

Just need 323 marine kills and 371 reversals.

We will probably be done end of tomorrow then for marines. I'm good for at least 20 marines a game. Funny that reversals are going to be our last commendation after all.

just applied thanks!

you Frenzy?

I'm kicking the following people:

a running fool
GoodCoffeeJoey
Ki11s0n3
FSxFeardSoldier

if any of them are you, or if you know they're a gaffer, tell me within the next half hour. Otherwise they're out. Fairly sure they're all randos.

Gwyn

you Frenzy?

a running fool
GoodCoffeeJoey
Ki11s0n3
FSxFeardSoldier

if any of them are you, or if you know they're a gaffer, tell me within the next half hour. Otherwise they're out. Fairly sure they're all randos.

yep that's me

you Frenzy?

a running fool
GoodCoffeeJoey
Ki11s0n3
FSxFeardSoldier

I hit up Waypoint but don't have a Request to Join button, perhaps because you have 100 already? I sent a leadership message through Waypoint. If y'all will have me I'd like to join.

Haruko

Can't wait to finish Marines tonight and be done with Warzone til Halo 6, lol.

Just got 50 over 2 games, looks like we're down to 184 left

This game is a pile of shit.

Crouching radar noob tactics
Bad spawns
Terrible server performance
Grenade hit-markers can go to hell
Terrible maps
Spartan Ability cheeze
Ridiculously easy escaping at certain ranges
Terrible pistol range when engaging enemies with BRs/DMRs
I hate the OS in this game
I hate the camo in this game
The Hydra can literally chase you into rooms. It's like the Halo 2 Plasma pistol, but deadly

But... But I love the feeling of getting a kill in this game. When you have a pure pistol battle it's wonderful.

I know no one probably cares around here what I think, but w/e...I needed to vent. Maybe some kind soul here can relate. I feel alone. Hold me.

link1201

Man, can't wait to get the Achilles helmet. It seemed like we would never get there. Thanks to all those who undoubtedly contributed more than me and those that didn't...every bit helped! :D

Ade

I seem to have the best luck for reversals in super fiesta. Lots of people mess up with the cooler weapons.

Although, according to waypoint I've only contributed a total of 692 reversals, so perhaps I'm not all that useful...

Trup1aya

I seem to have the best luck for reversals in super fiesta. Lots of people mess up with the cooler weapons.

Although, according to waypoint I've only contributed a total of 692 reversals, so perhaps I'm not all that useful...

Hmm, I've got just 400.

I also notice that there are a few medals that i show to have never gotten, despite be being 100% sure I've met the conditions.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Does waypoint track individual progress to the Spartan company or are you guys just checking your arena/warzine medals?

Ade

Does waypoint track individual progress to the Spartan company or are you guys just checking your arena/warzine medals?

Yeah thats all I did, if memory serves, I've been in since pre-launch (I recall you could join SCs before the game was live?) so I've just taken my Medal count from waypoint.

Fuchsdh

Yeah thats all I did, if memory serves, I've been in since pre-launch (I recall you could join SCs before the game was live?) so I've just taken my Medal count from waypoint.

Yeah since I didn't join until after you guys got the armor I can't really see what my contribution numbers are. Probably the majority of my 3804 marines are in the SC totals though since I certainly wasn't aiming for them before.

Haruko

Thanks mate, got your inbox msg but there is no "join button", the msg just takes me to the HaloGAF SC page missing the join feature. Ugh. There also no "leave" for my existing SC. Ah Waypoint, how you've grown.

There is a "Resign" button on your existing company page (far right):

zLP0XUE.png

You will not see the Join button for HaloGAF until you leave your existing one

link1201

I got 1275 but I'm dumb and will just run around in SWAT SPARTAN CHARGING everyone to farm them from time to time but I wouldn't recommend that to anyone lol.

op_ivy

Hmm, I've got just 400.

I also notice that there are a few medals that i show to have never gotten, despite be being 100% sure I've met the conditions.

You and I in the 400s. Gotta get gud I suppose. Sorry Spartan company!

op_ivy

Nm. I got 492 in arena and 122 in warzone. Officially out of scrub tier. Sorry Trup...

This game is a pile of shit.

Crouching radar noob tactics
Bad spawns
Terrible server performance
Grenade hit-markers can go to hell
Terrible maps
Spartan Ability cheeze
Ridiculously easy escaping at certain ranges
Terrible pistol range when engaging enemies with BRs/DMRs
I hate the OS in this game
I hate the camo in this game
The Hydra can literally chase you into rooms. It's like the Halo 2 Plasma pistol, but deadly

But... But I love the feeling of getting a kill in this game. When you have a pure pistol battle it's wonderful.

I know no one probably cares around here what I think, but w/e...I needed to vent. Maybe some kind soul here can relate. I feel alone. Hold me.

I know how you feel. I don't like halo 5s gameplay in comparison to past games, but I still think it's some of the best today. My favorite moments are pure pistol battles or me having to outthink the other guy in a 1v1. I've been pretty sick of the lag too. I'll jump down a platform and start shooting a guy, then next thing I know I'm up on the platform again. If not that, then the other player is teleporting around. Never had that this badly.

Also sick of wasps in BTB and banshees need a damn cooldown on the flip. Still one of my favorite multiplayer games at the moment. When things are good, they're great. I've just never had a game where I could be so proficient in one game, then so bad in another. I feel like I can never get a grasp on the aim because I'm either landing headshots like mad or struggling to hit.

Haruko

Would making evasive manuevers (backflips/rolls) drain the shields or reset shield recharge delay on the Banshee be enough to nerf it?

Wondering if it can be handled like Sprint was.

Though I wouldn't be sad if they just removed the bomb or backflip altogether.

Or, go nuts and make each backflip damage the Banshee. 3 flips and you blow yourself up, lol...

Would making evasive manuevers (backflips/rolls) drain the shields or reset shield recharge delay on the Banshee be enough to nerf it?

Wondering if it can be handled like Sprint was.

Though I wouldn't be sad if they just removed the bomb or backflip altogether.

Or, go nuts and make each backflip damage the Banshee. 3 flips and you blow yourself up, lol...

The banshee is so OP its not even funny. How this has never been addressed is mind boggling. But thats just another gripe i have with 343 to add to the list. You never know if they're working on balance or not, they dont say shit to anyone. Its like a big constant guessing game with them. Then they wonder why they get the hate. The most basic of shit and they dont do it.

The banshee should never be allowed to do 10 thousand flips in a row without a fucking cool-down. Its common sense. Ive said this ages ago and what did they do? Nothing.

Trup1aya

There shouldn't even be a shield on the banshee... and the banshee bomb shouldn't having tracking properties. You fix those things and it instantly becomes more balanced.

Next you put a cool down on the evasive maneuvers and now you're cooking

Fuchsdh

Removal of the Banshee bomb is ano option, but in the context of other vehicles, especially in Warzone, I feel like it needs the oomph. But the ability to do the constant flip and bomb is aggravating and so easy to fix by tying everything to the boost gauge. Something as minor as that, preventing the bomb/flip/splatter/run tactic, would make a huge difference.

(The shield on the Banshee and Wasp don't really make much of a difference. They mostly just protect you from a few DMR shots, but don't do anything about concentrated fire.)

wwm0nkey

I still want the general Halo 2/3 vehicle system back, I hate that they become 100% useless after x amount of damage, yeah its "realistic" but it fucking sucks so much, like its just bad.

link1201

I still want the general Halo 2/3 vehicle system back, I hate that they become 100% useless after x amount of damage, yeah its "realistic" but it fucking sucks so much, like its just bad.
Yes!....vehicles are not nearly as fun as they used to be. :(

Top Bottom