• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians revealed - more at E3 - Fall 2015 [Box Art person is new guy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bsigg12

They don't need to show footage, just a slide will do.
• No loadouts
• No perks
• No sprint
• Static weapons
• No armour abilities
• 1-50

I say they need to nail the base mechanics. Movement and shooting need to feel like Halo again. From there, keep the armor abilities, sprint and load out a but offer a mode of just pure Halo without all that. They can't move forward without introducing new mechanics to the game, it would be a wasted opportunity to find that new thing for the franchise.

JDHarbs

I have a feeling this won't be the final boxart. It doesn't exactly strike me as typical Halo boxart. They went and changed Halo 4's between the announcement and release as well.

idk, maybe im just overthinking it.

bidguy

Banned
I have a feeling this won't be the final boxart. It doesn't exactly strike me as typical Halo boxart. They went and changed Halo 4's between the announcement and release as well.

idk, maybe im just overthinking it.

stinkles confirmed its not final

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
OOOOOOO!!!!

ysuP6ch.gif

The true followup to by far my favorite game in the Halo franchise franchise! Beyond hyped and excited about this. I can't wait to see what they have to show us about this.

wbarreda

I hope Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer is classic Halo gameplay and the same engine they'll use for Halo 5. It would be weird to have 2 Halo games with multiplayer in 10 months. They need to get this right.

H2A would be better off if it was the same engine but with a graphic facelift like H:CEA. Also, imho it is good way for Microsoft to cover its bets by having multiple Halo games out within a year’s time. Have the old school H2 multi to satisfy the old crowd which would let 343i take more chances with H5 mutli

J10

Banned
I say they need to nail the base mechanics. Movement and shooting need to feel like Halo again. From there, keep the armor abilities, sprint and load out a but offer a mode of just pure Halo without all that. They can't move forward without introducing new mechanics to the game, it would be a wasted opportunity to find that new thing for the franchise.

No. They should lose AA's and sprint and loadouts altogether, even as an option - not in matchmaking or custom games or campaign or anything. Otherwise what will happen is the so called "pure Halo" will just be perceived as gimped and end up ignored and cause a fracturing of the player base. Less is more. One unified style of play is best. Halo should be Halo for Halo players and not worry about trying to be everything for everybody.

Archpath1

Just give me real BTB please.
I liked halos large sized battles scorpions vs wraiths , hog vs ghost , banshees flying around, all while fighting for power weapons and map dominance. good shit.

Eoin

Why should the majority that want to play a Halo game be forced to play in just one playlist? People have obviously rejected Halo's current path in multi. 343 need to strip it back to what made Halo great and build on that core.

The true followup to by far my favorite game in the Halo franchise franchise! Beyond hyped and excited about this. I can't wait to see what they have to show us about this.
Is Halo 4 really your favorite? Are you talking single player or multi? Nothing against your opinion but it baffles me a bit.

Seriously, if MS are announcing all this now, how crazy is their E3 going to be? :D

Is Halo 4 really your favorite? Are you talking single player or multi? Nothing against your opinion but it baffles me a bit.

Purely singleplayer. I don't play Halo MP, always buy the Halo titles for the story and campaign experience. I loved what they did with the Chief and Cortana's characters in Halo 4. I really felt like it was a Halo game that was a lot more like the books I enjoy reading so much, so that made it my favorite. I also felt that it delivered on promises made with regards to Cortana's character for Halo 3, but what we actually ended up getting struck me as taking the easy way out. We also didn't just get Spartan 117 or the Master Chief in Halo 4, I think 343i did a masterful job with the Chief and really explored his human side without ruining the character. But he wasn't exactly some touchy, feely crybaby in an expensive suit of armor, I also felt the Chief has never felt like more of a true badass super soldier than he did in Halo 4. He did the kinds of things that you expect of someone with such a legendary reputation. I like how they went out of their way to make us believe the fiction about this legendary Spartan. Some things were more subtle, like the elevator sequence, but they worked. Cortana truly felt like the Chief's AI partner in Halo 4. That felt more real in Halo 4 than in previous titles. I could go on all day about all the stuff I loved about Halo 4. I even enjoyed the weapons and gameplay more than I ever have. I loved the dynamics that prometheans brought to the combat, how it made me think differently in certain encounters. It was a nice change of pace that I felt the series really needed.

I'm also a huge fan of the level design. I hated how Halo started feeling like a series of large maps just for the sake of saying "look how large they are." I want to actually be told a story, and the level and environment design are a tremendous part of that. Halo has never just been about the big levels, but also well designed smaller levels as well. I think Halo 4, on the campaign side, was made with a lot more freedom than the pressure of following Bungie would have implied, and I truly think it was the best game of them all in the end. Jungle level, librarian location, the forward unto dawn, as well as the crash site, the composer research facility, the Didact's ship, I enjoyed so many of these levels both from a gameplay as well as a visual storytelling standpoint.

Chettlar

Banned
Franklestinkles said:
But getting the Halo 5: Guardians announce out of the way is a big weight off our shoulders. This audience has correctly stated and assumed that you can’t necessarily squish a full Halo game into anything less than a three year development schedule – and at least up to and including Halo 5: Guardians, that’s more or less true.

Why yes we did, Frankie, yes we did.

I do appreciate that you did go ahead and do that though! Really. I mean, you guys could have gone with two years, but it just wouldn't have been as good.

Also love the commitment to 60fps!

Hey, his back and shoulders are smaller. I like it!

That was one of the things people seemed to mainly complain about

that some stretchin bro... but i think cortana is probably going to have something to do with the other suit

OHHHHHH NOOOOO. You don't think....

Pop

Looks like I can wait a year to own a X1 or not depending on H2 anni. But if I wait a year I probably could pick one up for around $300. Not bad.

No matter what, Halo news always gets me hyped.

Sendou

Seriously, if MS are announcing all this now, how crazy is their E3 going to be? :D

I think you would have a bigger point if Microsoft hadn't announced Halo 5 before or if they had shown a trailer of some kind today. This is just their way of keeping up the good momentum towards E3. Which is a smart plan but I don't think you should take it as "oh Microsoft's conference is so epic than they just needed to announce Halo 5 beforehand". Not that it can't be good. In fact I'm expecting that.

I'm interested to see how this game will turn out. I have fond memories of Halo 3 even if 343 apperently didn't exactly knock it out of the park with 4 I'm confident they have every chance in the world to make it right with Halo 5.

Takashi

They already did that for Reach and 4. They were niche playlists with a population that was pretty abysmal.

Why not instead have the actual non-fluff Halo be the default for the majority of game types like it was for previous iterations and make sure to call the main gametype Team Slayer, not anything else, and leave that add on AA/perk/Infinity crap in some niche playlist-- say Action Sack.

Raide

Honestly, if executed correctly, this would be pretty great.

Keep all the Spartan v Spartan stuff people like but having some huge maps with objectives etc, alongside Grunts and stuff. Take that Spartan Ops idea of having a story that runs through it and add loads of players blowing stuff up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom