• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kind of interesting to me that the esports commentator lineups have a pretty large black demographic, especially with Smash Bros. I've been wondering why that's been the case compared to other positions in gaming.

pacman85

Wow what a waste of the last page or so of this thread....Of course I am just mad nobody replied to my PAX Prime speculation and the thread got derailed by some nonsense right after I made my post...

Fuchsdh

Wow what a waste of the last page or so of this thread....Of course I am just mad nobody replied to my PAX Prime speculation and the thread got derailed by some nonsense right after I made my post...

We're prolly going to get another map reveal, or at least a tour around Coagulation. Beyond that... I dunno. A fuller trailer for Nightfall seems too soon.

darthbob

When members PM me and say there's a problem, I investigate, regardless of who that member is. Like several other members of this community, I found it a little crazy that a simple comment created such a derail. So I asked both sides to drop the issue. Given that I've been in here exactly twice, I'll leave you to whatever conspiracy theories you want to invent regarding who called me in.

As for your ban, it's going to be longer than two weeks. Anyone else who would like to discuss moderation, PM a moderator or send an email to support@neogaf.com. Complaining about it in the thread is unacceptable and a violation of the ToS.

AgreeableSarcasticHorsechestnutleafminer.gif

woodland

Why do you have such an interest in protecting Dax? Everytime she is in an argument you pop in and protect her. I understand you have a friendship inside and outside of gaf but it's unfair when she continually shits on people's opinions and for being male etc and then OTHERS get banned.

Go nuts and give me a 2 week ban for criticizing a mod but it's pretty insane that whenever she feels like there's an injustice regardless of her negative participation she can just whistle and get someone in to shut down conversation.

I agree. I don't even post here that much, but as of late lurking it's the same old same old. Dax asks for female casters. Someone mentions they should have skill and not just be "fun" casters because it's a job commentating on high level gameplay where understanding is needed. Perfectly logical, everyone should be happy.

No one even got insulted and people are being jumped on for being not politically correct enough, this is ridiculous.

would like to chime in without creating anymore work for the mods -

I think Bravo and Goldenboy are excellent commentators. They offer insightful discussion about the matches, have great chemistry, and know competitive Halo very well. I'm more likely to tune in to watch simply because they're easy to listen to and it makes the tournaments entertaining and engaging. I always feel like I've learned something about Halo when they cast.

They have their own style though, so if players with a different style who are as good as or better than them step up to the plate, I wouldn't mind seeing them up there regardless of who they are or where they're from. However, for a major tournament, it'd be a detriment if it wasn't kept to the same standard as they have set. Halo can't afford to goof off with its competitive scene, so I wouldn't want to see inexperienced casters up there.

I've met many great players through Halo from all walks of life and I'd support them in all of their endeavors should they vie for such positions. But I think they'd also agree with me that they wouldn't want to be misrepresented or have their skill and labor undermined should the opportunity arise if a sub-optimal performance is given.

u4iX

When members PM me and say there's a problem, I investigate, regardless of who that member is. Like several other members of this community, I found it a little crazy that a simple comment created such a derail. So I asked both sides to drop the issue. Given that I've been in here exactly twice, I'll leave you to whatever conspiracy theories you want to invent regarding who called me in.

As for your ban, it's going to be longer than two weeks. Anyone else who would like to discuss moderation, PM a moderator or send an email to support@neogaf.com. Complaining about it in the thread is unacceptable and a violation of the ToS.

Fuck you and fuck Dax.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
So, I wonder what's new with MCC since I check this thread once or twice every....

Uh....

uVFnILI.gif

I believe we're supposed to hear more about Forge at PAX. Maybe we'll get a Coag reveal?
As I said in the other thread, hoping for a BTB map reveal (Waterworks...). Would like to see Coag and Lockout too.

But we won't see all of those with over two months to go before release.

Welfare

Well then this is an interesting page.

PAX should have Coag/Zanzibar gameplay, and then announce Terminal as the next map.

Madness

It's sad that in my short time here even I have noticed certain posters come and derail the thread. Whether it's about their own personal problems or hangups it's always the same, and then many get banned.

Whatever. I can't wait for the Pax tournament.

Onikaan

I've been playing Reach recently. Trying to fill the gap before November (Destiny will help too).

Man, I miss playing Halo. One thing I've been reminded about while playing Reach is how poor the hit detection is. Pull the trigger, blam, blood spurts out... no kill.

Crazy. Anyone else notice this?

Can't wait to spend the long winter nights playing Halo 2 MP. Mmhmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom