• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo:CE Anniversary Announced (MS Conf, Nov 15th 2011, $40)

Striker

TacticalFox88 said:
Is till think it's fucking retarded that you show up on radar NO MATTER what. Stealth is practically impossible. It takes way too long to kill a guy. I'm not advocating COD health levels, but Jesus. Why sprint is an "ability" and not a standard feature I'll never know. Otherwise you move way to fucking slow.
You don't show up on motion tracker if you're crouched or standing still. The way they changed the elevation levels bugged people. I don't mind it to a degree, but it isn't a big deal breaker.

Sprint shouldn't be default because we shouldn't be walking this slow in the first place. The default speeds in Halo 1/2 were perfectly fine.

sp3000

TacticalFox88 said:
Is till think it's fucking retarded that you show up on radar NO MATTER what. Stealth is practically impossible. It takes way too long to kill a guy. I'm not advocating COD health levels, but Jesus. Why sprint is an "ability" and not a standard feature I'll never know. Otherwise you move way to fucking slow.

I would prefer they removed sprint and just increased walking speed. For some reason movement speed has been going downhill every single game.

And yeah, stealth has been nerfed to the point where it's useless. You used to be able to take flags and run away in time but now that everyone's radar lights up it's so obvious that someone is going for flag. That is why almost all of the games result in 0-0 in multi flag CTF unless the teams are imbalanced.

TacticalFox88 said:

Strange.. stop moving, or walk while crouching and you don't show up on radar... I use "stealth" quite often in Reach.

And there are multiple ways of killing people fairly fast.. grenades.. plasma blast + one shot.. melee from behind.. sword.. shotgun.. rocket launcher.

And a skilled player can take someone out pretty quick with the DMR or the needle rifle. Especially if you've lightened their shields with a nice frag grenade.

And I don't personally find the armor abilities as unbalanced as you guys do. I use them all at various times. And they are all available to everybody.. if someone is using one of them highly effectively you have to change tactics. Armor Lock is probably the only one with some balance issues.. but you can also own the crap out of an armor locker with the right weapons/grenades/timing.

That sucks that you guys dislike the game.. but there are many who enjoy it.. and many of the "problems" you guys see are just a personal opinion of a feature.

Striker said:
You don't show up on motion tracker if you're crouched or standing still. The way they changed the elevation levels bugged people. I don't mind it to a degree, but it isn't a big deal breaker.

Sprint shouldn't be default because we shouldn't be walking this slow in the first place. The default speeds in Halo 1/2 were perfectly fine.
exactly this. man I might have to go back to Halo 3

TacticalFox88 said:
Go play COD and keep your grubby hands off my Halo.

nVidiot_Whore said:
Strange.. stop moving, or walk while crouching and you don't show up on radar... I use "stealth" quite often in Reach.

And there are multiple ways of killing people fairly fast.. grenades.. plasma blast + one shot.. melee from behind.. sword.. shotgun.. rocket launcher.

And a skilled player can take someone out pretty quick with the DMR or the needle rifle. Especially if you've lightened their shields with a nice frag grenade.

And I don't personally find the armor abilities as unbalanced as you guys do. I use them all at various times. And they are all available to everybody.. if someone is using one of them highly effectively you have to change tactics. Armor Lock is probably the only one with some balance issues.. but you can also own the crap out of an armor locker with the right weapons/grenades/timing.

That sucks that you guys dislike the game.. but there are many who enjoy it.. and many of the "problems" you guys see are just a personal opinion of a feature.
grenades are completely broken in reach, as are melees

nVidiot_Whore said:
I have no issues with grenades or melee... how are they "broken"?
compared to other halo games, they have way too much damage, too much range, and don't bounce well. you can't avoid them (which I guess movement speed has an equal share in ruining). grenades used to be able to be used more tactically, bouncing them better around corners and off walls and such. They weren't over powered to the point where one DMR shot and a grenade is a kill, and pressing L just before you die almost guarantees a kill.

as for melees, all you have to do is sprint up to someone and hit melee twice. they don't stand a chance.

edit addition: all of this contributes to grenades and melee overshadowing the guns part of the guns-grenades-melee thing that Bungie advocated, you really don't have to use guns much to be effective.

sp3000

nVidiot_Whore said:

DMR is not really stronger than BR. It's essentially a 5 hit kill sniper rifle. The problem is not every shot hits unless your aimbotting, so fights drag on and the 3 shot burst worked much better for Halo.

Remember the Halo 2 trailer where you could choose between 1 shot and 3 shot burst, I don't know why they got rid of that.

Armor Lock is totally unbalanced and that fact that Bungie realized this and just removes it from playlists is hilarious.

thezerofire said:
compared to other halo games, they have way too much damage, too much range, and don't bounce well. you can't avoid them (which I guess movement speed has an equal share in ruining). grenades used to be able to be used more tactically, bouncing them better around corners and off walls and such. They weren't over powered to the point where one DMR shot and a grenade is a kill, and pressing L just before you die almost guarantees a kill.

So you don't like the way they were implemented?

That's not "broken."

But my experience hasn't matched yours at all anyways.. pressing L before a death almost guarantees a kill? What? And I thought this discussion was about how difficult it was to kill people, not how easy?

as for melees, all you have to do is sprint up to someone and hit melee twice. they don't stand a chance.

edit addition: all of this contributes to grenades and melee overshadowing the guns part of the guns-grenades-melee thing that Bungie advocated, you really don't have to use guns much to be effective.

OK, so you think melee is overpowered.. it's pretty rare that I get myself meleed personally.. certainly not often with someone just sprinting up to me and hitting me twice.

I don't know what else to say.. my experience honestly doesn't mirror yours. I am often "tactically" using grenades.. don't get meleed randomly often at all, etc.

All of those things are just gameplay balance issues.. melee and grenades are more powerful, but they also provide you with defensive abilities like sprint, armor lock, or jet pack.

If that's not fun for you, that sucks.. but using language like "broken" for features that work as intended isn't constructive.

sp3000 said:
Other idiotic things. DMR is just not a fun weapon to use. I wouldn't mind it so much if every other game wasn't Slayer DMRs. Sometimes I feel like there is only 1 weapon in the game.

Did you really just imply that AR start is better than DMR start?

sp3000 said:
DMR is not really stronger than BR. It's essentially a 5 hit kill sniper rifle. The problem is not every shot hits unless your aimbotting, so fights drag on and the 3 shot burst worked much better for Halo.

I quite often 5 shot kill people with a DMR.. no aimbotting here. But yeah, it's underpowered compared to the BR.. so you want a more powerful weapon... that's cool.. I like how it is.. and it's the same for everyone.

I manage to get TONS of kills with the DMR, use it all the time.

Armor Lock is totally unbalanced and that fact that Bungie realized this and just removes it from playlists is hilarious.

It's not in some playlists because those playlists are different.. you want the same experience with every playlist?

WTF? And ANYONE can choose armor lock at any time.. it's not something "found" on the map, it's something you pick from a menu.

And I rarely personally use it.. and regularly dominate people using Armor Lock. Sure.. occasionally someone repeatedly owns me with armor lock skills.. but that's usually because I'm refusing to change my tactics.

My biggest complaint about Reach is I wish "Slayer Pro" removed the "power weapons" from the map.. I don't mind them so much on regular slayer, but playing slayer Pro in the middle of an awesome battle and soemone walks up with the rocket launcher just doesn't feel very "pro."

sp3000

The Real Napsta said:
Did you really just imply that AR start is better than DMR start?

Yeah, I did. Most playlists had a majority of AR starts when Reach was released until Bungie got infatuated with the idea of making DMR a primary weapon.

nVidiot_Whore said:
It's not in some playlists because those playlists are different.. you want the same experience with every playlist?

WTF? And ANYONE can choose armor lock at any time.. it's not something "found" on the map, it's something you pick from a menu.

And I rarely personally use it.. and regularly dominate people using Armor Lock. Sure.. occasionally someone repeatedly owns me with armor lock skills.. but that's usually because I'm refusing to change my tactics.

My biggest complaint about Reach is I wish "Slayer Pro" removed the "power weapons" from the map.. I don't mind them so much on regular slayer, but playing slayer Pro in the middle of an awesome battle and soemone walks up with the rocket launcher just doesn't feel very "pro."

It's in very few playlists at this point. Bungie has essentially admitted that it was overpowered and therefore had nearly removed it from the game. It shows up rarely in Team Slayer, and it used to be ubiquitous.

nVidiot_Whore said:
So you don't like the way they were implemented?

That's not "broken."

But my experience hasn't matched yours at all anyways.. pressing L before a death almost guarantees a kill? What? And I thought this discussion was about how difficult it was to kill people, not how easy?

OK, so you think melee is overpowered.. it's pretty rare that I get myself meleed personally.. certainly not often with someone just sprinting up to me and hitting me twice.

I don't know what else to say.. my experience honestly doesn't mirror yours. I am often "tactically" using grenades.. don't get meleed randomly often at all, etc.

All of those things are just gameplay balance issues.. melee and grenades are more powerful, but they also provide you with defensive abilities like sprint, armor lock, or jet pack.

If that's not fun for you, that sucks.. but using language like "broken" for features that work as intended isn't constructive.
I wouldn't say turning around and running away is a very effective defensive strategy. The other person will almost always kill you before you do. Armor lock is just plain un-fun, dramatically slowing down gameplay. Halo used to be a fast-paced game.

just in curiosity, can I see your gamertag to compare our experiences? It would be interesting if we'd seen much different ways the game plays.

thezerofire said:
I wouldn't say turning around and running away is a very effective defensive strategy. The other person will almost always kill you before you do. Armor lock is just plain un-fun, dramatically slowing down gameplay. Halo used to be a fast-paced game.

just in curiosity, can I see your gamertag to compare our experiences? It would be interesting if we'd seen much different ways the game plays.

Well.. I quite often run away successfully from a fight.. not that it takes "running away" to combat something like someone trying to melee you. I've had some awesome "melee battles" with myself and another player spinning around strafing trying to get in a head shot or a melee. But I am also a defensive player in general.. I keep to the outskirts of the map, looking in.. stay out of small rooms that are easy to grenade spam, etc.

My current gamertag with most of my Reach experience is "a tiny zygote" if you want to check it out. It's a shared gamertag, both myself and my girlfriend play with it.. mostly Team Slayer. Her games represent about 60% of the games played since she plays while I'm at work sometimes and we otherwise trade off.

We are both a little streaky.. lol.

Armor Lock? I don't use it often myself.. and it can be annoying at times.. but that's only if I'm stuck on a crappy team that doesn't know how to play against armor lockers.

nVidiot_Whore said:
Well.. I quite often run away successfully from a fight.. not that it takes "running away" to combat something like someone trying to melee you. I've had some awesome "melee battles" with myself and another player spinning around strafing trying to get in a head shot or a melee. But I am also a defensive player in general.. I keep to the outskirts of the map, looking in.. stay out of small rooms that are easy to grenade spam, etc.

My current gamertag with most of my Reach experience is "a tiny zygote" if you want to check it out. It's a shared gamertag, both myself and my girlfriend play with it.. mostly Team Slayer. Her games represent about 60% of the games played since she plays while I'm at work sometimes and we otherwise trade off.

We are both a little streaky.. lol.

Armor Lock? I don't use it often myself.. and it can be annoying at times.. but that's only if I'm stuck on a crappy team that doesn't know how to play against armor lockers.
anything from halo 3?

and from what I can see it doesn't look too different, but I just find it pretty dull.

thezerofire said:
anything from halo 3?

and from what I can see it doesn't look too different, but I just find it pretty dull.

I didn't play much Halo 3 myself... my girlfriend played it a lot.. but her gamertag for some reason doesn't show up, probably because she changed it. She likes both games.

JdFoX187

Banned
There is so much wrong with everything sp3000 is saying. Don't even know where to begin with it all. I will simply say assault rifle starts are absolutely terrible because the game turns into a spray and pray fest. The only time I would condone them is on small maps like Reflection, and perhaps Zealot. DMR starts are better in almost every way.

thezerofire said:

so a grenade almost killing you it overpowered? it makes sense to me.

I personally think all the weapons would be way better without bloom, but that's just me. They all shoot better if you crouch, and I like moving around in my halo games

FateBreaker said:
so a grenade almost killing you it overpowered? it makes sense to me.
to the extent where they're almost unavoidable and compared to previous halos yes.

JdFoX187

Banned
I'm not a fan of bloom due to its randomness. Seriously, how do you complete ape Shadowrun and then fuck it up so bad with bloom? The combat rifle in that game, which is essentially the DMR, didn't feel near as random as the DMR or needler rifle in Reach.

But without bloom, with the quick fire rate of the pistol, DMR needler rifle, it would be pointless to pick up any other weapon. They would have to rebalance the whole sandbox to compensate.

thezerofire said:
I personally think all the weapons would be way better without bloom, but that's just me. They all shoot better if you crouch, and I like moving around in my halo games

to the extent where they're almost unavoidable and compared to previous halos yes.

How is it unavoidable? I avoid it all the time. Jump+jetpack, armor lock, run--any of these will get you out of there.

FateBreaker said:
How is it unavoidable? I avoid it all the time. Jump+jetpack, armor lock, run--any of these will get you out of there.
personally, jetpacks ruin the flow of maps. There's no point in strategic positioning. Armor lock just makes kill times really slow, a "press button to not die" option, both of which I think ruin what has made Halo fun. Running is your only real option, but the movement speed is so slow you can't really get away from a well-placed grenade without sprint.

Ramirez said:
ITT, people who are terrible at Halo try to give pro tips to others.

Terrible? Is that so?

thezerofire said:
personally, jetpacks ruin the flow of maps. There's no point in strategic positioning. Armor lock just makes kill times really slow, a "press button to not die" option, both of which I think ruin what has made Halo fun. Running is your only real option, but the movement speed is so slow you can't really get away from a well-placed grenade without sprint.

I guess I see what you're saying, and I am not a fan of armor lock either. I was just saying...it's a grenade. If it only depleted half of your life, I think that'd be more questionable than having it nearly knock you entirely out.

Ramirez said:
Citing Jetpacks and Armor Lock as your main strategies to avoiding nades, probably.

Provide your GT, I'd love to be wrong.

No, I'm saying that if you select one of those abilities at the beginning of the game, then you may have a chance to dodge them. Of course, with armor lock, that can (and usually does) end disastrously since the other dude just times when it's going to go off.

But that's really cute that you're going to call me a terrible player while in a completely different discussion about the usage of grenades in Halo design-wise, not skill-wise.

Ramirez said:
Citing Jetpacks and Armor Lock as your main strategies to avoiding nades, probably.

Provide your GT, I'd love to be wrong.

What a constructive poster you are. People mentioned more than Jetpacks and Armor Lock.. but what pray tell are your strategies for avoiding grenades in Reach that are so different than the one's mentioned? Not that anyone was going into any depth anyways.. just mentioning how grenades are in fact avoidable.. I personally don't use armor lock much at all.. but Jet Pack? You going to tell me it isn't an effective defense against grenades in many scenarios? WTF?

Ramirez

Attack of the BKs

What a constructive poster you are. People mentioned more than Jetpacks and Armor Lock.. but what pray tell are your strategies for avoiding grenades in Reach that are so different than the one's mentioned?

There are no effective strategies, you move and jump in this game like kid Forrest Gump. Once a chain reaction of grenades starts going off, you're not going to escape it, and if you do, someone will be there to clean you up before your shields can recharge. (another thing that takes WAY too long compared to the older games)

Saying stuff like "well derp it's a grenade, it should kill you in one hit", that's not Halo. We're not playing CoD, nades in past games were used to set up one shot kills to the head, and they actually had to be well placed. Reach is an abomination to the Halo name, it shares just enough properties of past games that you can call it Halo, but I'm almost certain that nothing introduced in Reach will be carried over to 4. When I say that, I mean mainly AA's, bloom, nade power, and the melee system as a whole.

Ramirez said:
Attack of the BKs

There are no effective strategies, you move and jump in this game like kid Forrest Gump. Once a chain reaction of grenades starts going off, you're not going to escape it, and if you do, someone will be there to clean you up before your shields can recharge. (another thing that takes WAY too long compared to the older games)

Saying stuff like "well derp it's a grenade, it should kill you in one hit", that's not Halo. We're not playing CoD, nades in past games were used to set up one shot kills to the head, and they actually had to be well placed. Reach is an abomination to the Halo name, it shares just enough properties of past games that you can call it Halo, but I'm almost certain that nothing introduced in Reach will be carried over to 4. When I say that, I mean mainly AA's, bloom, nade power, and the melee system as a whole.

A wonderful post.

Ramirez said:
There are no effective strategies

That's interesting.. because I avoid being killed by grenades fairly regularly while playing the game. Somehow we are "terrible Halo players" because we've figured out how to avoid grenade deaths in Reach?

How ironic.

Here's my K/D:

Frags Frag Grenade - M9 HE-DP
Standard issue UNSC fragmentation grenade.
1,208 (10%)
781 (7%)
+427

Plasma Grenade - T1 AP-G
Highly explosive Covenant grenade with a dangerous adhesive property.
732 (6%)
447 (4%)
+285

So if they are so unavoidable.. how do I have a +700 or so on total grenade kills?

nVidiot_Whore said:
That's interesting.. because I avoid being killed by grenades fairly regularly while playing the game. Somehow we are "terrible Halo players" because we've figured out how to avoid grenade deaths in Reach?

How ironic.

Here's my K/D:

Frags Frag Grenade - M9 HE-DP
Standard issue UNSC fragmentation grenade.
1,208 (10%)
781 (7%)
+427

Plasma Grenade - T1 AP-G
Highly explosive Covenant grenade with a dangerous adhesive property.
732 (6%)
447 (4%)
+285
no, I think he's saying you've figured out how to be decent at Reach, but you don't really have much experience with previous halo games

and aren't you proving his point on the grenades?

thezerofire said:
no, I think he's saying you've figured out how to be decent at Reach, but you don't really have much experience with previous halo games

No, he said "ITT, people who are terrible at Halo try to give pro tips to others."

Excuse me, but if I"m not mistaken, Halo Reach is a Halo game.. currently the most popular to play online.. and I was giving tips on how to avoid grenade deaths.. my +700 k/d w/ grenades should indicate I'm not a "terrible Halo player" and that my tips might actually help someone.

And I didn't play much Halo 2 or 3 online.. which I myself have mentioned.. so not sure why he'd feel the need to point that out. This discussion is about Reach.

thezerofire said:
and aren't you proving his point on the grenades?

How does a +700 k/d with grenades prove his point?

Clearly I am pretty good at avoiding grenade deaths if I'm capable of killing that many more people with them than kill me.

nVidiot_Whore said:
No, he said "ITT, people who are terrible at Halo try to give pro tips to others."

Excuse me, but if I"m not mistaken, Halo Reach is a Halo game.. currently the most popular to play online.. and I was giving tips on how to avoid grenade deaths.. my +700 k/d w/ grenades should indicate I'm not a "terrible Halo player" and that my tips might actually help someone.

And I didn't play much Halo 2 or 3 online.. which I myself have mentioned.. so not sure why he'd feel the need to point that out. This discussion is about Reach.

How does a +700 k/d with grenades prove his point?

Clearly I am pretty good at avoiding grenade deaths if I'm capable of killing that many more people with them than kill me.
Halo Reach is a Halo game, but it does not mean you are good at Halo in general. almost none of the skills from Reach apply to the other games.

and the grenades means it's easy to get kills with them. being positive with them isn't that impressive, since there are so many terrible players. The point is that when you get matched up with good players they are much harder to avoid.

Okay, so I don't post on here very often, however I do play a shit tonne of Halo. I don't know anyone else who plays Halo and I only ever play with randoms online. For the sake of my own curiosity/sanity, what's the general consensus when it comes to armour lock in Reach? Personally I think it's the worst addition to a Halo game ever and I despise it with every facet of my being. Seriously, I hate it and I hate whoever thought for a single millisecond that it was a good addition to the Halo sandbox.

Everyone else thinks this too, right? Right?!

Tawpgun

I have a 700+ K/D with grenades also. Doesn't mean they aren't fucking annoying. Even Bungie knows this. They made Arena, the 4 v 4 competetive playlist... 1 grenade starts.

That point is so wrong its not even funny. The grenades have a massive radius, but the effect does trail off. But it STILL causes damage and thats the terrible thing. One little inkling of damage is all it takes. Not to mention Reach has long recharge times made even longer by the fact that the grenades won't let the shields recharge. They are the most powerful grenades in a Halo game since Halo 1. But do you know what the difference between these games is? You could dodge quicker and the grenades had a longer fuse.

Honestly, if you want to continue this discussion in the Halo Reach OT on the community side, please do so. But you would get absolutely destroyed by the long time Halo fans in there.

ChillWinston said:
Okay, so I don't post on here very often, however I do play a shit tonne of Halo. I don't know anyone else who plays Halo and I only ever play with randoms online. For the sake of my own curiosity/sanity, what's the general consensus when it comes to armour lock in Reach? Personally I think it's the worst addition to a Halo game ever and I despise it with every facet of my being. Seriously, I hate it and I hate whoever thought for a single millisecond that it was a good addition to the Halo sandbox.

Everyone else thinks this too, right? Right?!
I do. I think the same about all the AA's, actually.

Ramirez

nVidiot_Whore said:

The discussion is about how Reach completely destroyed everything that made Halo great, the grenades being one of these things. If you didn't play much 2/3, then obviously you have no clue what you're talking about when people are discussing how bad nades are in Reach compared to the old games.

Like Tawpgun said, if you want to have legitimate Halo discussion, there's an entire community in the online section full of all sorts of different skill levels who all pretty much agree with how subpar Reach MP is.

GhaleonEB

A27 Tawpgun said:
I have a 700+ K/D with grenades also. Doesn't mean they aren't fucking annoying. Even Bungie knows this. They made Arena, the 4 v 4 competetive playlist... 1 grenade starts.

That point is so wrong its not even funny. The grenades have a massive radius, but the effect does trail off. But it STILL causes damage and thats the terrible thing. One little inkling of damage is all it takes. Not to mention Reach has long recharge times made even longer by the fact that the grenades won't let the shields recharge. They are the most powerful grenades in a Halo game since Halo 1. But do you know what the difference between these games is? You could dodge quicker and the grenades had a longer fuse.

Honestly, if you want to continue this discussion in the Halo Reach OT on the community side, please do so. But you would get absolutely destroyed by the long time Halo fans in there.
To add to this, in Halo 2/3, you would use a frag grenade to strip shields and go for the headshot. It was a combo skilled players could pull off, but you had to get the throw and the timing just right. In Reach, you tag someone twice with a DMR/Magnum and then toss a frag in their general vicinity for the kill. When coupled with the lower jump height, movement speed and newfound player inertia (slowing direction changes), it's difficult to overstate the degree to which this changes combat for the worse.

I'm happy to carry on in the Reach OT, but I wanted to amplify that note since the conversation was going on here.
thezerofire said:
I'm pretty sure you only have to hit them once with a DMR or Magnum actually
Maybe so. Doesn't take much.

Striker

Ramirez said:
Like Tawpgun said, if you want to have legitimate Halo discussion, there's an entire community in the online section full of all sorts of different skill levels who all pretty much agree with how subpar Reach MP is.
You'll find about as many notable posters there as you would in Bungie's Optimatch thread. Yeah, you'll have some good ones who actually know what the core Halo MP is, and then there's some who find things like bubble shields and other gimmicks are what defines Halo.

GhaleonEB said:
To add to this, in Halo 2/3, you would use a frag grenade to strip shields and go for the headshot. It was a combo skilled players could pull off, but you had to get the throw and the timing just right. In Reach, you tag someone twice with a DMR/Magnum and then toss a frag in their general vicinity for the kill. When coupled with the lower jump height, movement speed and newfound player inertia (slowing direction changes), it's difficult to overstate the degree to which this changes combat for the worse.

I'm happy to carry on in the Reach OT, but I wanted to amplify that note since the conversation was going on here.
I'm pretty sure you only have to hit them once with a DMR or Magnum actually

Striker said:
You'll find about as many notable posters there as you would in Bungie's Optimatch thread. Yeah, you'll have some good ones who actually know what the core Halo MP is, and then there's some who find things like bubble shields and other gimmicks are what defines Halo.
Name one.

Striker

Dax01 said:
Name one.
sonic_waiting.gif

JdFoX187

Banned
A27 Tawpgun said:
Long time Halo fans that are so hostile to anyone else that has a differing opinion to the point where unless you have an arbitrary k/d, then your opinion doesn't mean anything to them. As exemplified by "when bks attack" and other dumbass statements made in this thread.

As for Striker's statement, there have been many posters, Dax included, that refuse to admit the bubble shield slows down gameplay. Many more consider Halo 3, with its equipment garbage, Assault Rifle starts and terrible maps the pinnacle of the series. Perhaps posters haven't glorified the bubble shield itself, but they support the extensive use of equipment, which the past two games have proven doesn't belong in Halo in any way, shape or form.

GhaleonEB

JdFoX187 said:
Long time Halo fans that are so hostile to anyone else that has a differing opinion to the point where unless you have an arbitrary k/d, then your opinion doesn't mean anything to them. As exemplified by "when bks attack" and other dumbass statements made in this thread.
Don't tar everyone in the community with that kind of thing. There are some hostile voices who use standards such as that, but plenty of active posters who do not. Many, and probably most, agree about Reach's issues. But also in the mix are several folks who find Reach to be the best in the series. As always you're going to find a mix of opinions and also a mix of ways those are delivered, from thoughtful to hostile. You can wade in and have a good conversation if you choose to filter out those who are being less than helpful.

This is true on any thread.

JdFoX187

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Don't tar everyone in the community with that kind of thing. There are some hostile voices who use standards such as that, but plenty of active posters who do not. What most of us have in common is an agreement on Reach's issues. Also in the mix are several folks who find Reach to be the best in the series. As always you're going to find a mix of opinions and also a mix of ways those are delivered, from thoughtful to hostile.
I don't tar everyone, but the statement still stands. Even with the passing of "dear" EazyB's alt account, there's still much hostility in there when someone bucks the trend of liking armor lock or other "controversial" opinions. Not saying from you particularly, but there is a vocal minority that does so.

derFeef

Oh, multiplayer discussion. I know that it is part (if not the biggest) of Halo, but yeah, if you are not contributing well to it or care about the campaign (like do not want to get spoiled) - there is a high chance you are getting called out.

I learned that pretty fast and brutal ;)

Top Bottom