• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo MCC Season 2 Finals Plagued with Issues - Numerous Disconnects Mid-Match

mod abuse:
Again, this was a Live issue, not an MCC code issue.

Been watching the Halo Championship Series yesterday/today and this tournament, easily, has had the most amount of issues I've ever seen for something of this scale. The biggest single problem so far was the decent amount of time where matches could not be played because a connection could not be made to Xbox Live (XB1 consoles require at least one system to have a constant online connection for a LAN) but there have also been an incredible amount of disconnects as well. Not sure if those are tied to that same Live requirement or just an MCC issue. Just take a look at the thread for the stream and see how many posts are about match disconnects - how can Microsoft/343 expect folk to care about competitive Halo when this happens at their big event?

As a big fan of Halo this has been incredibly disappointing to see and highlights how important good offline support - both on the game and console - really is. I now have enough consoles in my circle of friends to host a XB1 LAN for MCC but if the big finish to HCS can't run smoothly how can I expect to do so with even more systems on my home network? Guess I'm sticking with 360s for the foreseeable future.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Honestly at this point Master Chief Collection is one of, if not THE biggest fuck up ever.

I mean, I still have achievements not popping for completing levels.

Welfare

If they are having issues connecting to Live, Halo 5 is fucked.

Also, is something happening with XBL? I haven't seen them have this many issues.

HTupolev

Based on the last few times I've joined in for weekly custom game nights, MCC seems to be acting especially badly recently. Numerous issues with game chat and party stability.

Card Boy

Banned
MCC gotta be one of the biggest fuck-ups of the generation.

The single player works flawlessly for all 5 campaigns. They need to fix the online for sure though.

- Add multi-mode queuing
- Allow us to continue playing with the same people after a match finishes instead of going back to the menu
- Reduce the loading
- Add late join for online
- Matches should be found instantaneously

People love to shit on the COD series but from putting the disk in I can get into a online match in like 45 seconds tops. This is the type of online MCC needs.

woodland

Yes it is. The game works like a game in its first week of launch. The game still has many problems, and there hasn't been a patch in almost 2 months now.

Have they even talked about an MCC patch in their updates lately? I haven't heard of anyone talking about it.

Fucking sucks. Would've loved to see H1-H3 with a thriving online population. Instead, we got this.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
The single player works flawlessly for all 5 campaigns. They need to fix the online for sure though.

- Add multi-mode queuing
- Allow us to continue playing with the same people after a match finishes instead of going back to the menu
- Reduce the loading

People love to shit on the COD series but from putting the disk in I can get into a online match in like 45 seconds tops. This is the type of online MCC needs.

Well no. I'm still having achievement issues and I still get dropped games when trying to play co op. So no, single player isn't flawless by any stretch.

Toki767

Have they even talked about an MCC patch in their updates lately? I haven't heard of anyone talking about it.

Fucking sucks. Would've loved to see H1-H3 with a thriving online population. Instead, we got this.

They're in Halo 5 push mode. I imagine in a couple months they won't even be talking about this game at all.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
this is one of them games ill happily buy used not new.

The game is still not in a consistently playable state and there hasn't been any patches or updates from 343 for the last month or two. It's absolutely disgusting. I can't get a game in over half of the playlists and some playlists like Big Team take 10-15 minutes to get a game. I have open NAT and every other game works fine. Fuck 343 you are a fucking disgrace.

Ghazi

- Add multi-mode queuing
- Reduce the loading

Nah, I still have issues in singeplayer. Especially in co op campaign sessions. They are certainly much better than they were at launch, but definitely not flawless.

Brannon

I want MCC to be patched to perfection. It's the defining Xbox franchise. It deserves better :(

This will never happen,

Just... how? How is MCC still not functioning at 100%?

Because 343 is Benjamin Giraud,

I'm not even surprised. Especially after the first season ended the way it did

Known try-hard and known to be sloppy,

Honestly at this point Master Chief Collection is one of, if not THE biggest fuck up ever.

I mean, I still have achievements not popping for completing levels.

And assed games have bad records, everybody knows that.

you're totally not gonna get this unless you #huntthetruth

MCC gotta be one of the biggest fuck-ups of the generation.

of any generation.

- Add multi-mode queuing
- Reduce the loading

just to maintain perspective: most of us didn't keep coming back to Halo to play more SP, with Halo 1 being the exception to that rule. Halo is about MP, so nobody really gives a shit if the campaigns are working if the MP is not. I'd be like us talking about Gears of War Ultimate Edition having kick-ass SP...but oops the MP is fucked up. Nobody will care if the SP is good because it's the MP that defined the franchise over the years. It's the MP of these games that change them from being a 20-hour lifetime commitment to a 2,000 hour lifetime commitment. That they are still fucked up for the most storied franchise Microsoft has is beyond shameful.

prwxv3

Who at Microsoft thought that online requirement for LAN was a good idea? Did they have any idea why LAN parties are popular (with some of their own games even)?

The One (and I'd guess the PS4 too) doesn't system link support at the OS/game level, right?

Why, why, oh why, have they not given it that?

Disconnects happened during the first HCS didn't it?
That should have been enough to signal system link -had- to happen.

Edit: Gears is going to have it?
Wow, apparently it does.
"System link kind of went away with this generation, but we just explained [to Microsoft] the importance of this to us," Fergusson said in an interview with GameSpot regarding LAN support in Gears of War: Ultimate Edition. "Competitive players want to be able to go to a hotel ballroom and have an event, and LAN support is an important part of that, so we just pushed on it and we got that exception."
Jeez. Good job Ferguson & co.

Jigorath

Banned
It's not just a switch you can flip off.

Are you on the development team?

XS5LK.gif

Top Bottom