• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo announced for Xbox One, 60fps, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

netBuff

I was more talking about the used terms and how most of the more specific things make sense from a general technical standpoint.

I think most people on GAF that follow the tech wars threads could string together sentences that equally make sense - there's really nothing special there.

The goofiest part is the implication someone with access to Halo 4 alpha code would ALSO have a PS4 dev kit and can port to that. I don't see Sony just giving those to 343i or anyone owned by Microsoft.

That whole pastebin is so implausible as a whole that this isn't even the worst of it :D

Well, I've been shocked before. If someone told me the game was 60fps before the announcement I wouldn't have believed them.

I wouldn't surprised if at least a few of these features are in the game.

"Halo 2 reloaded. No loadouts, no armor abilites and perks..."

Yes, please.
Yeah, this is probably for the best.

Keep loadouts for campaign replayability and co-op. Multiplayer should put all players on equal footing, and allow 343 more room to make changes after release (like removing boltshots or making active camo a pickup, stuff like that.)
I hope this game is NOT going to be called Halo One...
Halone. Because he alone.

Somewhere, some 343 developer is reading this and thinking, "hope they don't get mad when all we do is remove orbital drops and slap a 5 on it lulz".

Gestault

Cloaks have and always will be "in" when it comes to fantasy.

Also, fashion.

il_fullxfull.446485910_t97s.jpg

Simply fabulous.

netBuff

Well, I've been shocked before. The game being 60fps was certainly a shocker. I wouldn't surprised if at least a few of these features are in the game.

That doesn't make this story any more believable or noteworthy - the fact that some features of a huge fan wishlist would be present in the real product is in no way special.

Unless i've got something wrong, this part kinda confirms it is fake:

The Player killed of the crew on the Scarab and well, thise time he doenst destroy the Core, he gets behind the wheel of the Scarav ;)

Scarabs aren't vehicles, they are alive/controlled by Lekgolo. They don't really have actual 'crew' and can't be controlled directly. At least that's what i thought, i might be wrong though.

R3TRODYCE

The goofiest part is the implication someone with access to Halo 4 alpha code would ALSO have a PS4 dev kit and can port to that. I don't see Sony just giving those to 343i or anyone owned by Microsoft.

I was pondering this too.

That doesn't make this story any more believable or noteworthy - the fact that some features of a huge fan wishlist would be present in the real product is in no way special.

I didn't say it makes it more believable, just that I wouldn't be that surprised if at least a couple of these things end up in the final game.

Scarabs aren't vehicles, they are alive/controlled by Lekgolo. They don't really have actual 'crew' and can't be controlled directly. At least that's what i thought, i might be wrong though.
Reach was supposed to have a level where you drive a scarab through the city, but it got scrapped.

You also used to be able to jump on the back of Hunters and rip their worms out by hand or chuck a grenade in there too.

Open worldish Halo gives me goosebumps. ODST was a nice first step, but it wasn't fleshed out enough. You never really felt hunted.

Gui_PT

They're piloted by Elites and Sgt. Johnson in Halo 2

Orayn

Leak sound outlandish to say the least, but certain parts of it sound extremely enticing.

Sorry to interrupt guysBUT WHY THE HELL IS HE WEARING A CLOAK OVER A POWER SUIT!?

Maybe it's all messed up and not providing proper climate control or environmental protection any more? I dunno.

EvB

The cloak he wears makes me laugh, I imagine that he has to remove his head like a Lego figure in order to put it on

halo%20dude-580-75.jpg

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Pastebin Halo Xbox One "leak" - most probably fake but I wanted it to share...
http://pastebin.com/qW6LVdFx

Again, it's pastebin, so take it with a truckload of salt.

This stuff here...

Xbox One hardware is really powerful, though as many have stated not as powerful as Sony's machine. Nevertheless the team does have the goal to create one of the best looking titles next year. People are seriously overstating the power difference and underestimate the potential of the eSRAM (yes, it was included for bandwidth reasons, but the low latency does increase efficiencs in real world perfomance, if the eSRAM is used in smart way. I basically got the same code, with some optimization with the eSRAM running only 20% worse on Xbox Oen than on a PS4-Devkit from January.

Reads reads like some fanboy wrote it. "People are overestimating the power difference and underestimating the eSRAM". Come on, that reads like desperation to me.

Unless this is coming to PS4, who ever wrote this is clearly making an Xbone exclusive Halo.

Pastebin immediately had me almost sighing.

model13

If this is somehow true, I think it would be in MS best interest to announce this prior to the console launches. This would make X1 inescapable for me.

JdFoX187

Banned
I know that is fake -- because it's essentially everything I'd want in a Halo game. Fuck, just give me Halo 2 Anniversary with working MP, and I'll buy an Xbone.

Eusis

That whole pastebin is so implausible as a whole that this isn't even the worst of it :D
True, the cloud bit is probably the worst. WOW IT'S DOING 100S OF AIS AND RENDING LIGHTING AND CLOUDS ON CLOUDS, but don't worry it's all very very small.
Well, I've been shocked before. If someone told me the game was 60fps before the announcement I wouldn't have believed them.

I wouldn't surprised if at least a few of these features are in the game.
I dunno, CoD's been a huge influence (mostly for worse) on games as of late, but one of the things hardest to take advantage of mid-generation was hitting 60 FPS while still looking as great as before. A new generation probably gives an excuse to many other publishers to finally run with one of the things that helped CoD feel as good as it does, 60 FPS, or at least use it more frequently than this generation.

This is literally true in the way it was presented, but he is hiding from something else too.

Had a feeling that's what it was. Some possibilities are probably if he's indeed gone rogue to evade humanity, or the obvious reason being to avoid being spotted by the Didact/Prometheans.

Arnie

Imagine Armour Abilities and instant respawns in 60 frames per second.

It'll be like playing Modern Warfare, only with battle rifles, or whatever weapon you choose to include in your custom loadout.

'60fps Halo' doesn't mean what it did six years ago. On paper I'm excited, in reality I'll no doubt be disappointed.

How do u kno which versions they're going to use in this already confirmed fake version of the game

The Halo 2 version of a Scarab was more likely a mining version, not one intended for actual battle. They could be using that version, i suppose. I would very much like the rumour to be true but it seems there's just too many awesome sounding things to be likely.

Gui_PT

The Halo 2 version of a Scarab was more likely a mining version, not one intended for actual battle. They could be using that version, i suppose. I would very like the rumour to be true but it seems there's just too many awesome sounding things to be likely.

ees fake, si

Doodis

Rogue as a term turned me off. But if he was in some way searching ancient sites for a "fix" for Cortona...that could be a VERY interesting story and would explain his break from the military...at least for that game.

But I don't believe it.
He's searching for Mama Halsey. Believe.

Ha nope. First Xbone title for them and it will be 5 times longer than Halo 4? Massive open world with multiple planets to explore? Pushing for 60fps on a new console?

Not enough time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom