• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians revealed - more at E3 - Fall 2015 [Box Art person is new guy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the logic in announcing this now? This would have been a nice megaton reveal at E3, so why now?

They're firing off every round of ammo they can right now to offset disappointing sales and the generally negative perception of the Xbox brand. And good for them! If they don't screw up H2A, I'll almost certainly pick up an XB1 this holiday season now that the Kinectless model has been announced.

Trey

put-that-evil-on-me.gif

perfect response. If ADS is in, I'm handing out slaps.

Woorloog

Banned
Wait a minute. Didn't they claim the reclaimer trilogy would be on 360? Will this get cross gen release?

It has been a saga for a few years now, and it was never said it would be on 360, just begins there.
And absolutely no chance at being cross-gen.

Hopefully they bring back Neil Davidge, and hopefully they actually put Neil Davidge's score in the game this time. That would be real swell.

I still think Halo 4 will come to Xbox One.

Yoda

Looks cool. At this rate though they won't have anything left to announce at E3. I don't think these announcements are going to do anything for near-term sales either, so I don't see the point in doing them early.

Woorloog

Banned
Looks cool. At this rate though they won't have anything left to announce at E3. I don't think these announcements are going to do anything for near-term sales either, so I don't see the point in doing them early.

They're leaving all completely new IPs, if they have them, for E3, i think. So far their reveals have been kind of re-reveals.

At this rate though they won't have anything left to announce at E3. I don't think these announcements are going to do anything for near-term sales either, so I don't see the point in doing them early.

Halo was "announced" last year, we're just getting more information now, and they explicitly state we'll actually see more at E3. Do you think that E3 was just going to be Halo 5, a price drop and Sunset Overdrive? It'll be fine.

Cse

Banned
I just want a return to true Halo multiplayer - 343 needs to stop trying to replicate COD mechanics, and stick to what makes Halo actually unique.

Sai-kun

Banned
Not on the hype train, but having been so close to the franchise, it's hard not to get even a little excited about this kind of announcement. :) This is cool.

ryan299

The Precursors became the flood.

A few Precursors either escaped or were spared by the Forerunners. They either went into suspended animation or became molecular dust that was meant to eventually regenerate into their past forms. However, over millions of years, the dust became defective, failing to reconstitute the Precursors and instead inducing madness and mutations in life-forms that came in contact with it. This new form of the reduced Precursors would later be known as the Flood.

Flood is done, so I don't expect the Precursors.

http://www.halopedia.org/Precursor#Background

Marvel

could never
He's 46 years old chronologically, but is a few years younger due to time spent in Cryo. Still, due to his augmentations, his age deterioration is slowed substantially. Avery Johnson had only a fraction of the biological augmentation that John was subject to, but was still incredibly sprightly in his late 60s.

Yeah, it's all coming back now. I have the sudden urge to play Reach, loved that Halo's MP.

Disappointed that it isn't coming out this year, however it was completely expected. At least they all but confirmed Halo 2: Anniversary or trilogy bundle. Looking forward to playing some Halo in the fall.

jelly

I want simple multiplayer. No XP progression systems that mean nothing more than time played. If the game play is good, people will play. Don't need a billion unlocks.

Be the standout FPS that is unique and fun in it's simplicity without the need for carrot on a stick bar filling with the subtlety of a seizure. Halo would be the only one and people will love it. Halo would lead once again.

_woLf

Hopefully they bring back Neil Davidge, and hopefully they actually put Neil Davidge's score in the game this time. That would be real swell.

I still think Halo 4 will come to Xbox One.

NOPE AND NOPE THANKS

Neil's tracks was the worst part of Halo 4. Absolutely NO identity.

On twitter Josh Holmes said the character on the cover is a man and is a brand new character.

:( I was happy to see a female spartan on the cover

NOPE AND NOPE THANKS

Neil's tracks was the worst part of Halo 4. Absolutely NO identity.

It was probably my favorite Halo OST. I listen to the soundtrack all the time, but not much of the music was in the actual game.

But yeah I know people are hateful toward it, so okay. I couldn't disagree more, but opinions'n'shit. :p

RayMaker

Banned
when people say stuff like ''they should of saved it for E3, they have ruined the hype''

It makes no sense. All they have given is a title , we already new there was going to be a halo 5 anyway?

How does knowing its called Halo5: guardians dampen the hype in any way?

It actually increases the hype, the name drop is a little Amuse-bouche to wetten our appetites so we are salavating for the rest of the meal

Raide

I wonder if the two character thing is heading back to the co-op of Halo 2? Actually, Chief style + an ODST style character would be cool. 2 different styles of combat maybe?

Maybe the new Spartan is the protagonist hunting chief considering the Spartan Program is alive and well. Probably starts off as enemies and eventually becomes an ally like the Arbiter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom