• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been playing Reach recently. Trying to fill the gap before November (Destiny will help too).

Man, I miss playing Halo. One thing I've been reminded about while playing Reach is how poor the hit detection is. Pull the trigger, blam, blood spurts out... no kill.

Crazy. Anyone else notice this?

Can't wait to spend the long winter nights playing Halo 2 MP. Mmhmmm.
It's a networking issue.

Hey guys! What did I....
O.O
So, uh, yeah.... Halo. Good stuff.
WTF has happened?

Any confirmation on what will be at PAX? I know a time has been confirmed.

Madness

Hey guys! What did I....
O.O
So, uh, yeah.... Halo. Good stuff.
WTF has happened?

Any confirmation on what will be at PAX? I know a time has been confirmed.

Confirmed at least a tournament with at least a lot of well known pros and teams. There will be a panel as well. I assume they'll reveal the last map at this time too.

Torlain

Banned
It's sad that in my short time here even I have noticed certain posters come and derail the thread. Whether it's about their own personal problems or hangups it's always the same, and then many get banned.

Whatever. I can't wait for the Pax tournament.

I think the word you're looking for is 'Favoritism'. It happens, even on a supposed unbiased discussion board.

Btw... Bravo edited the recent Bulletin. Looks a team name/player change. Can't wait for more details next Wednesday. #WeBack

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
So this will be my first pre load game. Gonna switch my console to an American one, pay the $60, switch back to Australian and then at 12.01AM on the 11th start playing that sweet sweet Beaver Creek.

Aaawwwwwww yissssss

Mother fuckin Beaver Creek.

Ghazi

I can't wait for them to make pre loading available. On my garbage connection, it'd take days to download what will likely be ~30+ GB

Celestia

I was making a joke because you have that avatar and you said that a long purple gun is sexy.

How dare you talk about my raifu like that.

jNVXAae.jpg

Still wish they had went with a Halo console bundle.

blamite

As I said in the other thread, hoping for a BTB map reveal (Waterworks...). Would like to see Coag and Lockout too.

But we won't see all of those with over two months to go before release.
Personally I'm expecting 343 to follow the pattern of the Gamescom Showdown and announce a new map to be used for the tournament (probably Lockout). Are the matches BO5 this time around? That'd mean each match would be able to use all of Sanctuary, Lockout, and Ascension as least once each.

If they're showing a BTB map, the most I'd get excited for is a full reveal of Zanzibar, since it's already been shown in screenshot form. Coag would definitely be a nice surprise though.
...does the name Elamite come from Blamite?

Yeah, he's been ripping me off for years. Even though I just started using this name a few yeas ago... yeah... (my name has absolutely nothing to do with his btw)

Personally I'm expecting 343 to follow the pattern of the Gamescom Showdown and announce a new map to be used for the tournament (probably Lockout). Are the matches BO5 this time around? That'd mean each match would be able to use all of Sanctuary, Lockout, and Ascension as least once each.

If they're showing a BTB map, the most I'd get excited for is a full reveal of Zanzibar, since it's already been shown in screenshot form. Coag would definitely be a nice surprise though.

Yeah, that would be really cool. I've really enjoyed the way 343 has unveiled the game so far.

Yeah, he's been ripping me off for years. Even though I just started using this name a few yeas ago... yeah... (my name has absolutely nothing to do with his btw)

When are you going to get your name changed to Blamethyst? You were like, the one fan of the Combiner.

So this will be my first pre load game. Gonna switch my console to an American one, pay the $60, switch back to Australian and then at 12.01AM on the 11th start playing that sweet sweet Beaver Creek.

Aaawwwwwww yissssss

Mother fuckin Beaver Creek.

Yeah I'll be doing this from now on for this and every game. So much cheaper digitally.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I am so excited to play halo 2 again

Not just because of nostalgia, but because 3 of the 4 years i played, it was with a distorted 4:3 to 16:9 picture running on an emulator while playing on an early HDTV flat panel (crappy screen refresh)

How long are the bannees banned for?

Varies as per act that got them banned.

Speedy: 13 months (returns September 2015)
Heckfu: longer than 2 weeks
U4IX: No idea, but losing the avatar is a glitch in the system that usually has people worrying it's a perma. Chances are it's not.

sure but I'm also a fan of things with good names :D

(Let's get 343 to make blamite real canon first. You guys can't ignore it forever!)

I've even done all the work for them! Just make it a shorthand for BLAM: Ballistic Lateral Assault Mitigation or Ballistic Lateral Anti-Materiel, just like HEAT rounds. You could call them "BLAM Rounds" if you wanted it to sound semi-professional and be a global nomination for "needle" munitions (like in the Needle Rifle), while Blamite could specifically be the weird space play-doh compound mined from one of Sanghelios' moons and compound-weaponized.

belushy

Banned
Btw... Bravo edited the recent Bulletin. Looks a team name/player change. Can't wait for more details next Wednesday. #WeBack

Yep, Snipedown is on the eXcellence Call of Duty team, so I'm guessing they decided to just use the sponsorship. It isn't really a good "Str8 Rippin" squad anyway. At least, not a squad you'd automatically think about Str8 Rippin.

I think I've had a tab open for the Master Chief Collection cinematic trailer open for the last 3 or 4 days now. I'm hoping whoever did the track for that trailer is working on Halo 5.

Hubble

I loved it but the dig at Bungie was unecessary. That's the company that made all the stuff he also loved. And it was stated as if it were a fact, rather than his opinion.

Dat internettiquette.

Oh I just invented a word!

Thanks for your long-term participation in the thread.

Will there be a Halo 3 MLG playlist exclusive to Halo 3? One of the reasons why Halo 3 was so successful and an active online community was because of all the playlists (MLG, Griffball, etc.). Halo 4 lacked this but it's online menu, and gameplay was still really really bad either way.

Also will the 1-50 ranking system be back? Pretty PLEASE.

And please for Halo 5, follow the same formula of Halo 1-3. The campaign for Halo 4 was good, but its online was really bad in quality. I think the chart showing the drop of players can attest to this. Focus more on teamwork/strategy formula of Halo 2, old school PC gaming attributes like those found in Halo, Counter Strike, Tribes, Quake, etc., rather than a medley addition of abilities, jetpacking, camo, etc., the terrible sniper rifle in Halo 4, like the addition of those terrible mechs in Halo 4 killed some of the best online maps ever made, etc.

Please don't let the team feel like they need to add their own stamp to the series and feel the need to having to change something by adding things. Follow the classic Halo formula.

I miss watching the MLG events live for Halo 3 on the weekends on my PC following teams. Bungie should have forged a long-term partnership with them and MLG to help make gaming more permanent as a sport.

Thanks for your long-term participation in the thread.

Will there be a Halo 3 MLG playlist exclusive to Halo 3? One of the reasons why Halo 3 was so successful and an active online community was because of all the playlists (MLG, Griffball, etc.). Halo 4 lacked this but it's online menu, and gameplay was still really really bad either way.

Also will the 1-50 ranking system be back? Pretty PLEASE.

And please for Halo 5, follow the same formula of Halo 1-3. The campaign for Halo 4 was good, but its online was really bad in quality. I think the chart showing the drop of players can attest to this. Focus more on teamwork/strategy formula of Halo 2, old school PC gaming attributes like those found in Halo, Counter Strike, Tribes, Quake, etc., rather than a medley addition of abilities, jetpacking, camo, etc., the terrible sniper rifle in Halo 4, like the addition of those terrible mechs in Halo 4 killed some of the best online maps ever made, etc.

Please don't let the team feel like they need to add their own stamp to the series and feel the need to having to change something by adding things. Follow the classic Halo formula.

I miss watching the MLG events live for Halo 3 on the weekends on my PC following teams. Bungie should have forged a long-term partnership with them and MLG to help make gaming more permanent as a sport.

1. There will probably not be an MLG playlist, but maybe a Hardcore playlist like in Halo 2.

2. A 1-50 system has been confirmed for a while.

3. Check the first post of this thread for any other questions you have.

Zoolader

Halogaf just needs to relax and remember there is an ignore feature before it gets itself shutdown again. There is just one particular individual (not Dax) that's on my ignore list and Halo threads are considerably less insufferable to scroll through.

Tawpgun

Halogaf just needs to relax and remember there is an ignore feature before it gets itself shutdown again. There is just one particular individual (not Dax) that's on my ignore list and Halo threads are considerably less insufferable to scroll through.
Quoting so waher can see

Wait it doesn't work that way. Ether way the ignored dude is totally waher

VinFTW

Does anybody else hope they improve the medals beyond even what we WANT them to? In other words, the medals shown at gamescom suck (WiP, I completely understand...). Medals are what made the kills feel so satisfying. Sort of like the XP/chirps from other shooters.

Make them dynamic, interesting, add some A/V.

I don't know... anybody else want MORE from kills in Halo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom