• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians revealed - more at E3 - Fall 2015 [Box Art person is new guy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan299

IGN has an editorial talking about how the collection and early beta (a year out from release) is really a test to see what kind of Multiplayer the fanbase wants for Halo 5.

Really believe they need to head back to halo 2/3 style.

Caayn

Read exactly same as the claim that the perks in Halo 4 weren't perks because they weren't called perks...
My thoughts exactly. Sure it looked awesome in the trailer but I don't want another Halo to fall prey to some gameplay features than don't really belong in Halo.

As long as they remove the crap armor abilities and maybe augment standard movement or abilities (everyone has the same capabilities 24/7) i'm ok with this.
I agree. I'm a very mobile Halo player, so giving the player more mobility options is fine by me

I'm worried about that shockwave ability though... I hope it's just a one-off pick-up.

Tetranet

Huh, that's some pretty cool concept art. I always like desert sci-fi cities/civilizations, kind of irrelevant as far as Halo is concerned of course.

Also, dat glorious female.

I was sure of this during the conference but it is The Arbiter that is speaking to this new spartan ONI agent about chief: http://youtu.be/jVPjo8uROkw

So the beginning it was the trailer of the campaign of Halo 5 not Halo 2A cutscene this is why it was a CGI cutscene.

IGN has an editorial talking about how the collection and early beta (a year out from release) is really a test to see what kind of Multiplayer the fanbase wants for Halo 5.

I BELIEVE!

But srs they really need to go back to their arena shooting roots!

Flintty

I'm thinking some brutal mele attacks, perhaps interfacing with the environment (hacking), a better crouch/cover system and even some traversal would be good for them stealth missions (perhaps hiding in the rafters and drop attacks etc). The new armor has a spec ops feel to it so it would make sense right?

*Edit* I just remembered we're talking about the multiplayer trailer. Oh well, I can dream!

Smokey

We flagged it, and thought about saying"features" or similar, but it is easier to address it with you guys than confuse mainstream gamers.

For the love of Cortana....please don't make this like H4 MP :(

A main reason why people are so hyped for the Master Chief edition is because we will be able to play Halo pre COD4...

Stinkles pls

Skele7on

Banned
FqeZvcw

So this is in the visor, that's arbiter!! Gosh darn it so hype!

What I think halo master chief collection really is, is a simulation for this new mystery spartan to learn about chiefs past exploits and heroics, chief, who has gone rogue after going off to find answers over how to get cortana back and also find out how to stop the prometheans and the not so dead didact, meanwhile the UNSC along with the arbiter are tracking chief down to steal the promethean technologies maybe the didact too, maybe to also save chief from himself as by this point he wouldn't be surprised if he'd lost all humanity.

I'm super stoked imagination is going wild!!

Flintty

I don't think MC has gone rogue. It's not in his character. I think he's taking time out and I think he'll still play a big part in the ongoing Halo lore.

I fucking loved how the new guy was watching the old Halo 2 trailer/cut scene. Epic stuff.

LordOfChaos

Surprised there was no gameplay. I figured a trailer or a stage demo, but nope.

Guess we have to keep in mind how far away the game still is.

Anywho, just catching up on everything now, sure seems like confirmation of a lot of theories. New blue guy who doesn't lift ("agent"? Why not "Spartan"? Interesting) is indeed trying to find MC, and the arbiter is involved. Me still thinking Sanghelios level(s).

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Several people have postulated this, and well before IGN did.

Several people have postulated this, and well before IGN did.

I don't feel like it's a test, sure useful data but nothing they don't have 10 years of statistics about already. The collection is really about having an out to go full steam ahead with new ideas for Halo. Anyone who prefers older mechanics or maps etc has everything they could ever want now. It's also about getting all those previous Halo fans who literally built the xbox live subscriber base over the X1, they have every reason to move over now. Any Halo game or map or mechanic they like and 1080p, 60fps with dedis. Honestly it's the best thing to happen to Halo.

I would have loved a new Halo 5 game this year but I'm very pleased to play the collection while we wait for the development and design to polish off Halo 5. Halo 5 is now free from having to please so many audiences, they can simply move in new directions and take what they cherry pick from the older games. Progress and keeping everyone from the past happy too.

Guess we have to keep in mind how far away the game still is.

Anywho, just catching up on everything now, sure seems like confirmation of a lot of theories. New blue guy who doesn't lift ("agent"? Why not "Spartan"? Interesting) is indeed trying to find MC, and the arbiter is involved. Me still thinking Sanghelios level(s).
Yep from what we saw it only backs up lot of theories we already had.
I wonder if the Agent/Spartan is the same guy that interrogated Halsey

Dub117

Sure, while I play Halo CE 3 shot pistol and Hang 'em High rockets with my boys from high school. Halo CE online hyped for real.

monome

Not totally new but a little more precise info
Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer won't have Armor Abilities

"Competitive focus, level playing field, map control. Spartan abilities are player mechanics not loadout AAs."

http://www.totalxbox.com/78092/halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-wont-have-armor-abilities/

If it’s true this Halo could be really the true return of the Halo MP awesomeness.

They used perks for Halo 4, and now they will use parkour for Halo 5.
Pretty sure they will try and copy the campaign structure of Destiny too.

Polygon is saying that the secret spartan is Agent Locke!!?

Anyone knows who that is?

Guy will be introduced in the Nightfall series. Dude is black and a badass

monome

So it's like Crysis in the way that every player got the same kind of abilities?

Way more mainstream controls.

Think more of Titanfall contextual parkour but taken to a next level.

The sweet spot would be something akin to Halo 2 MP but with a shit ton of contextual actions to "show-off" and help dynamize the fights.
Plus some cloud things (potential AI ennemies/allies in some modes, events happening on the map, etc...)

monome

Nice, sounds great.

It's not info.

But parkour is the shit right now. and for all their sweet speeches, 343i is a me-too studio that has enough funding to sugar coat that truth.

So yeah...expect your Spartan to be way more agile. Just like in the teaser. and the only way 343i will pull it is like Assassin's Creed or Titanfall do it, by using contextual commands so you don't need another hand to control your spartan.

Best case scenario is Halo 2 MP with ninjas and a campaign that encourages to use your newly gained agility to create better opportunities to take down ennemies or discover new places with great vistas.

So the beginning it was the trailer of the campaign of Halo 5 not Halo 2A cutscene this is why it was a CGI cutscene.
All Cutscenes in H2A are replaced by CGI Cutscenes made by Blur Studios, so i think the "bring the covenant back their bomb" scene clips are part of the final cutscenes we'll see in H2A

Since the MC Collection will not include firefight i really hope we get it back with Halo 5.

Septic360

Banned
I think its Cortana....if not..its Palmer...

I kid I kid...

I actually reckon its a new protagonist that will get fleshed out in one of the new Halo live action films developed by Spielberg or the other chap.

Imagine...a story of a Spartan with a dark chequered past....

tumblr_lkdl78uKVT1qgun74.gif

Oh what a genius I am. I called it straight away.

Maybe I'm an insider eh? I already have a better track record than Thuway. ;)

Detective

Don't know how you guys feel about that . Do you think That K/D Ratio will presented in H5?

Are you for or against it?

If it's presented, Do You want XP level up by kills?

Isn't it better with XP gained by winning only?

wouldn't that make ppl to cooperate more often to win and not getting busy about K/D ratio?

Anyone post this yet? Source: Polygon

Blur will also produce a prologue and an epilogue to the story 343 teased in the E3 trailer below. Delivered as a message from the Arbiter to Agent Locke, it also includes a brief appearance from the Spartan, who must "walk in his footsteps" to find Master Chief.

Heretic

Wonder what that means "walk in his footsteps"?

I'm hoping it's only the prologue and epilogue and the new cutscenes are not showing Locke witnessing some kind of hologram of the events.

My guess is he has to buy an Xbox One and the Master Chief Collection and pass them all LASO style.

Filaipus

Banned
Way more interesting is the questions that come with the trailer..

Why is the arbiter helping Agent Locke and why are they in the Elites homeworld? I'm sorry but that is clearly Sangheili.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

Why is the arbiter helping Agent Locke and why are they in the Elites homeworld? I'm sorry but that is clearly Sangheili.

The Chief is missing and needs to be found. There is a specific threat to the galaxy that, apparently, only he can stop. Locke is seeking him out by talking to folks who may have an insight into his whereabouts - the Arbiter in particular suggests Locke re-trace the Chief's movements during the close of the Covenant war.

Arbiter, as we've seen in the post-Halo 3 media, has been staying close to his home planet to help his people rebuild after the war. It hasn't been going too smoothly for him.
That's what I got out of it.

I don't necessarily think he's helping Agent Locke. When Arby says "I tell you this, not because I trust you, Agent Locke, but because ALL our lives are at stake".

I guess locke sought out the arbiter, and both of them are searching for chief in a way. Somehow their lives are at stake, flood perhaps, maybe even the Didact returns?
Even though he has ties with oni they somehow need to work together to find chief, and face whatever threat comes their way.

Also that non trust line is reminiscent to arby and chiefs relationship and halo 2-3's story arc. They were once separated by misconceptions of one another, and once they found out they share a common goal, they worked together to stop the flood. Even though the prophets misguided the elites, and in this case maybe oni misguided agent locke in to searching for chief for their own reasons.

So i'm sure they will include branching story lines in halo 5, maybe even between three characters. This seems to be a campaign that will be similar to halo's 2,3, and odst put together.

Solidsoul

Banned
Is it safe to assume the campaign for Halo 5 will be playable offline?

I shouldn't have to worry because all the campaigns prior were, but with the news on Crackdown relying on cloud it kinda scares me.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom