• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Anniversary |OT| It All Comes Full Circle

Based on the fact that I don't think the sandbox is going to be radically altered, we'll have a few new weapons and vehicles for sure like every Halo game, it means we're most likely to have typical "Halo" encounters against intelligent and reactive enemies. With the enemies using the same sandbox, they are most likely to be "Covenant" - well the jackals, grunts and elites we've come to love.

The main enemies can't be Forerunners or machines because of the open and familiar nature of the sandbox. Machines or Forerunners simply wouldn't be using crude Plasma Pistols, or Needlers, piloting Banshees or driving Ghosts or anything like that.

We have the Chief finding himself stranded on this Forerunner installation and we've been promised that the place will feel alive and active compared with past Forerunner ruins that have been rather dead or inert - even with sentinels. So there's definitely going to be a Forerunner or Forerunner AI/sentinel presence or whatever is making the place "active".

The events of Glasslands gives us an idea of the situation the former-Covenant species now finds themselves in. The Covenant war machines is utter broken. The factories are silent. The former Prophets have mysterious retreated from Galactic view. The Engineers have also vanished. The Brutes are in complete disarray, the Grunts are... well, they will probably begin to over-breed and ruin whatever limited food supply system they depend on without the Covenant. The Elites are busy trying to figure out how to plant crops.

Humanity has been pushed to the edge of extinction. Earth's location is no longer a secret. However Humanity is currently in the best position in terms of military and economic infrastructure thanks to the hurried adoption of Covenant and Forerunner technologies. Minor scribbles with lost colonies aside, Humanity is sitting on top of the Galactic foodchain.

Those "lost" colonies have turned their backs on the UNSC, having felt abandoned during their times of greatest need. On the back of the forgotten Insurrection against the UNSC prior to the Covenant war, there's a renewed sense of rebellion from the surviving colonies. Military technology is now an open commodity and a multi-species black market is flourishing trading in tools of planetary destruction thanks to opportunistic species from all sides.

Then we have the Haloes. We have six armed Halo installations any Human could foolishly activate just sitting out there across the galaxy. We have ONI Research Facility Trevelyan, a hyperstructure that dwarves the Earth in size (would make for an interesting place to settle!). Trevelyan would take thousands of years to fully explore.

The Flood is not defeated. We've destroyed the Gravemind at the Ark. The Elites cleaned up Installation 05, but that leaves at least five Halo installations that most likely still have the Flood. And the events of Halo Wars have shown that the Flood may still be present in other locations.

So Master Chief is drifting towards an active Forerunner installation. I think we're gonna fight some Elites again when they make a move to acquire Forerunner technology so as to not fall behind Humanity militarily - we'll see Grunts and Jackals again too along for the ride. The Chief might be alone when he lands and goes off exploring but it won't be too long before he encounters familiar enemies and new foes.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Neo-Covenant (dammit, I have to give them some collective term, so I'm choosing this even if it might be very wrong for obvious reasons) or the Prophets in a desperate power move or even a Neo-Insurrectionist movement end up freeing whatever ancient enemy that is locked away in the Forerunner installation.

We'll have our three way battles with the Neo-Covenant, Neo-Insurrectionists, Sentinels or maybe even the Flood. The UNSC will most likely end up finding the Chief at some point and enter the new struggle before the game concludes.

In the past we've fought alongside ODST and marines and I think we're going to be joined by the Spartan IV's on the battlefield but I doubt they'll ever be as effective as the Chief or former Spartan groups.

There's so many open possibilities and threats to the galaxy still left to resolve so I don't think we're going to be any new super Haloes or Mega-Arks.

I still think we're far too in the dark at this point to make any serious progress in pinpointing the exact journey in we'll be taking in Halo 4 or what exactly we'll be doing along the way. The possibilities are easily mapped out, even considering possible curve balls or surprising twists that 343 will inevitably throw our way.

I've been interested in politics. The history of the UNSC has been the most fascinating for me and also the most tortuous thanks to how little has been explained or explored. If I could pay 343 a million quid to produce a detailed historical textbook book documenting human history between now and the events prior to the Human-Covenant war I would.

I had a twinge of excitement with Reach when the Insurrection was mentioned, only to be left cold that it was an empty and ultimately brief reference.

I ideally I'd like to see this explored and have it take centre stage, if not in the games then at least in the fiction, but politics and human squabbles isn't particularly Halo. We've never gunned down another human being (well we have within the framework of the game, with friendly fire =P) and I don't think that going to happen in Halo 4 or beyond.

The Spartan II project was created to halt a rebellion. Humanity was at war with itself, like we've always been. The Covenant War was a distraction. The Flood was a distraction. This new threat may be a distraction. But soon enough we'll get back to a point where we're going to argue and fight and kill each other again.
I think Glasslands has shown this moment may have already come.
Unless it's depressed Engineers piloting bad-ass mecha, if any of the Covenant
are the main combat enemies for Halo 4 then I... am done with Halo. It would (superficially at least, if not completely) be the laziest and most boring thing 343I could do. It's such a bad decision I'm going to believe they're not only much smarter than that but much more passionate/creatively powered.

They absolutely can not do that, can they?

I agree about Innsurrectionists and fighting the rebellion, perhaps as ODSTs, could make for a great game. As for the larger fiction, there are more groups with their own interest at heart that there are opportunities to do cool things with the innies, but because there is so much to do, especially with whatever the enemies of the new trilogy turn out to be having to be the focus of the fiction.

Mr. Sam

Me too. So good. Soooo goooood. I'm loving this game so far. Only two complaints:

1. For the first time in my dozens of playthroughs of CE on Legendary, I had problems with Keyes being a dumb ass on Truth and Reconciliation. Master military strategist my ass.

Oh God, tell me about it. The amount of times he positioned himself just right so he was a human shield for a cloaked, sword wielding elite! What the hell are you looking at me for, Keyes? You're about to get stab-- Never mind. Once I'd cleared the room, I turned and punched him in the mouth.

You mean Forerunners as enemies, right? I don't see it happening. They are dead.

The main enemies can't be Forerunners or machines because of the open and familiar nature of the sandbox. Machines or Forerunners simply wouldn't be using crude Plasma Pistols, or Needlers, piloting Banshees or driving Ghosts or anything like that.

I edited your post down to save space, but apparently you haven't really been following the Halo universe.

A) It's stated several times that the Covenant are adaptive, not innovative. And who's technology did they "adapt"? The Forerunners. So they're weapons, vehicles and everything is based on Forerunner tech. That said, I expect the enemies of Halo 4 to bring plenty of new tech to the table.

B) Everything post Halo 3 has been heading in the direction of the Forerunners and Precursors. The Cryptum trilogy is all about the Forerunners. Glasslands features a plot about familiar characters on a Forerunner shield world. The Terminals added to Halo Anniversary are about the Forerunners. There's obviously a reason for all this; To prepare players for Halo 4.

C) The Halo 4 art trailer flashed an image of what looks like to be a new enemy, which is definitely NOT Covenant.

343 is going through too many lengths to build up this arc as a Forerunner/Precursor tale for Halo 4 to be about just more conflict with the Covenant. The Covenant may indeed play a role in Halo 4. After all, those races are still around. But I highly doubt they will be the "main" enemy. We've fought the Covenant in 5 games over 10 years now. Halo 4 is the beginning of something new.

Untracked

While the talking is going on after you kill the Elites, fall back to the rear of the room. Keyes and the rest of the Marines should follow you, just make sure you stand in front of him after that and you should be all right. Having Grunt Funeral skull on really helps you out here.

Worked like a charm on my first attempt. Thanks.

Not looking forward to the Flood.

Onwards!

I edited your post down to save space, but apparently you haven't really been following the Halo universe.

A) It's stated several times that the Covenant are adaptive, not innovative. And who's technology did they "adapt"? The Forerunners. So they're weapons, vehicles and everything is based on Forerunner tech. That said, I expect the enemies of Halo 4 to bring plenty of new tech to the table.

B) Everything post Halo 3 has been heading in the direction of the Forerunners and Precursors. The Cryptum trilogy is all about the Forerunners. Glasslands features a plot about familiar characters on a Forerunner shield world. The Terminals added to Halo Anniversary are about the Forerunners. There's obviously a reason for all this; To prepare players for Halo 4.

C) The Halo 4 art trailer flashed an image of what looks like to be a new enemy, which is definitely NOT Covenant.

343 is going through too many lengths to build up this arc as a Forerunner/Precursor tale for Halo 4 to be about just more conflict with the Covenant. The Covenant may indeed play a role in Halo 4. After all, those races are still around. But I highly doubt they will be the "main" enemy. We've fought the Covenant in 5 games over 10 years now. Halo 4 is the beginning of something new.

Arent the elite on the brink of a civilian war one team is against humans the others are working with humans i can see the the team against humans join the whatever enemy halo 4 will bring and be genetically enhanced.

Oh man I really did forget how boring the library was, it looks really nice now but damn son, I would have been in favor of cutting out two of those floors.

Yep. Everything deals with the Forerunner. People who haven't read the books won't even think about the Covenant as enemies again, because of the Halo 3 ending.

ToyMachine to Slightly Live

I laughed
If I hadn't known Slightly Live, I'd have posted the same. Everything deals with the Forerunner.
Even the conflicts of the Elites
And Slightly Live's post surprised me, that he still considers the Covenant as Enemies... I hope he just rushed with this post.

Arent the elite on the brink of a civilian war? one team is against humans, the others are working with humans. i can see the the team against humans join the whatever enemy. halo 4 will bring and be genetically enhanced.

Fixed for ya.

The dynamic in Halo 4 is going to be interesting. Humans have an uneasy alliance with the Covenant, and so I can imagine at points of the game at least we will fight them. They may not be the main enemy, but I hope we get a chance to go toe to toe against some Elites at some point. The covenant are an interesting bunch, we may have alliances with certain groups and still be enemies with others.

I hope the flood dont show up,
but from the sounds of it 343 have planted a way in for them. Cryptum and the CEA Terminals both discuss how they came from outside the Universe, and could be slowly drifting towards us.

The precursors could potentially show up, but is it fair to say theyre influence is felt through the flood? Im so confused about the Precursor prisoner.

The Forerunners seem to be taking centre stage in Halo 4, I just hope that if they are the main enemy that we have something more interesting to fight than sentinels.

Of course, human insurrectionists are a potential enemy, but I really doubt we will fight humans. At most I feel that they will be a passing reference.

It would be FOOLISH for the Sangheili to not jump at this opportunity to lead and control the Kig-Yar and the Unggoy. We all know Sangheili are the only Covenant species that can assert and maintain strategic dominance over them. The prophets are retreating, and it was only with their guidance that the brutes could ever do it.

I wouldn't be surprised if an Elite/Jackal/Grunt neo-covenant formed. They could take it either way whether they were enemies or allies, or perhaps a bit of both.

Personally, the reason why I don't think we'll be fighting
Prometheans in Halo 4 is because I can't imagine us fighting them. It doesn't seem fitting. Maybe I'll change my mind when I see them in action, but for now...

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Aren't every Covenant weapon based on Forerunner technology?
Why shouldn't we fight against them? Because we saved the galaxy with their tech? Because we thought that they are well-disposed to us? Humanity is misusing the Forerunner tech to subjugate or to annihilate the other races. Don't you think about a possibility that a old Promethean, the highest rank for a Warrior in the Forerunner society, seeing their sacrifice in such a misuse can't be angry about our race?

And if they are using the Covenant as enemies again, then I think 343i miss a big opportunity. Halo 4 is the perfect time to introduce a bunch of new enemy types. Normal players don't know in which condition humanity or the Covenant is.

Subjugate and annihilate? What are you talking about? Humanity was almost wiped out, first by the Covenant and then by the Flood. 90% of the total Human population has been murdered by the Covenant in a genocide lasting decades. This all mainly thanks to the Covenant's technological superiority.

As of Glasslands, Humanity has barely begun to start to rebuild as the damage done during the war and the events at the end are still being assessed. We aren't out there destroying or subjugating anyone, even if you include ONI's petty political meddling.

So no, why would any surviving Forerunner think badly about Humanity? I'd say they be rather annoyed at the "Prophets" if anything.

That's what I am thinking;
we still don't know what happens with the Didact in the upcoming two novels, and seeing as it changes perspective to a human, they could be building him to have more darker intentions (depending on perspective I'd imagine). He is not going to be happy with humanity's current position in the universe if it comes to the timeline of where Halo 3 ends, seeing what has come of their installations and how they've been wrecked by the reclaimers.

What? The Forerunner technology destroyed between the events of Halo and Halo 3 are all weapons of mass destruction or facilities designed to operated in combative situation. The Flood returned and some things got destroyed. It happens. The Haloes and the Ark weren't some creative artistic expressions of passion, they were tools designed to blow shit up and kill.

Why would the Didact or anyone other than a rampant Installation Monitor give two shits about anything destroyed?

Unless the Flood escapes again... then maybe, just maybe, a Forerunner might be a bit salty. Maybe. If.

To a fair sense, we would seem very aggressive to them if he looks at our history and then puts that in retrospective to the time before the first human/forerunner war. But this is only one big suggestion of what the enemy is in Halo 4, the other one could be the pre-cursors and have the Prometheans and the Didact as potential allies to the chief on the forerunner world, perhaps?

One way to support that is that unknown ship being of similar technology of the Halo installation, but 343 GS couldn't identify it, so that can suggest it can be precursor (how they created the forerunners and humanity after all so their technology would be based on theirs?) related. Either way, we know the Didact is very likely to be in Halo 4. [/spoiler]

Promotheans would outclass Master Chief. He'd look lame in comparison and be comparably feeble to the Didact or any Forerunner warrior. I can't see the Master Chief playing second class to any new characters.

The Didact may not be in Halo 4 at all. All we have are very thin theories and possible red herrings. Not to say the Didact won't have a role in setting the stage. I think at this point it's natural for us to assume so.

Unless it's depressed Engineers piloting bad-ass mecha, if any of the Covenant
are the main combat enemies for Halo 4 then I... am done with Halo. It would (superficially at least, if not completely) be the laziest and most boring thing 343I could do. It's such a bad decision I'm going to believe they're not only much smarter than that but much more passionate/creatively powered.

They absolutely can not do that, can they?

I agree about Innsurrectionists and fighting the rebellion, perhaps as ODSTs, could make for a great game. As for the larger fiction, there are more groups with their own interest at heart that there are opportunities to do cool things with the innies, but because there is so much to do, especially with whatever the enemies of the new trilogy turn out to be having to be the focus of the fiction.

We've fought the aliens of the Covenant for five/six games now. Each time with subtle twists and additions and subtractions to the formula but the overal idea of the typical Halo encounter has stayed relatively consistant through out the franchise.

I think it would be easy to throw out the Covenant aliens and start from scratch because then you wouldn't have the pressure of getting something wrong when making the change.

Just look at how the enemies have evolved with the sandbox over the franchise. Elites, Brutes, Skirmishers, weapons, vehicles. Every game changes things up enough for it to be fresh yet familar.

I think there's a strong chance that that we may see a higher ratio of new versus returning elements in terms of enemies this time around because it's the start of a new trilogy but I don't think they will throw the baby out with the bath water.

KuGsj.gif

Nice little list.

A) Adaptive? I don't think you even understand the meaning of the term. The Covenant had a very poor understanding of Forerunner technology due to the overly zealous and dogmatic stance they took by revereing the Forerunners as gods. Forerunner technology was a gift to be used, not understood and it's uses and applications had to follow specific rituals and bullshit rules in accordance to the religion. There was never any true and proper scitific study of the underlying technology and principals, at least not to the extent and standards that we today measure these things by.

If the technology could be copied it was copied. If it broke, an Engineer would try to fix it. Eventually all Covenant client species abandoned their own scientific developments for reliance and dependance on this poorly understood and hastily copied Forerunner technology.

The truth is the Covenant was shit at copying Forerunner technology but it's like comparing Apple next high-end product with a cheap chinese Happy Meal toy. The Covenant also didn't have much Covenant technology either as they were always looking for more and we know they missed out on finding some really important Forerunner technology, such as the Haloes, until we came along.

If the Covenant was able to truely adapt Forerunner technology like some kind of Halo Borg, then Humanity would have fucked. The Human-Covenant war would have lasted seconds, not days. The Covenant would have ascended to the tecnologically superior heights of the Forerunners and dominated the galaxy briefly before reactivating the Haloes and killing everything again.

B) Tell me more. I obviously don't follow Halo. =)

C) The main threat of Halo 1, 2, and 3 was the Flood, yet we fought the Covenant most of the time. The Covies didn't look like the Flood (much!).

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
What? The Forerunner technology destroyed between the events of Halo and Halo 3 are all weapons of mass destruction or facilities designed to operated in combative situation. The Flood returned and some things got destroyed. It happens. The Haloes and the Ark weren't some creative artistic expressions of passion, they were tools designed to blow shit up and kill.

The arc was most likely the Liberians's "jewel of the crown" as it were, where everything she was working on was related to the Arc and Halo relays. Sure they are weapons of mass destruction but they did serve a purpose against the flood, and all of it should host a emotional bond with the Didact in some form, from what I am guessing. He's going to be pissed on what the reclaimers have done, especially when she gave her life for them (by what the terminals say in Halo 3) when she stayed on Earth and not with the didact. I guess it's down to what we presume with the nature how the forerunners react, but I am sticking to them being not happy with the humans for what they have done in the past (and if their ancestors did kill of their creators; the precursors, then they do have a more darker savage side in a way). He was specialised in hunting humans so you can see why I am going more on the aggressive side he will go, if they are in Halo 4.

Promotheans would outclass Master Chief. He'd look lame in comparison and be comparably feeble to the Didact or any Forerunner warrior. I can't see the Master Chief playing second class to any new characters.

The Didact may not be in Halo 4 at all. All we have are very thin theories and possible red herrings. Not to say the Didact won't have a role in setting the stage. I think at this point it's natural for us to assume so.

We don't know what current state the Promotheans will be in, in Halo 4, and how strong their technology/equipment will go against the Master Chief. Sure they are by far more advanced, but it doesn't mean that in combat they are invincible and can't be defeated by human weapons. The portrayal of the flood killing their warrior class in legends is an example of that.

I get the impression that 343 wants to add a whole lot more in the mix of Halo's sandbox, with enemies, weapons, and so fourth, than keep "polishing the old" as it were, when you listen to their statements in the Halo fest presentation. I think the main new enemy is not going to be covenant at all ("neo covenant" could be a side enemy of course, and the same for other enemies from the past) but forerunners/whatever the pre cursor is doing, as this is the "reclaimer" trilogy :) I am sure we can agree that it's going to be very dark times ahead for humanity, considering the huge damage that already has been done and humanity can be a potential "cold war" era with the other alien races.

Having trouble getting the "All According to Plan..." achievement. I've cleared out the first area successfully four times now and the achievement refuses to pop up for me.

Having trouble getting the "All According to Plan..." achievement. I've cleared out the first area successfully four times now and the achievement refuses to pop up for me.

I had some problems too yesterday. Are you playing on easy? I was doing it on easy the whole time and I didn't get it but when I switched to normal, I got it after one try. And you have to be certain you kill verything, I always missed some sleeping grunts.

Tip, do it in classic mode.

Have you killed the sleeping grunts at the bottom of the cliff side at the far end?

I had some problems too yesterday. Are you playing on easy? I was doing it on easy the whole time and I didn't get it but when I switched to normal, I got it after one try. And you have to be certain you kill verything, I always missed some sleeping grunts.
Was trying it on easy, then switch to Heroic. Still didn't get it.
Tip, do it in classic mode.

Have you killed the sleeping grunts at the bottom of the cliff side at the far end?
Always check there. Sometimes he doesn't spawn. :/

We've fought the aliens of the Covenant for five/six games now. Each time with subtle twists and additions and subtractions to the formula but the overal idea of the typical Halo encounter has stayed relatively consistant through out the franchise.

I think it would be easy to throw out the Covenant aliens and start from scratch because then you wouldn't have the pressure of getting something wrong when making the change.

Just look at how the enemies have evolved with the sandbox over the franchise. Elites, Brutes, Skirmishers, weapons, vehicles. Every game changes things up enough for it to be fresh yet familar.

I think there's a strong chance that that we may see a higher ratio of new versus returning elements in terms of enemies this time around because it's the start of a new trilogy but I don't think they will throw the baby out with the bath water.
1) Completely agree that at least in his current state (and likely a few armour changes would not be enough in a rise of power) that the Chief is far less than the Didact, and probably less that the Precursors (given that we know jack about them). That's a very good point that should be raised.
2) Your post earlier implied a variant of Covies would be the main obstacle of 4 =P, so that seems like a bit of a backtrack.
I certainly think we'll fight covies eventually, as a distraction/break at certain points in the trilogy, it would arguably be a waste otherwise.

Was trying it on easy, then switch to Heroic. Still didn't get it.

Always check there. Sometimes he doesn't spawn. :/
How far are you staying back? You know you don't need to go onto the ledge pretty much at all. Just stay back around the side and you have l.o.s. for most of the enemies, they'll wander across and back over 10 minutes.

FyreWulff

We got Halo 1'd last night.

I nab the banshee off the bridge, escape to the Madrigal egg ledge, and let my buddy spawn. Give him banshee so his achievement pops. I take it back and proceed to fly back down to take care of the wraiths/etc on the bottom of the canyon. He's standing on the Madrigal ledge still.

The wraith somehow gets an awesome shot on me and I explode and immediately respawn on the ledge.

*Checkpoint*

fuuuuuuuuuuuu

We got Halo 1'd last night.

I nab the banshee off the bridge, escape to the Madrigal egg ledge, and let my buddy spawn. Give him banshee so his achievement pops. I take it back and proceed to fly back down to take care of the wraiths/etc on the bottom of the canyon. He's standing on the Madrigal ledge still.

The wraith somehow gets an awesome shot on me and I explode and immediately respawn on the ledge.

*Checkpoint*

fuuuuuuuuuuuu

fully halo 1'd there, lol

Worst checkpoint I have had in this release so far is a checkpoint while being gangbanged by a shit load of flood, was alright.

Just got past the Library, playing on Heroic.

Just as I remembered, I had an absolute blast. Screw the haters. Once you grab the shotgun, the crowd control gameplay gets fun as hell. The lovely new particle effects make it pretty to look at, too.

However, it's pretty depressing to play this game and see how the modern shooter has regressed design-wise. Aside from the repetitive geometry, this title easily stand toe-to-toe with anything as the best modern shooter out there.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Just had to pause the game and post this because I feel confident in saying that this is probably the best remastered job I have seen to date. Even the little features added to this game are a blast (it's fun giving the little commands via kinect control) and it's crazy to think that this is probably going to the best game I have played this year, in regards to game play. Combat evolved still has that magic when playing. Bravo, 343/Saber, this game is still a package of loved crammed for us <3

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
2) Your post earlier implied a variant of Covies would be the main obstacle of 4 =P, so that seems like a bit of a backtrack.
I certainly think we'll fight covies eventually, as a distraction/break at certain points in the trilogy, it would arguably be a waste otherwise.

I'm still saying that we'll be fighting covies as the main enemy type in Halo 4. No backtracking at all, that still where I stand right now.

Still think the information drip, rather than the tease dip, should be hooked up to our veins at this point. Hope we get something this year - it's annoying to have more theories and speculation than concrete information.

And ending this derail here. Keep mistaking this thread for the Reach OT7.

John will clearly get to wear a Forerunner suit in Halo 4. I mean, I hope so.

I'm still saying that we'll be fighting covies as the main enemy type in Halo 4. No backtracking at all, that still where I stand right now.

Nah,I don't believe it.

scarybore

A lot of the completion times... are very off. Interesting bug, because at least 3 of them look fine.

Yeah my times are a bit weird too. I think the game records at what time you start a level and then what time you finish it, rather than how much time you have spent playing the level as I unlocked Keyes last night and finished it today, but I sure as hell haven't played it for 15 hours. :p

Either way, finally finished the game and enjoyed it despite the technical problems. Terminals are great and I like the job they did with the achievements. Unlocking Tying Up Loose Ends was damn satisfying, I usually run through most of Keyes but searching out the Elites (and there are a hell of a lot of them) was great fun. Probably should have done it on Heroic instead of Legendary though, had to resort to using a needler and a plasma pistol in the final room.

ElRenoRaven

So finally finished on Legendary just now and the Long Sword actually appears on the pad before you get up to it for the cutscene. It didn't before. Guess that small patch fixed more then the opening cutscene problems.

feel

you still don't have this? I'm so sorry.

Eh, impressions and reviews were shit. Passing until it hits $20.

No but really, videogames with guns are illegal here (venezuela), so it takes like 10-15 days for my US bought games to get here through a courier service that won't make a fuss about it. I usually have a friend or another crazy enough to fly to the US just to pick up a new Halo game on release day and smuggle it in, but not this time because it's a minor release.

edit- Frankie, just in case, I will be needing my halo 4 copy shipped 2 weeks in advance so I can play at the same time as the others, thanks

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Anyone find that the disc still spins for 5 minutes after loading even if you've installed the game?

Eh, impressions and reviews were shit. Passing until it hits $20.

No but really, videogames with guns are illegal here (venezuela), so it takes like 10-15 days for my US bought games to get here through a courier service that won't make a fuss about it. I usually have a friend or another crazy enough to fly to the US just to pick up a new Halo game on release day and smuggle it in, but not this time because it's a minor release.

edit- Frankie, just in case, I will be needing my halo 4 copy shipped 2 weeks in advance so I can play at the same time as the others, thanks
Why not flying to Seattle for the Halo 4 Launch?

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
My game is at the local USPS office (as in literally about a fourth of a mile down the road) but I'm not estimated to receive it until the 22nd. I'm thinking a daring, drunken raid on their warehouse may be in order...

Homeboyd

My game is at the local USPS office (as in literally about a fourth of a mile down the road) but I'm not estimated to receive it until the 22nd. I'm thinking a daring, drunken raid on their warehouse may be in order...

Ha.. I await the security cam pics.

That is some bullshit though.. can you not go pick it up?

Top Bottom