• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo MCC Season 2 Finals Plagued with Issues - Numerous Disconnects Mid-Match

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I can't imagine how bad this must all be for people who really enjoy Halo's multiplayer. I mainly got it for the single player which only really had saving issues so it was worth the money for me in that respect, but bloody hell! Still having multiplayer issues 8 months after launch? That has to be a new record for a major AAA release.

Again, this was a Live issue, not an MCC code issue.

Vire

I heard Stinkles favorite past time is taking shit from NeoGAF users on a Saturday night.

Do ya'll want him to stay and try and answer questions the community has? Or just be jerks about everything. Let's keep it real.

That's literally his only subject. You're not a fan, but you're not monomaniacal either.

There's little I can do in this thread except absorb vitriol. The issues during the tournament were not MCC issues, they were network conditions out of our control, and they were resolved eventually. It sucks and I'm sorry people had a poor experience.

What is this like Dr. Phil on Gaf? Maybe I phrased it poorly, I just want the game to know if the game is going to be fixed. I've seen far worse things said on this forum than even the way I put it. The other reason I'm interested is because of the lack of splitscreen which you saw in my posts. At least in MCC I can still do that but it takes forever to find a match, especially btb.

railGUN

Banned
I heard Stinkles favorite past time is taking shit from NeoGAF users on a Saturday night.

Do ya'll want him to stay and try and answer questions the community has? Or just be jerks about everything. Let's keep it real.

Guy asked an honest question and Stinkles checks his post history before dismissing his question. When keeping it real goes wrong.

IronWarrior

Neo Member
That's literally his only subject. You're not a fan, but you're not monomaniacal either.

There's little I can do in this thread except absorb vitriol. The issues during the tournament were not MCC issues, they were network conditions out of our control, and they were resolved eventually. It sucks and I'm sorry people had a poor experience.

This isn't directed exclusively at you, but has the reasoning behind the Xbox Live requirement on LAN been explained? I can't see why it's functionality would be required unless the game requires dedicated servers (which kind of would defeat the purpose of low-latency LAN anyways). Is it just some odd DRM related decision, to ensure that people can't setup their own network like xbconnect?

The game still has some issues and we continue to work on them, including some back end fixes last week. There will be further improvements, code fixes and tweaks.

Would there be any possibility of adding population counters? Most of the issues I still encounter are related to long search times in some playlists (Action Sack and BTB) and it's tough to tell if it's an issue with MCC or just low pop.

The one game I've purchased this console generation that I took back and demanded a full refund for.

Hopefully they realize that if they fuck Halo 5 up like this, it'll be the end of the franchise.

Franchise was finished when Bungie stopped
Making it. It would be the same with any franchise.

Vire

Is there a plan to fix this game 100% or has 343 given up on it. Please know I and most people I know are not buying H5 because of this.

Yeah, this really sounds like someone who wants a legitimate response from a developer and not simply trying to troll.

You betta fix dat shit Stinkles. I don't know how, but fix that shit now.

rQzSUCF.png

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
This isn't directed exclusively at you, but has the reasoning behind the Xbox Live requirement on LAN been explained? I can't see why it's functionality would be required unless the game requires dedicated servers (which kind of would defeat the purpose of low-latency LAN anyways). Is it just some odd DRM related decision, to ensure that people can't setup their own network like xbconnect?

Would there be any possibility of adding population counters? Most of the issues I still encounter are related to long search times in some playlists (Action Sack and BTB) and it's tough to tell if it's an issue with MCC or just low pop.

Population counters have multiplicative negative effects on niche populations which is why many games don't have them. There are modes with low populations that we maintain because they have value for those players. Long search times is a tax for that, sadly.

Population counters have multiplicative negative effects on niche populations which is why many games don't have them. There are modes with low populations that we maintain because they have value for those players. Long search times is a tax for that, sadly.

I do love myself some BTB but it does seem to take a while to get a match at certain hours. Whereas Halo 2 anniversary slayer I can get in rather quick.

IronWarrior

Neo Member

Fair enough, thanks for the response.

Sydle

Yeah, this really sounds like someone who wants a legitimate response from a developer and not simply trying to troll.

rQzSUCF.png

It sounds like a fan who is frustrated and concerned over the circumstances of the franchise and directing that mix of emotions towards someone who is in a position of influence over said franchise.

I share his sentiments. Every time I start to trust this game again, thinking I'll go back to it to finally continue playing with friends, something goes wrong. It's not the level of polish I expected for the crown jewel IP of Xbox.

As a loyal Halo player with thousands of hours invested in the series, I think I'm currently done with Halo. I only have room for one abusive relationship in my life and I guess it's currently Destiny.

/throws money at the screen

Stinkles is not the one who can answer about the online-Lan (lol) issue.

It's something that should be mass-tweeted at xbox support and major nelson.

343 can't catch a breath.

Completely anecdotical and maybe OT; but my friends and I had a blast co-oping through Halo 3 tonight. Everything went perfectly xD

link1201

I do hope MCC gets all the kinks worked out one day. It's a great idea on paper and I would love to come back to these games from time to time. . One thing I wish they'd do in particular is have Dedis all the time not just some of the time.

Edit: I will add that over the last few months there has been tremendous improvement, I just wish we started here instead of having to wait so many months. After playing the beta though I am all on board for Halo 5.

also maybe stinkles would have a better time in these threads if 343's twitter and weekly updates weren't crickets when people ask about MCC issues

It's a requirement for the Xbox One.

Only exception so far seems to be the upcoming Gears Ultimate Edition, whose devs are indicating no live required for LAN.

since you have just established that this is not a requirement i am looking forward to MCC having it patched out

jk there will never be another significant patch

preorder halo 5

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Only exception so far seems to be the upcoming Gears Ultimate Edition, whose devs are indicating no live required for LAN.

So was it just so they could prove that the players had LIVE? Why would that even matter if they are not playing online?

Sydle

I think this is for the best. There aren't many great reasons to risk interrupting someone having fun in the middle of a match, especially if they've gone to all the trouble of setting up a LAN party.

If online checks are required for LAN you would think 343 could at least limit them to before and after matches only.

Nydius

Here's hoping Spencer has some three strike rule. If 343 messes up Halo 5 then he needs to clean house.

As far as I'm concerned, MCC was strike three.

Halo 1 Anniversary wasn't all that great, it was buggy at launch and they committed the cardinal sin of remastering the soundtrack into a much shittier version while trying to shoehorn in new references to the other games throughout. Oh, and tying H1A's multiplayer into Halo: Reach? Lazy.

Then came Halo 4 which was just shit, imo. It showed that 343 had no idea what made Halo, well, Halo, so they were just going to start copying Call of Duty, Battlefield, and even Gears of War elements and tack them on. The story was a hair away from utterly nonsensical.

Then MCC: A completely broken mess. There are more bugs in the MCC version of Halo 1 Anniversary than there were in the original Halo 1 Anniversary.

Up until H4, I was pretty much the stereotypical Halo fanboy. Blinded by loyalty and would defend even the worst elements of the game. All the books, legendary and/or collector's editions across the board, even some of the shitty Megablocks sets. Now, I find myself not giving a damn about the franchise anymore. I'm going to sit here and wait for reviews on H5. Even then, I probably won't buy it until a sale. I expect it to be a buggy, broken mess. Why shouldn't I? Everything 343i has put out has been so far.

So was it just so they could prove that the players had LIVE? Why would that even matter if they are not playing online?

I have no idea. That's just what I've read regarding LAN on the XB1. That the connection is required so it can ping the Live servers every now and then.

Gears seems to be an exception as the devs have talked about how they want people to play the game on LAN without worrying about an Internet connection. Of course, juries still out until the game releases.

I'm not sure why this required a separate thread when there was already a HCS thread. It's like you're inviting inflammatory comments and shitposters.

Again, this was a Live issue, not an MCC code issue.

Especially when this was the issue, not the game itself. But I suppose you have to beat the dead horse somewhere.

As far as I'm concerned, MCC was strike three.

Halo 1 Anniversary wasn't all that great, it was buggy at launch and they committed the cardinal sin of remastering the soundtrack into a much shittier version while trying to shoehorn in new references to the other games throughout. Oh, and tying H1A's multiplayer into Halo: Reach? Lazy.

Then came Halo 4 which was just shit, imo. It showed that 343 had no idea what made Halo, well, Halo, so they were just going to start copying Call of Duty, Battlefield, and even Gears of War elements and tack them on. The story was a hair away from utterly nonsensical.

Then MCC: A completely broken mess. There are more bugs in the MCC version of Halo 1 Anniversary than there were in the original Halo 1 Anniversary.

Up until H4, I was pretty much the stereotypical Halo fanboy. Blinded by loyalty and would defend even the worst elements of the game. All the books, legendary and/or collector's editions across the board, even some of the shitty Megablocks sets. Now, I find myself not giving a damn about the franchise anymore. I'm going to sit here and wait for reviews on H5. Even then, I probably won't buy it until a sale. I expect it to be a buggy, broken mess. Why shouldn't I? Everything 343i has put out has been so far.

Don't forget the botched roll out of their Reach bloom patch that cratered populations for that game

Or the Halo 4 season pass debacle, that's when they started getting used to straight up lying to their fanbase to cover their errors

rQzSUCF.png

This is kind of what customers do. I hear it almost every other day in my line of work whe a customer is dissatisfied with a product. It might be a bit annoying to hear, but if a customer has a bad experience then of course they have a right to inform you that your product issues are discouraging them from buying your products. Could have been worded a bit better, but I've certainly seen worst.

After MCC, I wouldn't pay full price for halo 5 either. I'm only getting it as I received a $50 promo anyhow and I still plan to wait until release.

Of course you do.

Come on now.

Tbh, I'm still a bit peeved about when I called MS to get my MCC refund during the holidays. I kept telling them stinkles from Gaf said it was cool, but they acted all funny as if they didn't know a stinkles.

Top Bottom