• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo MCC Season 2 Finals Plagued with Issues - Numerous Disconnects Mid-Match

It was an Xbox Live issue but there is a bad design flaw to begin with and the Gears of War UE devs are taking it head on. I understand MCC had loads and still has issues so maybe wasn't on your plate and these things take time but are 343 going to follow ?

Can we somehow convince phil spencer to take a different stand on it.
Allow LAN with the new dash update to windows 10.

Welfare

Population counters have multiplicative negative effects on niche populations which is why many games don't have them. There are modes with low populations that we maintain because they have value for those players. Long search times is a tax for that, sadly.

This is why there is no population counter?

What, I don't understand. How does a population counter affect the niche playlists? Niche Halo 4 playlists certainly had no problems with a population counter being present, since they already only draw in a certain type of player. I don't see why having a visible number next to the playlist would have a player that already plays that playlist to say "Well now I don't want to touch this".

MacBosse

You guys can post without being massive dicks to developers who take the time to interact, you know. Try it.

Well this is neoGAF after all, massive dicks count for 50% of the population.

With that said, I agree. Just lashing out at people (developers or not) is just stupid.

jelly

They think people don't give playlists a shot if the number of players is low so it may actually increase the player count because they only consider one thing, do I want to play this. I can see that working, herd mentality, playlist positions, people are easily manipulated. It may have no great effect either but worth trying if more people try new things.

RooMHM

People still defend this turd insulting people who buy games.
What more can we do ? If its okay to sell and promote broken games, we are lost.

jem0208

They really need to work out a real LAN solution for H5. The Gears remake is going to have offline LAN so it seems something has changed at MS to let them remove the ping. Now they need to find a way of getting a local dedicated server setup.

People still defend this turd insulting people who buy games.
What more can we do ? If its okay to sell and promote broken games, we are lost.
Did you just call Frankie a turd?

Nice one.

shoreu

They really need to work out a real LAN solution for H5. The Gears remake is going to have offline LAN so it seems something has changed at MS to let them remove the ping. Now they need to find a way of getting a local dedicated server setup.

Nice one.

It's like Bish totally didn't post on a page before this lol.

viHuGi

Banned
Been seeing the stream, love some competitive Halo but game has some problems, last game on the stream yesterday they had to restart the game due to problems on the bomb game.

They think people don't give playlists a shot if the number of players is low so it may actually increase the player count because they only consider one thing, do I want to play this. I can see that working, herd mentality, playlist positions, people are easily manipulated. It may have no great effect either but worth trying if more people try new things.

I agree.
Killzone shafowfall MP was excellent, and it never took more than a couple of mins to find a match. A couple of weeks after launch the player count was about 1500-2000. This led people on GAF laughing about how dead it was. Which could put themselves or others off from trying out the mp. Truth is, you don't need tens of thousands of players to fill a lobby. But a visible low player count could make a game or playlist undesirable.

Man, takes some guts to have this tournament after the last one. Lol.

Nice one.

Jesus. Relax dude. Quite clear he meant the MCC. Sentence is missing a comma.

Nice one.

He is missing a comma.

Thanks to XANDER CAGE for putting the confirmation of the cause in the OP. Nice to get confirmation it was the cause - now Microsoft just need to get rid of that requirement and we'll be golden.

For the comments about Gears UE are we sure it's not just going to be like MCC and work on a LAN network but require live authentication? The linked article doesn't state it one way or another,

Not sure, would have been silly to make such a big show of it if it was no different though. Guess we'll find out soon.

Computer

Man, takes some guts to have this tournament after the last one. Lol.

Jesus. Relax dude. Quite clear he meant the MCC. Sentence is missing a comma.

I was at the last event in Indy. They had no issues. People keep saying I cant believe they held a tournament with a broken game. They are not holding random tournaments. It is a esport league with season, a points system, and huge esport organizations. It is one of the few developer backed eports and the only one on a console. Halo was one of the first and biggest espots back in the day. MLG would not exist if not for Halo. Halo had highlights on ESPN Sports center in 2009. Something we don't even see today. A lot of people that watch esports now tend to forget that. The HCS is getting bigger and Halo 5 is going to blow up. We be seeing a lot more of competitive Halo in the future.

Is there no way a debug xbox could be used and spoof an online connection at all? it's hard to pinpoint the blame on the game or the internet but really, LAN games in a tournament setting should be as offline as possible.

DieH@rd

Banned
Shame that matchmaking/server problems are still not solved.

This shit was truly unimaginable before MCC was released. Halo was always viewed as a excellent online game.

Computer

The biggest issue is the disconnections having an effect on the outcome of the games. I feel for some of the teams. I would be so pissed with 150k on the line. There was even a instance where a player got stuck with a plasma and it just disappeared. The online LAN clearly effect the outcomes of the games witch it completely ridiculous for high level esport. If this is not a wake up call for 343 to add LAN I don't know what is.

G17

Whether or not this was a Live issue, the fact remains that MCC LAN depends on Xbox Live.

Rod Fergusson and The Coalition care deeply about the community and are doing it right with Gears. Based off the past few month's.. 343 could learn a thing or two from The Coalition about community engagement and implementing feedback.

Well this is a thread about issues with the tourney, I think it's a pretty fair assumption to make that he's discussing the tourney.

Not really when he said "Shame that matchmaking/server problems are still not solved"; both a true statement and an explicit outline of what he's referring to (MM isn't used at a tourney for obvious reason).

Akai__

Stream just got delayed because of XBL issues.

If Gears UE can have true LAN, give it to Halo 5.

They really should. LAN support was always a crucial Halo feature.

Thing is, the whole game (Halo 5) plays on dedicated servers. I'm not even sure if we will be able to play the campaign offline? Was that anywhere confirmed? I know there won't be offline customs, due to no guests.

Computer

This is getting old. Just so happens XBL is a complete fail all weekend during the finals. Conspiracy theory MLG is hitting XBL off line to prevent the HCS from being successful. Just like MLG schedules COD events on the same weekend as HCS. I am on to them.

Is there a specific game in the MCC that they use for the tournaments? I noticed someone posting it might be difficult to patch in a true lan mode for the whole collection, but maybe at least start with that game. For instance if H2:A is the game that is used in tournaments, perhaps make patching true LAN support in there a priority and then get to the other ones later on? This way you avoid something like what is happening this weekend (and currently on the stream wherein an XBL issue is holding up the finals).

On the flipside though, is MCC going to be involved in tournaments going forward or is the push to have H5 be the representative for professional Halo play upon its release?

Computer

Is there a specific game in the MCC that they use for the tournaments? I noticed someone posting it might be difficult to patch in a true lan mode for the whole collection, but maybe at least start with that game. For instance if H2:A is the game that is used in tournaments, perhaps make patching true LAN support in there a priority and then get to the other ones later on? This way you avoid something like what is happening this weekend (and currently on the stream wherein an XBL issue is holding up the finals).

On the flipside though, is MCC going to be involved in tournaments going forward or is the push to have H5 be the representative for professional Halo play upon its release?

Today is the last time you will see H2A played in the HCS. This is the season finals. When season 3 starts its all about Halo 5. 343 has repedily said they are going huge for Halo 5 when it comes to the HCS. I would expect to see million dollar events. When players buy rec packs in H5 part of the money will go into the Halo 5 HCS prize pool.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
The wise choice would be learning from Blizzards mistakes from Starcraft and set up a little local compartmentalized xbox live after Blizzcon kept being delayed.

Why is it so hard to keep LAN in? Why do more and more features need to be removed as time goes on?

Kibbles

Today is the last time you will see H2A played in the HCS. This is the season finals. When season 3 starts its all about Halo 5. 343 has repedily said they are going huge for Halo 5 when it comes to the HCS. I would expect to see million dollar events. When players buy rec packs in H5 part of the money will go into the Halo 5 HSC prize pool.
Sounds good, looking forward to it. Hopefully we have regular LAN by then too.

Today is the last time you will see H2A played in the HCS. This is the season finals. When season 3 starts its all about Halo 5. 343 has repedily said they are going huge for Halo 5 when it comes to the HCS. I would expect to see million dollar events. When players buy rec packs in H5 part of the money will go into the Halo 5 HCS prize pool.

Ah thanks. I have not been following. So really, they just need to ensure they have true LAN support on H5. And that is cool they are doing what Valve did with Dota 2 re: buying content and a percentage going to a prize pool.

Booshka

Yeah it wasn't a good montage, but the subject of the comments were things like "I didn't want to watch Cod", "rip halo"

My favorite comment was, "Halo Reach 2"

Not only is it a silly diss toward H5 game mechanics, it's also hilarious to imagine a sequel to Reach.

It's the kind of dumb that I look forward to in giant Twitch Chats.

SaganIsGOAT

The malevolence here is pathetic. It is getting to a point where being a Halo fan on this site is a chore. Mods can only do much to aid at this point. Seriously, do some of you get off shitting on people like frank who spend their own time communicating with us here? WTF.

hawk2025

The benevolence here is pathetic. It is getting to a point where being a Halo fan on this site is a chore. Mods can only do much to aid at this point. Seriously, do some of you get off shitting on people like frank who spend their own time communicating with us here? WTF.

...benevolence?

Top Bottom