• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo & Killer Instinct Season 3 Tease

Not really a fan of guest characters. At least it isn't Master Chief.

Finding it hard to be hype for KI at all after reading some of those balance changes :(

You know when this game was announced at e3 (and it was pretty much a botched announcement) I and pretty much everyone was terried that Microsoft was going to Nuts and Bolts Killer Instint... but you know what...

I'm so glad we were wrong. It's not the best fighting game ever but they are pretty much treating it almost like Smash with guest characters and really great trailers of new/returning characters and it just feel so good. I'm not even playing the game much at all anymore but I'm still super happy to see things like this.

Good on you Microsoft
Good on you Double Helix

Now would someone just please give me a proper Banjo Kazooie 3. I'm going to love Yooka Laylee but I want a new Banjo game that doesn't suck.

but Double Helix isn't the devs anymore, it's Iron Galaxy

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Well if there was gonna be a Halo rep it pretty much had to Arbitor.

The Flash

Banned
Really DONT like these guest characters. jesus. cmon keep it clean.

Z7HeRxU.png

I find it funny that a lot of people didn't really like the Arbiter back when Halo 2 came out because "hurr durr I wanna play MC not this other guy" and now everyone's pumped he gets to be playable in a cross over role.

This is a great choice, the Arbiter has always been a cool character and he'll have look sick in KI

bon

Rash was pretty dumb but this is just lame. Might as well jump the shark completely and put Sub Zero in too.

Jaeger

Actually, this is fine for me. Sabrewulf has ties to a pre-existing Rare title. Battletoads is Rare. MS owns Rare. This is the equivalent to Final Fight characters in Street Fighter. Or Akuma in X-Men: Children of the Atom.

Sponge

Banned
Rash was pretty dumb but this is just lame. Might as well jump the shark completely and put Sub Zero in too.

First party characters make way more sense than third party ones. Can't agree with you on Rash, He's a fantastic choice.

ElRenoRaven

Sweet. Looks like slowly but surely they'll turn KI into their Smash Bros lol. I'm ok with that though. I'll eventually pick up season 2 this winter in a sale cheap. lol

I find it funny that a lot of people didn't really like the Arbiter back when Halo 2 came out because "hurr durr I wanna play MC not this other guy" and now everyone's pumped he gets to be playable in a cross over role.

This is a great choice, the Arbiter has always been a cool character and he'll have look sick in KI

I don't think that it's that people hated the Arbiter. It's that people wanted to play as Chief. I actually think the Arbiter should have been his own side game like ODST was for Halo 3. I just think the mainline games should focus on Chief. Same with Halo 5 I love team Osiris but I'd have prefered nothing but Chief and Blue Team in Halo 5 with a side game for Team Osiris.

MS is actually turning KI into their premium brand fighter. I gotta get it on PC now, but I'll wait for the full 3 season compilation.

Now ... if we were to get such dedication to Phantom Dust ...

Top Bottom