• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo MCC Season 2 Finals Plagued with Issues - Numerous Disconnects Mid-Match

Fracas

#fuckonami
Blows my mind that 343 is still willing to put money in competitive Halo with about a dozen people watching.

JqYTmjn.gif

Cow

Chill out, mate.

I spent $500 for this disaster of a game. I'm angry and I just want to be able to get a match in a playlist other than team slayer (I'm Australian). Games still randomly end early, or just crash before they load 8 months after launch. I have no idea how anyone can justify supporting this company.

Still hoping for further patches. I'm having fun with MCC but I don't think I'm ready to buy Halo 5 yet.

Hopefully Microsoft has changed its LAN policy and MCC can be updated so this doesn't happen in the future. Some news on future title updates would be nice but the game functions well enough that I'm happy to wait for more info.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Unnecessary how? He's not buying future 343 games if they can't fix the broken game they released prior. I wish more people shared that sentiment. Jesus ball washing Christ.
It's all about the tone. Say someone asks you to come over to a barbeque, would you ask them if they improved their BBQ skills because their ribs were shit the last time you were there, and you're not going to go again? Or would you be more subtle than that?

It's all about the tone. Say someone asks you to come over to a barbeque, would you ask them if they improved their BBQ skills because their ribs were shit the last time you were there, and you're not going to go again? Or would you be more subtle than that?

I'd tell them to tighten that ass up on the ribs, and after they do, and we're all full on ribs and brew, they'll thank me for it.

and I swore he said that the problems with the game affected his decision regarding halo 5. It didn't come across as an ultimatum. He basically asked if they were going to fix it and stated that the problem with the game has influenced some to not purchase the game.

if it makes you so angry and you don't want to support the company, sell the game and console. you are till supporting if you still have it and are on live....

Get real man. One shouldn't have to sell the console because they expect a game to work. He's already purchased it, I'm not sure how selling his console is good advice.

Sydle

How many times have you been to a BBQ of theirs and find something else wrong?

swift714

Banned
I spent $500 for this disaster of a game. I'm angry and I just want to be able to get a match in a playlist other than team slayer (I'm Australian). Games still randomly end early, or just crash before they load 8 months after launch. I have no idea how anyone can justify supporting this company.

if it makes you so angry and you don't want to support the company, sell the game and console. you are till supporting if you still have it and are on live....

edit:
looking at you post history, your only purpose is to antagonize and not have a relevant and well thought out conversation/discussion

Did that someone charge me $500 for their rib party last time and then drop the ribs onto a pile of dog shit before serving them 8 months later with flecks of shit still on them?

railGUN

Banned

If I paid $50 + to go? I expect fucking good ribs. And I expect the waiter to not be a dick and thumb through my text messages before dismissing my question. And I'd never buy their ribs again based on those two things alone. But I'm a spiteful internet troll.

swift714

Banned
If I paid $50 + to go? I expect fucking good ribs. And I expect the waiter to not be a dick and thumb through my text messages before dismissing my question. And I'd never buy their ribs again based on those two things alone. But I'm a spiteful internet troll.

and if you don't get them good ribs, you are also entitled for a refund and allowed to leave

and if you don't get them good ribs, you are also entitled for a refund and allowed to leave

Please stop with that logic. People want the product they have fixed. Your suggestion of simply returning (a product that was released last winter) something or getting a refund is silly. You're not going to tell me I should sell my xbox because I'm unhappy with the way MCC was handled. That's ridiculous.

LycanXIII

edit:
looking at you post history, your only purpose is to antagonize and not have a relevant and well thought out conversation/discussion

Please, let's not bring up post history when all of your posts are in this very thread.

Edit:
swift714
Banned
(Today, 12:07 AM)

Glass

If you'd read through the shit show that is every single Halo related thread on gaming side, you'd understand the reasoning behind this. Why Stinkles still puts himself through this I don't know..

This thread could be an opportunity to talk about Xbox One's lack of local LAN support, instead it's turned into another embarrassing tread over the same old shit.

daedalius

If you'd read through the shit show that is every single Halo related thread on gaming side, you'd understand the reasoning behind this. Why Stinkles still puts himself through this I don't know..

This thread could be an opportunity to talk about Xbox One's lack of local LAN support, instead it's turned into another embarrassing tread over the same old shit.

I see lots of bans for people shitting all over 343

Oh wait
Mods forgot I guess

etta

my hard graphic balls
Did that someone charge me $500 for their rib party last time and then drop the ribs onto a pile of dog shit before serving them 8 months later with flecks of shit still on them?

Yea, you guys completely missed my point, which was about manners. Does you being angry entitle you to act with ill manners? How do you expect them to take you seriously if you act like this:
Get your incompetent company to fix MCC mate

You can be angry at them for the bad product, you can ask for refunds, just follow a basic human code of conduct for Christ's sake. Even if they deserve it, it doesn't mean you should do it. You'll lead a happier life if you find a way to distance yourself from things that anger you.

He's got great character, I applaud him. I would've just given up if I was him.
Thank you, Stinkles, for sticking by and conversing with some of us that appreciate the games and your efforts.

Why should we believe 343 that it was Live's fault at all? Or that they couldn't disable the requirement given what we know about Gears?

Why don't we get more MCC updates in weekly updates so Stinkles doesn't have to be the point man for 343? Why does the 343 twitter account ignore questions about MCC?

Fat4all

Banned
You can be angry at them for the bad product, you can ask for refunds, just follow a basic human code of conduct for Christ's sake. Even if they deserve it, it doesn't mean you should do it. You'll lead a happier life if you find a way to distance yourself from things that anger you.

Don't tell me how to live my life, Mom!

*slam door*
*turn up music*

"CRAAAAAWLLING IIIIN MY SKIIIIIIN!!!"

moered6

Banned
Why should we believe 343 that it was Live's fault at all? Or that they couldn't disable the requirement given what we know about Gears?

Why don't we get more MCC updates in weekly updates so Stinkles doesn't have to be the point man for 343? Why does the 343 twitter account ignore questions about MCC?

probably because they are waiting near patch releases before they announce anything, wasn't too long ago when they mentioned the big patch that came out at the end of may and people were getting their pitchforks out because they thought it would miss the date.

Stanng243

Don't tell me how to live my life, Mom!

*slam door*
*turn up music*

"CRAAAAAWLLING IIIIN MY SKIIIIIIN!!!"
Don't get your Mom mad at you, or she won't let you use the good internet. MCC was my only experience with Halo. I tried it splitscreen at a friends house. It did not sell me on the game or console.

lol.

if Halo 5 bombs then the series is dead cuz you know they arent even gonna bother with MCC after they launch Halo 5
Um yeah that's not true. Pretty sure they stated MCC will be their top priority next to H5 in updating it. That's one of the big questions people wanted to know after they launch Halo 5.

Computer

Could they at the very least give the HCS custom Xbox One's with LAN support? I don't understand why 343 have not pushed for this after all the main stage embarrassment.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
That's literally his only subject. You're not a fan, but you're not monomaniacal either.

There's little I can do in this thread except absorb vitriol. The issues during the tournament were not MCC issues, they were network conditions out of our control, and they were resolved eventually. It sucks and I'm sorry people had a poor experience.

Hey Stinkles, with Gears UE seemingly offering a pure LAN experience, will 343i patch that into MCC and H5. LAN support offers the most optimum MP environment especially for users that have non-optimum or no internet connections? This would also help avoid situations like what happened at the tournament and instill confidence in MCC MP going forward.

Also, when your team are testing the MP of your titles in the preliminary stages, is it via LAN or is it through Live? If it's the latter, then when Live goes down doesn't it impact on your development?

Lastly, I feel that you erred in the way you handled your response to gaf-didact.

Kibbles

Well since this isn't a 343 thing then we should be dishing our concerns on System Link over at Phil Spencer's twitter. The fact Xbox doesn't have basic-ass LAN in 2015 sucks :\

moered6

Banned
Hey Stinkles, with Gears UE seemingly offering a pure LAN experience, will 343i patch that into MCC and H5. LAN support offers the most optimum MP environment especially for users that have non-optimum or no internet connections?

this is 4(5?) different game engines working together, I think the issue would go deeper than simply patching that in. my bet is requiring live for lan was one of the cost in getting the different games to work together online or through the "pseudo LAN".
we don't exactly have a precedent of a compilation of games like this?

Skux

And this is exactly why Riot Games made a LAN client for competitive play after the servers were DDOSed in the season 2 finals.

It would be sweet if they patch it in at a later date. For Halo 5, at least.

I personally would never use the feature but I know for events and LAN parties people would use it.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
this is 4(5?) different game engines working together, I think the issue would go deeper than simply patching that in. my bet is requiring live for lan was one of the cost in getting the different games to work together online or through the "pseudo LAN".
we don't exactly have a precedent of a compilation of games like this?

All of these game engines also had system link from the get go. While I understand development is hard, and MCC's development in particular was very unusual, it's hard to know why LAN is so flakey without clear answers from MS or 343i.

I'm just wondering with MS allowing (?) Gears UE to do LAN, whether 343i will revisit the way local MP works in MCC.

Toa TAK

Banned
So will they ever send out another patch? There's an achievement in Halo 3 that's straight up impossible to unlock now.

moered6

Banned
All of these game engines also had system link from the get go. While I understand development is hard, and MCC's development in particular was very unusual, it's hard to know why LAN is so flakey without clear answers from MS or 343i.

would be neat to know, but any explanation right now would be seen as an excuse. maybe near halo 6

Literally your entire post history, with the exception of a single complaint about auto crouch on Assasins Creed, is complaints about Halo. Maybe it's just not for you.

That's a disgusting attitude to have and you should be ashamed. Your company took something people loved and mangled it just to hit a holiday launch check box. You should be grateful that almost a year after launch people are still complaining. They just want it fixed and your company should be fulfilling your promise you made in the beginning and just fucking do it already.

Computer

Again, this was a Live issue, not an MCC code issue.

If this was a Live issue then its Halo needs real LAN support. The fake LAN system is not working. From what I have read H5 will not have real LAN support as well. Don't you think 343 needs to rethink that decision after this? If Gear of War can have LAN why not Halo? If the embarrassing disconnects happen in Halo 5 HCS it will be another black eye for the HCS and the franchise. I am a huge HCS fan and hate that this is happening.

emrober5

Honestly I play MCC all the time and rarely run into issues.

I didn't get it until the patch that supposedly fixed it came out, so I can't speak pre patch, but the game plays great and I have been disconnected a handful of times.

It sucks that this happened, but the game is in a perfectly playable state right now IMO.

I didn't get it until the patch that supposedly fixed it came out, so I can't speak pre patch, but the game plays great and I have been disconnected a handful of times.

It sucks that this happened, but the game is in a perfectly playable state right now IMO.

It's cool you're having a good experience. Meanwhile myself and a bunch of friends can only play in team slayer, doubles or halo 2 anniversary consistently. I've never found a game in a game specific playlist, even after leaving the search running for nearly an hour on each one. Big Team takes upwards of 10 minutes to find a game each time. The game hard crashes to the dashboard every fourth or fifth game. My progress got reset in all the playlists I was working on which meant I lost ~15 hours of playtime.

The game is far from being stable.

watdaeff4

I've had it since November.

It's absolutely better. No question. Single player was pretty much fixed before Spring (except for hiccups here and there.)

MP is MUCH better. Most of the time I can find matches pretty quickly and lag and disconnects happen about the same frequency as CoD.

However, noticed I said most of the time I can find matches quickly. There still are some days it's as bad as it was originally. I've just come to accept the fact that some days I won't play Halo. Some people may not be able to accept that, and I don't blame them.

Overall, I feel I've gotten a lot of enjoyment out of the game (80+ hours), and will continue to play it. Will be getting Halo 5 as well.

But to say the game runs great, or to question why people are upset would be a little disingenuous. ( last statement isn't directed towards you directly, just giving my thoughts as some do try to act like the game always runs great now.)

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
You guys can post without being massive dicks to developers who take the time to interact, you know. Try it.

jelly

It was an Xbox Live issue but there is a bad design flaw to begin with and the Gears of War UE devs are taking it head on. I understand MCC had loads and still has issues so maybe wasn't on your plate and these things take time but are 343 going to follow ?

Top Bottom