• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo announced for Xbox One, 60fps, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proelite

Here's what I heard about Halo 5. Completely real.

You can pilot a mantis. The mantis can be used to board and control a scarab. The scarab allows you to interface with a War Sphinx. The war sphinx allows you to control a forerunner dreadnought. The forerunner dreadnought is the key to piloting a Halo. The Halo can be docked with a shield world.

Arnie

Here's what I heard about Halo 5. Completely real.

You can pilot a mantis. The mantis can be used to board and control a scarab. The scarab allows you to interface with a War Sphinx. The war sphinx allows you to control a forerunner dreadnought. The forerunner dreadnought is the key to piloting a Halo. The Halo can be docked with a shield world. And then there's a QTE to finish the game.

Fixed that to include the information from my source.

Damnit why do people post these pastebin shite that gets me all hyped. It's such bullshit I know but somehow I want to believe. The splitting of multiplayer to a serious classic mode versus infinity slayer seems like a great idea but I just can't see them having maps designed with armor abilities in mind and some without. I can't see them splitting their users either. It would be awesome to see the the classic halo triple the infinity slayers population.

Proelite

Stinkles already more or less shot it down. Nevermind that at the least the cloud bit sounds straight up impossible.

Always online sounds like the most realistic part of that article. If it had mentioned gameplay introductions that attracts people unfamiliar with Halo the piece would have be 100% legit. Am I right haters.

i4ryp09N61WNm.gif

You just have to believe.

HoodWinked

Deferred Shading will finally be implemented, Halo 4 was really sparse on terms of dynamic lights, a drawback of havin to use a traditional forward renderer. G-Buffer will consist of 4 MRTs. The entire pipeline is HDR and linear space. Those Render Targets will probably be stored in the eSRAM or split between the two pools, depending on perfomance.

This is the part that makes it seem like the person isnt complete BS.

32 MB eSRAM is 33554432 Bytes

1920x1080 = 2073600 pixels
16 bytes per pixel

so two render targets would be 16bytes.

if its 1280x720 they could do 8 render targets at the same time.

i dont know how would people feel at 60fps @ 1280x720.

Edit: lol helps if i read the whole thing says 1920x720 which would 1382400 pixels 24 bytes per pixel

Proelite

Anyways Halo Effect sounds like the logical direction for the series. Looking forward to the dialogues and romance options.

EvB

A subtle hint perhaps?

Polygon Tomorrow said:
Just last Month Hideo Kojima announced to a universal outcry of outrage that Keifer Sutherland would be performing as Snake in Metal Gear Solid 5.... now Microsoft Halo Masters Studio 343i are ditching the Master Chief voice Actor Steve Downes in favour of A grade hollywood talent capable of delivering the demanding physical presence and random outbursts of scatting that beloved Icon Master Chief has become synonymous with over the last decade.

Jack Black will be taking up the role of John 117

2mv.png

Since the end of Halo 4, Master Chief has left gone off on his own, trying to track down the missing Promethean Technology required to restore his lost companion Cortana.
"In Halo 4 we very much tried to show that Master Chief has a more human side, despite being a product of a lifetime of military conditioning" Says
Halo Franchise Development Manager Frank O'Connor.

"In Halo 5 we wanted to show an even more Human side, thanks to the power of Xbox One and the Cloud we are going to be able to deliver an even more involving look into Master Chief's psyche." Frank said with a weary look in his face. "We approached Jack Black just after the release of Halo 4, when we realised that we could literally do nothing right to please any single person in the Halo 'community'.Those Fannies"

"Jack will be able to deliver a new side of Master Chief that we haven't ever been able to comprehensively represent before and thanks to the power of the cloud, we are able to realistically render each and every hair in his eyebrow and beard, that's right, you will see Master Chief's face for the first time in Halo 5."

"We've seen how player's don't like to die and are chasing the kill death Ratio, so we've actually done away with all the modes where you could actually get killed and replaced them all with modes where all players cannot die, preserving their kill death ratio, we believe this will go down well with all the pish heads who like "defend" in capture the flag games"

"To make the game more accessible for new players, we are using the Snap and Switching of Xbox One to simply send all new players into a game of "Words with Friends". Our great team has reworked the words with friends engine FROM THE GROUND UP and is now fully customised with a Halo Universe Dictionary including all the profanities you will probably be sent in messages should you ever win against someone"

We tried to contact Mr. Black for comment to which he responded

"Skibbidy bibbidy Skibbidy Waaaaow ooooh ooooo OOOOOO"

A subtle hint perhaps?
When the fantasy has ended
And all the children are gone
Something good inside me,
Helps me to carry on!

I ate some bugs,
I ate some grass,
I used my hand,
To wipe my tears

To kiss your mouth
I break my vow
No no no, no no, no WAY JOHN
Unless you want to
Then we break our vows together

Cortan-haaaaaaaa
Cortana-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-ha
Cortana
*Diduliduliluli!*
Cortan-ah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha

EvB

When the fantasy has ended
And all the children are gone
Something good inside me,
Helps me to carry on!

I ate some bugs,
I ate some grass,
I used my hand,
To wipe my tears

To kiss your mouth
I break my vow
No no no, no no, no WAY JOHN
Unless you want to
Then we break our vows together

Cortan-haaaaaaaa
Cortana-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-ha
Cortana
*Diduliduliluli!*
Cortan-ah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha

"Microsoft Research have been working hard to create Cloud Powered procedurally generated Halo themed Jack Black scatting, during the testing phase Corrine Yu nearly went insane and killed the Studio's Pet Parrot whom we all affectionately referred to as 'Allard'"

dEvAnGeL

this will be the only reason i would get an xbone, if the game is good of course, none of that halo 4 AI romance, halo 4 was crap, at least on the SP department

Eusis

I bet it will be better looking then KZ:shadowfall to.
Killzone 2 really is one of the best games I've seen this generation, and Shadowfall looks to fix my personal art grievances. It's probably not going to be THAT far off, but I'll be amazed if it really does look better than Shadowfall.

So far most of MS first party games are running at 60 FPS!

Forza 5
Killer Instincts
Halo 5

anything else am I missing ? Quantum Theory will probably run at 30 FPS

I feel there is room for both H3 type multiplayer and H4 type multiplayer.

There should be multiple "classic" playlists with no armor abilities, loadouts, or sprinting. Also have playlists with all that stuff. Combine that with very improved visuals at 60fps, we got us a show.

60fps AND higher quality visuals than Killzone Shadowfall?

Dream on. Development is all about choices - give and take. Killzone is choosing to max the visuals at 30fps, Halone/Halo 5 is choosing 60fps.

Campaign is planned to be 3-5 times longer than Halo 4. No more linear , going open world.
Master Chief has gone rogue

Buzzer number one.

more Halo Wars vehicles like rhino, wolverine, cobra, hornets, falcons, vultures

Right there is where the loudest buzzer went off in my head. They're not likely going to be digging into Halo Wars for vehicles. Sounds like fan wank.

Halo Wararena ist basically Halo 2 reloaded.

Third buzzer. Major fank wank. Three strikes, you're out.

Dream on. Development is all about choices - give and take. Killzone is choosing to max the visuals at 30fps, Halone/Halo 5 is choosing 60fps.

are you serious? A late 2014 game will look worse than a 2013 launch game?

My god, this cloak shit...

A) It's probably camouflage
B) It's probably camouflage
C) Who gives a shit, it looked cool in the context of holding back on revealing the Chief
D) It's probably camouflage

This is the part that makes it seem like the person isnt complete BS.

32 MB eSRAM is 33554432 Bytes

1920x1080 = 2073600 pixels
16 bytes per pixel

so two render targets would be 16bytes.

if its 1280x720 they could do 4 render targets at the same time.

i dont know how would people feel at 60fps @ 1280x720.

Or they could go forward plus like the AMD LEO demo and dirt 3 if im not mistaken.

velociraptor

If Halo renders at 1920x720, then I think it can look better than KZSF.

That's a huge drop in the number of pixels that need to be rendered by the GPU.

Of course, lower resolution will mean a poorer IQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom