• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians revealed - more at E3 - Fall 2015 [Box Art person is new guy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel

could never
Cortana can be cloned, wouldn't it be interesting if cloned Cortana was paired with Naomi and sent after John by Oni?

Spartan V? Highly unlikely. ONI/UNSC has just invested heavily into the Spartan IV program. The female Spartan in that picture is most likely Naomi, she is the only Spartan that stands directly under Serin Osman (Commander of ONI) and would be the most likely Spartan to hunt a rogue Spartan down.
Ah, I had completely forgotten about Naomi. Yeah, it'd make sense for ONI to send another Spartan II after John. I hope Kelly, Fred and Linda aren't sent after him as well.

Cortana can be cloned, wouldn't it be interesting if she was paired with Naomi and sent after John by Oni?
There was that scene after the Composer was used on the scientists where Cortana talks about how the next Cortana "wouldn't be her". Foreshadowing? It would certainly make for some interesting drama if they did that.

ultimota

i'am so hyped right now :D, but got scared when i seen in the place of the BR scope what looks like a red dot sight o_O or am i crazy?

did 343i have any major organisational changes? I have ZERO faith these guys know how to make a good Halo game. They didn't try and miss, they shot in the complete wrong direction.

He knows how to roll.

eoqDt9H.gif

actually phil said they were going to be doing this
as they have too much to show at E3
so I only wonder 2 things
what will be revealed, yet, before E3
and what are the cards he is holding back at E3

There is no chance in hell this isn't a little bit of MS trying to downplay the NPD results, halo 5 will be at E3, that's a given.

So much negativity in this thread already.

I'm not a big FPS fan, but new-gen Halo running at 60fps is something I really want to see and experience.

Woorloog

Banned
New Spartan bearing Office of the Naval Intelligence logo in the cover, Halo EU hinting that the Chief has vanished... I bet the game will be told in two viewpoints, the new Spartan and the Chief (they ain't going to have a main Halo game without playable Chief i think).
Desert will be a big location, presumably. Perhaps the desert on the Ark, seeing as the Halo Xbox One trailer desert looked a lot like the Ark's desert and Halo EU has made it clear the Ark still exists and wasn't destroyed in Halo 3.

As interesting as the next Halo is going to be, MS really needs to show something new and interesting for me, Halo alone doesn't sell me even Kinectless Xbone.

Raps93

Banned
did 343i have any major organisational changes? I have ZERO faith these guys know how to make a good Halo game. They didn't try and miss, they shot in the complete wrong direction.

Halo 4 wasn't that bad.May not have been good as some others, but your exaggerating.

def sim

Reading some of the posts here, I realize I know very little of what's going on in Halo.

Anyway, I hope they go nuts with the single player portion of Halo 5. Try something unexpected and all that.

Wow @ them commiting to 60 fps THAT early. I hope they deliver it, even @ 900p or some other strange resolution.

60 fps is VERY important for competitive MP gaming.

mclem

So, uh, as someone with only a passing understanding of the Halo storyline (I've played the first and that's it)... isn't that Samus's helmet on the character who isn't Master Chief?

Aw man, this boxart would have me so much more excited if it was Chief and Arbiter.

I think it would have been cool if the Prometheans had been beating the shit out of humans all across the galaxy, and then in the third act of the trilogy Earth teams up with the Covenant (the Arbiter being their fleet's Admiral) and the two sides go to war.

Isn't Cortana
dead
by this point?

Well yeah, but she's an AI based on a woman who's still alive. Who's to say they can't just make another Cortana from Halsey's consciousness? Especially since it's been, what, seven years since Cortana was created/introduced in Reach.

Skeleton

Banned
actually phil said they were going to be doing this
as they have too much to show at E3
so I only wonder 2 things
what will be revealed, yet, before E3
and what are the cards he is holding back at E3

Well Halo 2a will be at E3
Halo 5 has another E3 before release, so maybe a short teaser,
probably more talk about the show too.

I am super excited to see the cards they keep for E3.
I'm expecting 100% improvement on last years abysmal show.
This is when the consoles finally wake up and start delivering (hopefully)

allan-bh

Halo 4 has a good campaing.

They tried to change MP, but I think they learned a lesson.

WJD

Would happily take 60fps at 720 - 900p provided it was a steady 60. Not a chance in hell they reach 1080p/60fps, especially (hopefully) considering the scale they should be trying to achieve.

nbraun80

Yeah halo 5 in fall 2015 really isn't the news hear, it was kinda expected at this point. Big news is really just the confirmation that we're getting a halo game (probably H2A) this fall.

Recall

Halo 4 has a good campaing.

They tried to change MP, but I think they learned a lesson.

A campaign that is no different in any variety to any that preceded it.

Oh look new enemies... that do nothing different, add no new challenge.

Halo 4 was underwhelming. Maybe out of context from the series and on its own some may love it, but it just didn't hold up against any other title in the series.

So, uh, as someone with only a passing understanding of the Halo storyline (I've played the first and that's it)... isn't that Samus's helmet on the character who isn't Master Chief?

Different Spartans have lots of different helmet designs. Particularly in multiplayer. Just look at this image for example:

team.jpg

Beat yeah; Samus (minus the shoulder spheres) was the first thing I thought of too. The character is less bulky than Chief which makes me think it's a woman.

I see what seems to be a blue and yellow pattern on the top of top spartan's helmet, I don't suppose that is a colour scheme or insignia that a more avid Halo fan can recognize?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom