• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Launch Day Multiplayer Playlist Revealed

Grazzt

Frankie, will the digital game unlock at 12:00am in each region or will we have to wait till a global unlocking time?

How about MP server? When will it be opened?
I am in Taiwan so I probably can get my LE earlier than 12:01am EST. I will definitely jump into SP first but wouldn't mind to try few multiplayer games at all.

If it is a global unlock then the MP servers might not be up so early.

Akai__

If they would be up ahead everyone with the Console Bundle can play already since the 20th

The bundles that are sold prior to release date all come with digital codes, so the game won't unlock earlier for them. People who got lucky and got an early retail copy would be able to play in that case.

Tomash

This was the popularity of playlists in Halo 4, screenshot taken from Kevin Franklin's presentation at D.I.C.E. 2015

ytKESB9.jpg

Approx.
BTIS 35%
IS 25%
Objectives 15%
SWAT 10%
Regicide(FFA) 5%
Rest 10%

Madness

This was the popularity of playlists in Halo 4, screenshot taken from Kevin Franklin's presentation at D.I.C.E. 2015

ytKESB9.jpg

Approx.
BTIS 35%
IS 25%
Objectives 15%
SWAT 10%
Regicide(FFA) 5%
Rest 10%

All the more boggling there isn't an Infection/Flood playlist. It's one of their more popular playlists and a great way to kill time after heavy competitive play. I mean can you imagine how much better it would be to have the new abilities and play as Zombies/Flood Vs. Spartans?

I don't think H4 is necessarily a good look for what the playlists should be though. A lot of the more competitive and hardcore players left H4 behind. I think the H5 beta is probably one of their better looks at how people play, as well as utilizing what was the most popular stuff in MCC. Even then, I still think I'll be having fun at launch. BTB will come soon, and they'll rotate playlists every weekend.

singhr1

All the more boggling there isn't an Infection/Flood playlist. It's one of their more popular playlists and a great way to kill time after heavy competitive play. I mean can you imagine how much better it would be to have the new abilities and play as Zombies/Flood Vs. Spartans?

I don't think H4 is necessarily a good look for what the playlists should be though. A lot of the more competitive and hardcore players left H4 behind. I think the H5 beta is probably one of their better looks at how people play, as well as utilizing what was the most popular stuff in MCC. Even then, I still think I'll be having fun at launch. BTB will come soon, and they'll rotate playlists every weekend.

They've said infection is one of the most popular in MCC since it launched. It's also still one of the most popular (i think #2) in Halo: Reach. It'll likely be early in the community voting.

Trup1aya

Agreed. It's definitely niche (with a small-yet-vocal fanbase), but calling it niche is definitely not the way to roll.

It is niche... So, what's wrong with calling it niche?
Why can't the people who enjoy this niche gametype accept that it's not even close to being one of the most popular...

It's no surprise to me that it isn't a top priority...

i love doubles

Zeta Oni

josh holmes answered a bunch of questions on waypoint following yesterday's news. Someone compiled them all, and I figured I'd post it here..

6. Regarding the Weekend Social playlist addition, will there be more than just one playlist made available under this social banner every weekend?
Each week there will be a community vote between three different playlists, and the playlist with the most votes will be featured as the Weekend Social activity for that week.

Im ok with this.

Tbh the only thing I'm missing, other than BTB, is a Team Objective playlist. The rest is fine with me, other than Breakout being in Team Arena. I get the reasoning, but I don't think it'll be good. Mainly cos Breakout breaks me.

Damn you for pointing out the diaper thing. Never really looked at it like that.

I doubt anyone has ever looked at it like that until 343 used that exact phrasing to justify the redesign.
Pretty much every armored dork from Star Wars has been wearing plastic space briefs like those for almost 40 years and you don't see people complaining about Darth Vader's weird oversized space diaper with a coin slot. Let alone asking for a redesign to make him more "modern."

I fully support wearing space underpants on the outside. It beats running around with a plate stuck to your butt.

It's early and I can't tell if this was the point you were making, but aren't the "space diapers" literally diapers for the Spartans? I mean they are waist storage/removal systems aren't they?

bchamba

5. What will the Slayer playlist contain? Slayer with assault rifles and pistols, slayer with Br and pistols or both?
Starting weapons in the Slayer playlist will be AR and Magnum/Pistol.

:/

I'm very glad for AR/pistol starts. It means 2 things for me: 1 you don't start with the most versatile weapon in the game which promotes weapon variety (and arguably more map movement), 2 a lot of people will be using AR and I'm going to kick their ass with my precision skill.

Trying to get my mind off the playlist debacle. Akai, I wish you wouldn't have convinced me that forge maps didn't count, you brought my expectations up only to have 343 bring me back down. Didn't you talk to 343 directly or something? Oh well.

I said it a million times yesterday, but I still don't get why some team slayer maps are in team arena and not the actual slayer playlist. I can understand if they thought pegasus and orion weren't a good fit for team slayer (which is why they put them in ffa/swat), but the slayer maps put in arena are literally team slayer maps in the arena playlist but are absent from the slayer playlist. Makes absolutely no sense to me.

Glass

The pistol is like a mini BR in itself, and I love that picking up weapons matters again. For me at least it makes games more interesting.

Trup1aya

I said it a million times yesterday, but I still don't get why some team slayer maps are in team arena and not the actual slayer playlist. I can understand if they thought pegasus and orion weren't a good fit for team slayer (which is why they put them in ffa/swat), but the slayer maps put in arena are literally team slayer maps in the arena playlist but are absent from the slayer playlist. Makes absolutely no sense to me.

I can't wrap my head around this one either... I understand why there are a few opportunities for Slayer in team Arena... But all slayer maps should be in the slayer playlist...

Flipyap

It's early and I can't tell if this was the point you were making, but aren't the "space diapers" literally diapers for the Spartans? I mean they are waist storage/removal systems aren't they?
No, because they're just a layer of armor that goes over the undersuit, it's not actually connected to their naughty bits, which would really complicate the transfer of said fluids upwards to the armor hanging from the waist.
The waste is more likely to be processed by the undersuit itself and stored somewhere under thick layers of armor (you wouldn't want your poo bags to be easily punctured) probably on their thighs, stillsuit-style.

mcrommert

Banned
No, because they're just a layer of armor that goes over the undersuit, it's not actually connected to their naughty bits, which would really complicate the transfer of said fluids upwards to the armor hanging from the waist.
The waste is more likely to be processed by the undersuit itself and stored somewhere under thick layers of armor (you wouldn't want your poo bags to be easily punctured) probably on their thighs, stillsuit-style.

If I remember correctly its actually processed and recycled...so it should never need to be emptied (its fiction after all)

How do you know this? Is this in the lore?

Flipyap

If I remember correctly its actually processed and recycled...so it should never need to be emptied (its fiction after all)
I get that, I just assume that the process would take some time. Plus, even recycled poop should be stored in a well-protected area, since it might end up saving your life. The poop.

How do you know this? Is this in the lore?
Well, I don't have actual proof that there isn't a complex system of pipes leading down there, through the undersuit, but it doesn't appear to be physically possible.
SdF425I.jpg

(it is, however, temporarily attached to that other dude's face)

Top Bottom