• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo MCC Season 2 Finals Plagued with Issues - Numerous Disconnects Mid-Match

Trojan

This sounds rough, hope that Live requirement for LAN gets removed.

Unfortunate this thread turned so ugly with all the MCC bashing. Haven't seen this many bans in the a thread for a while, but the anger spewing from some commenters was ridiculous.

We had a LAN the past weekend. First time in years. There were 14 or 15 of us. We had payed one thousand euros/dollars for a high end cottage. People had driven hundreds of kilometers/miles to get there. We had 8 Ones and 8 monitors to play MCC.

Aaaaaand there we were sitting on this useless setup because Xbox Live had some trouble. It's is stupid that a distant issue affected our closed circle. People were angry and frustrated. Even Frankie's name came up (not even joking, seriously).

If Gears of War can (and H5 can't) be played in a LAN setting without an internet connection, there's no question what game will be played next summer on our LAN.

Luckily on saturday we had no problems and the games worked nonstop.

jelly

You can say Microsoft designed it that way, game was rushed etc. but the main thing is was there anyone at Microsoft/343 etc. who stood up and said, we can't ship this game without offline LAN support, we can't continue to not implement offline LAN support, the community and competition is important, lets get it done. Hello McFly, anybody home! That's the worrying thing, you expect the logical thing to be done but it has escaped them. Everybody has faults but there is a basic expectation, those little touches and going the extra mile that kinda comes with the territory of the best games and especially one were previous entries hammer the feature set home. Strange oversight.

Did the players of the finals or the tournament have anything to say about the disconnects?

It must have been frustrating as hell but I can understand if they wanna keep their feelings to themselves. They wanna be a part of Halo competitively going forward. Shitting on the game on twitter isnt gonna get them invites to 2016 H5 tourney.

Akai__

It must have been frustrating as hell but I can understand if they wanna keep their feelings to themselves. They wanna be a part of Halo competitively going forward. Shitting on the game on twitter isnt gonna get them invites to 2016 H5 tourney.

You can discuss the issues without shitting on the game. People actually did this.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Are there any videos available on YouTube that show the disconnects in the finals? I was out all day & couldn't watch it live, but there's nothing on YouTube that I could find?

Apathy

Some of them tweeted @Halo. There's probably discussion on a coupple of Halo forums, aswell.

I only ask because maybe with popular players complaining and the reach they have with fans, maybe the outcry can make microsoft and 343i actually look into changing the live requirements for LAN play, because that is the dumbest thing ever.

Akai__

It was still on at 0100 am central time... I stand corrected...Wow..come on.

Are you saying all the people watching it just imagined it? I mean, even the pro players on the tournament must have imagined things. Even Frankie who dropped into this thread writing clarifications must have imagined things. lol

You also must have missed them showing H5 montages during the time XBL had issues and they were unable to play.

I only ask because maybe with popular players complaining and the reach they have with fans, maybe the outcry can make microsoft and 343i actually look into changing the live requirements for LAN play, because that is the dumbest thing ever.

If The Coalition can get MS to add LAN support for Gears UE, then 343i can do for Halo 5, too. Question is if 343i wants to add LAN support.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
There's little I can do in this thread except absorb vitriol. The issues during the tournament were not MCC issues, they were network conditions out of our control, and they were resolved eventually. It sucks and I'm sorry people had a poor experience.

That's absurd. You could have simply not required LAN games to need an internet connection and the issues in the tournament wouldn't have occurred.

Top Bottom