• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians revealed - more at E3 - Fall 2015 [Box Art person is new guy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai__

Nah, not hyping myself up, this time. Wait, until we see actual gameplay. At this point, I'm just happy, that Halo 5 isn't this year, which means Halo 2 Anniversary is comming this year and it gives them extra time to polish Halo 5.

Also, I wonder if they will keep their promise with 1080p/60FPS. Gonna be tough, judging from other games.

Edit: My mistake, they never said 1080p.

rrc1594

Different Spartans have lots of different helmet designs. Particularly in multiplayer. Just look at this image for example:

team.jpg

Beat yeah; Samus (minus the shoulder spheres) was the first thing I thought of too. The character is less bulky than Chief which makes me think it's a woman.

Man noble 6 went out like a boss

Yager

Banned
60 fps? DO WANT.

Smart move announcing it out of the show, so they can focus on games that are coming out this year (or sooner than H5) in order to convince people to buy a One. At least that's how I see it. Anyway...I'M HYPED AS HELL.

RyudBoy

Nah, not hyping myself up, this time. Wait, until we see actual gameplay. At this point, I'm just happy, that Halo 5 isn't this year, which means Halo 2 Anniversary is comming this year and it gives them extra time to polish Halo 5.

Also, I wonder if they will keep their promise with 1080p/60FPS. Gonna be tough, judging from other games.

They never said it would be 1080p, just 60fps.

Colbert

Banned
I see what seems to be a blue and yellow pattern on the top of top spartan's helmet, I don't suppose that is a colour scheme or insignia that a more avid Halo fan can recognize?

Top Spartan looks really female + blue visor --> Cortana as playable Char?

Marvel

could never
The Prometheans were damn easy to beat even Legendary. Halo 4 is probably the easiest Halo, unfortunately. Liked it otherwise well enough.

I should re-word that, easy in a sense to deal with tactically I guess. But they were tanks HP wise and the teleporting shit when you're low on ammo mixed it up nicely on Legendary I thought.

Elite, plasma pistol one melee or headshot. Done.

Prometheans were cooler.

big_z

sonys going to need something big this holiday. if Microsoft does a 2 game holiday bundle along with halo 5 they got major pull.

kind of wonder what big surprises they'll have for E3. hopefully they don't announce the big stuff before the show.

pswii60

So glad they're still designing for 60fps. Also great to hear they're moving in a new direction rather than doing the same old.

Woorloog

Banned
I should re-word that, easy in a sense to deal with tactically I guess. But they were tanks HP wise and the teleporting shit when you're low on ammo mixed it up nicely on Legendary I thought.

Elite, plasma pistol one melee or headshot. Done.

Prometheans were cooler.

I grinded through them by headshotting them constantly with the Light Rifle and never really ran out of ammo. Or heavy weapons if i had such. Damage sponges are never problematic for me... not after Halo 2 Legendary. Or Reach Legendary (where every single enemy is a damage sponge).

Metfanant

Hope this serves as a reminder for people when they decide they want to turn on insiders like CBoat so quickly when a single bit of information turns out to be wrong...

Also...I'm not sure why everyone is saying the top character is a female...I don't get much of a female vibe at all from simply looking at the character model...

Boring name, well who give a shit if the game's good tho.

The player characters in Destiny are called Guardians. C'mon guys.

Obviously you guys are not too familiar with being "killed by the guardians" LoL

It's coming out over a year from now (no launch window pressures) and I'm assuming it'll be running DX12 APIs, so 1080p with decent IQ is likely, I'd say.

come on bro...you haven't been sipping any of that misterX koolaid stuffed in the back of the fridge have you?...

DX13 isn't gonna make this game 1080p...343i chose the words for this press release very carefully...you don't throw around tech specs like "60fps" so proudly and with such confidence and simply forget to mention the resolution...

This will be just like BF4...343 will dodge the resolution question for the next year and a half, talking about the "60fps experience" and how important it is...right up until the end and it will be somewhere between 720p and 900p...the recently popular 792p is where I would set the over/under...

I loved Halo 4. More Halo is always good, so I'm looking forward to Halo 5. I'm pretty sure 343 knows how to deal with handling 5 after the feedback they got during their first attempt.

sonys going to need something big this holiday. if Microsoft does a 2 game holiday bundle along with halo 5 they got major pull.

kind of wonder what big surprises they'll have for E3. hopefully they don't announce the big stuff before the show.

Sony's sitting at a comfortable lead over the Xbox One worldwide, not even the touted TitanFall bundle put a dent in that. I'm sure both parties will announce their Holiday 2014 plans at E3, which I'm looking forward to.

Also, Destiny is being backed by one of the biggest publishers out there with a $500M marketing budget. It'll do just fine.

L1NETT

Hopefully 343 learned some lessons from the Halo 4 feedback.

Think with their stream of hires one would like to think they have.

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Stoked for Halo 2 and this. Good luck David, Frankie and the rest of you.

roytheone

Man, first the kinect less xbone, then Far cry 3 and now Halo 5: guardians. If these are the reveals BEFORE E3, I can't wait to see the reveals AT E3!

Orayn

I have a soft spot for Halo, so this not coming until Fall 2015 would give me ample time to pick up a cheap Xbone. How much do you suppose a used Kinectless model will go for on Craigslist by then?

wrog

It's odd that Microsoft decided to make this announcement before E3. Now I want to know more. Let's hope they have something really good for Halo fans this year.

Mindwipe

I guess they haven't learned anything about armour design that doesn't look terrible, then. I'm hoping for some huge changes (music, UNSC design aesthetics etc) after Halo 4 got pretty much everything wrong, but i'm still looking forward to it.

Yup. It even says they learnt about aesthetics, then includes the pig ugly Spartan IV armour designs and the Michael Bay retcon to the Chief's armour that Halo 4 introduced. If anything, the new female Spartan armour is even worse. Baffling, especially after he even takes his armour off at the end of 4, so it would surely be thrown in the bin as archaic?

I worry that the top Spartan is Palmer, but I suppose if she's chasing the Chief for Oni after he goes rogue then you'll have plenty of opportunities to shoot her in the face. Sigh. If we're going to have a plot centric Spartan it'd be nice to have one people liked such as Linda, but that armour just doesn't seem bulky enough.

I should be excited for a new Halo, but nothing here suggests big changes in approach to me :-/

EDIT: Also, I really hope I'm wrong about a lone wolf rogue MC, because Halo is at it's best when you've got half the UNSC behind you shooting at stuff and you're the defining part of a big engagement, like Halo 3's Scarab battles.

Sid

Sunset Overdrive,$400 Xbone and now this...MS's E3 will be HUGE if they're dropping all these bombs early.

Halo 4 has a good campaing.

They tried to change MP, but I think they learned a lesson.

I don't think it has a good campaign. Everything about Halo 4, other than the graphics, was really bad.

Forgettable music, poor level design, repetitive enemies, pointless retcons everywhere, a story that made little sense if you haven't read the books, design choices that don't even fit in slightly with those that were already part of the universe (E.g. Forerunner stuff now having glowing lights everywhere, Spartan 4 armour looking nothing even slightly like UNSC designs, All the new UNSC vehicles, weapons, armour being absolutely nothing like things from the previous games), story elements that didn't make much sense such as no one really caring the found the Master Chief and many other problems. There were so many bad things with the game, i hope this next one is better but Halo 4 pretty much ruined all expectations i had of the new games being much good.

Metfanant

Did you bother to read the press release?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
This may end up being the first game in the series I don't play.

Best of luck to the team but Halo 4 was a kick in the teeth and it still smarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom