• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo MCC Season 2 Finals Plagued with Issues - Numerous Disconnects Mid-Match

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
It's pretty sad that this game will probably never get fixed. If it does get fixed, no one will care because the community will be gone, either to Halo 5 or leaving outright if the latter has the same problems Halo 4 did in terms of keeping up player interest.

It will be weird to look back at this whole situation at the end of the generation. I think it is lucky that Halo 5 will have been released only a year after MCC and not two.

RSB

Banned
Yeah, I've been watching the tournament and it's been pretty ridiculous (and sad) So many disconnects...

The Xbox Live requirement for LAN is just stupid. They better drop that shit for Halo 5.

Juanfp

Sub 720p resolutions and frame drops when the game was 4 months out. MCC has plenty of frame drops. We won't know how 5's mp holds up til it's out. I'll let others test it and then look for a cheap used copy if it isn't crap. Even if Halo 5 needed a delay, it won't happen. Good luck, 343.

Oh no, an unfinish game is unfinish before the launch date. Damn 343, your game most be perfect by now.

Ontopic: I really don't know why the don't fix this. Or do a tournament with this problems.

railGUN

Banned
This shit should be criminal. In what other industry can you sell an objectively broken product to hundreds of thousands (millions?) of people with zero repercussions.

They ignore every question in regards to a new patch... i dont think that there is one coming anymore..

And dont get me started on Playlist management..

Jumpz seems you're having a horrible time with mcc. Would you want to party up and play some rounds with me? I have no problem getting matches. Maybe your IP address conflicts with halo servers?

Welfare

This shit should be criminal. In what other industry can you sell an objectively broken product to hundreds of thousands (millions?) of people with zero repercussions.

The repercussion is that Halo MCC is generally seen as a joke.

16BitNova

Wow having to have a system connected online for LAN just seems ridiculous. But hey #alwaysonlinefuture. We sure are ready.

huh? Why are people blaming MCC for this issue when it's obviously the XB1's fault for not having true LAN?

Since one XB1 requires internet for LAN, disconnects could happen at anytime

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
The One (and I'd guess the PS4 too) doesn't system link support at the OS/game level, right?

Why, why, oh why, have they not given it that?

Disconnects happened during the first HCS didn't it?
That should have been enough to signal system link -had- to happen.

Edit: Gears is going to have it?
Wow, apparently it does.

Jeez. Good job Ferguson & co.

MCC can run on a LAN connection if everyone is on the same network but the console requirement of an Xbox Live connection is still required by at least one of the LAN systems in order to work. Loose the connection and you're done.

Not true as far as I know - the PS4 can do system link without constantly calling home to PSN. When PSN was down, my partner and I could play LAN MP perfectly.

With Halo MCC, when XBL was up, our 'system link' connection was unusable - our H2A session was unplayable. This was from a month ago. Disgraceful.

Jumpz seems you're having a horrible time with mcc. Would you want to party up and play some rounds with me? I have no problem getting matches. Maybe your IP address conflicts with halo servers?

I dont have an issue with finding matches ;) I never said that. But im still expecting improvement in regards to matchmaking times, load times etc

I agree, but many have brought it up, in Battlefront threads. It also didn't take a year for BF4 to fix the server issues that plagued the game at launch.

I dont get why people say that Battlefield 4 was broken... it wasnt as broken MCC or even broken at all.
Yes it crashed here and there but it wasnt impossible to play a Multiplayer Match at launch in BF4.

Cant say the same for MCC. Queue times up to hours and no match.

BF4? Server Browser or Quick Match and in seconds on a Map.

BF4 was stable for me after the big patch in december it got better and better after that.

MCC still has a lot of issues and bugs. They dont even try to improve netcode and hitdetection for the MCC titles.

I dont have an issue with finding matches ;) I never said that. But im still expecting improvement in regards to matchmaking times, load times etc

I dont get why people say that Battlefield 4 was broken... it wasnt as broken MCC or even broken at all.
Yes it crashed here and there but it wasnt impossible to play a Multiplayer Match at launch in BF4.

Cant say the same for MCC. Queue times up to hours and no match.

BF4? Server Browser or Quick Match and in seconds on a Map.

BF4 was stable for me after the big patch in december it got better and better after that.

MCC still has a lot of issues and bugs. They dont even try to improve netcode and hitdetection for the MCC titles.

Party up with me! Let's film the load times! I bet it's under a minute if it's more I'll stop posting.

I don't remember the last time a game hurt so bad. Halo was my game when I was in my teens. I always played every new release on legendary with my brother (split screen). I couldn't wait to buy an xbone when it was announced and pretty much bought an xbone for the MCC. I figured when it released with issues, "Hey, it's alot of content. No big deal. It'll be fixed soon." Now? I no longer have an xbone and don't even care about Halo 5. Which, if you knew me, is a HUGE deal. I'm just one of many that were so disappointed with the game and its post-release patches that will likely never touch a Halo game again. So...any new piece of news regarding MCC, I'm just reminded of my fallen friend. It sucks, man.

93xfan

Banned
At some point they probably said it would just be easier to allow bc than fix this game. I really think MS owes it to their fans to fix this game completely- beyond all expectations.

This is why I haven't pre-ordered Halo 5

RE_Player

Bigger than Driveclub for me.
One of the biggest fuck ups I can remember, period.

It's a shame, because when the MP works it's just so good.
Driveclub isn't even that huge of a fuck up compared to this. Yeah the Plus edition got delayed but the actual game was fixed after a couple weeks and has actually morphed into a solid driving title with its loyal base of fans. MCC will never be truly fixed from the looks of things.

I was playing some earlier today and had a lot of fun.

It doesn't feel tournament ready though. Still lots of long waits for connections and people dropping. I don't know why they would have even considered it.

hawk2025

The single player works flawlessly for all 5 campaigns. They need to fix the online for sure though.

- Add multi-mode queuing
- Allow us to continue playing with the same people after a match finishes instead of going back to the menu
- Reduce the loading
- Add late join for online
- Matches should be found instantaneously

People love to shit on the COD series but from putting the disk in I can get into a online match in like 45 seconds tops. This is the type of online MCC needs.

...Flawlessly?

It still drops frames everywhere, including and especially in Halo CE, it still has assy 30fps animations in Halo CE, it still is riddled with geometry issues, it still bugs achievements, it still runs terribly in couch co-op.

It's a mid-range remaster at best right now as a whole package, with varying degrees between great and terrible depending on the game and the co-op type you are playing. Flawless is the last word I'd use.

Editing -- the single player suite and campaigns is fantastic value and works well enough so that players can have a great time with it. I don't mean to say it doesn't. But it does NOT deliver the 60fps experience we were promised once we move beyond single player, and it most certainly is not even close to flawless. Despite being significantly better than the multiplayer, it still feels like it's somewhat held together with duct tape once you go anywhere beyond single player only, or if you spend any significant amount of time with the updated Halo CE. Again, it's not that it's broken, but it feels like a mid-range remaster as a whole package (even taking into consideration the work on Halo 2), rather than a top of the line one. The idea that it's flawless is crazy to me.

Party up with me! Let's film the load times! I bet it's under a minute if it's more I'll stop posting.

What are you trying now? I dont have to film load times. I can rank all games in order in regards to load times. H2A is the worst... Load times = Loading a map ;)

Finding people is horrible especially when only 1 more men is needed.

Its still a horrible experience overall.

What are you trying now? I dont have to film load times. I can rank all games in order in regards to load times. H2A is the worst... Load times = Loading a map ;)

Finding people is horrible especially when only 1 more men is needed.

Its still a horrible experience overall.
My connection must be faster than yours. If you want to play Halo with a fast connection feel free to hit me up!

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
At some point they probably said it would just be easier to allow bc than fix this game. I really think MS owes it to their fans to fix this game completely- beyond all expectations.

This is why I haven't pre-ordered Halo 5

How MS would allow 343 to (continually) tarnish their flagship franchise without laying some serious smackdown on 343's management is bemusing.

My connection must be faster than yours. If you want to play Halo with a fast connection feel free to hit me up!

It seems like you dont understand me...

Connection has nothing to do with finding people.. i can find people in seconds in Titanfall or CoD. Same for Halo on 360.

It seems like you dont understand me...

Connection has nothing to do with finding people.. i can find people in seconds in Titanfall or CoD. Same for Halo on 360.
You said you had problems with matchmaking times. I figure if you join my party that maybe it would help. Anyways you're full of shit and the competition is amazing. Cloud 9 is rippin it!

Still on the fence on which console to purchase. This doesn't help. I think of myself as a semi pro, so I need a solid connection. Microsoft keeps on digging holes. Go figure, I used to play halo split screen with all my friends during my time in Iraq.

I thought you were on the fence, did this thread put you over the edge?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Honestly they'd probably be better off just starting from scratch at this point.

Xbox 4U launch title will be Halo: Locke and Chief Collection.

You said you had problems with matchmaking times. I figure if you join my party that maybe it would help. Anyways you're full of shit and the competition is amazing. Cloud 9 is rippin it!
Jesus man, what crawled up your ass?

Frankie gets pissed at this community for dragging 343 through the mud, but this is the reason why it happens.

I'm in the same boat, but have made peace with it at this point. =(

What exactly does he get pissed about? That millions of people dropped cash on a broken product and are complaining about it? Would he rather the company not be called out and for everything to be brushed under the carpet?

Like i said you dont understand me. I never said "problems". I said it still takes way too long to find people which has nothing to do with my connection. Its not on my end. Everyone in my friendslist has the same matchmaking times if not sometimes worse.

And wtf? Nice argument here buddy.... nice start

Jesus man, what crawled up your ass?
Yeah i dont get it either.

hawk2025

You know what, nevermind.

For zillionth the time, MCC was outsourced to multiple studios. It was not actively developed internally at 343. It was being developed alongside Halo 5, so I'm sure Microsoft was an active participant in the decision to ultimately outsource the title.

For the zillionth+1 time, they were the project managers on putting everything together, so that's where the buck stops. Which 343 themselves will tell you in their dozens of apologies.

harSon

Banned
How MS would allow 343 to (continually) tarnish their flagship franchise without laying some serious smackdown on 343's management is bemusing.

For zillionth the time, MCC was outsourced to multiple studios. It was not actively developed internally at 343. It was being developed alongside Halo 5, so I'm sure Microsoft was an active participant in the decision to ultimately outsource the title.

Like i said you dont understand me. I never said "problems". I said it still takes way too long to find people which has nothing to do with my connection. Its not on my end. Everyone in my friendslist has the same matchmaking times if not sometimes worse.

And wtf? Nice argument here buddy.... nice start
I'm saying party up with my moms Xbox and let's get matches going. I don't get it. Film our match load times and if it's over a min I'll stop posting.

Yeah i saw a few disconnects here. Its bad. I remember Blizzcon 2014 the SC2 finals were having some nasty issues. Tournament ran way late for whatever reason. Hoping Halo 5 turns out better. They did do a beta a year out.

Doesn't matter if it was outsourced or not when at the end of the day their name is on the product. If 343 was gonna get all the credit if the product was a success then they deserve all the criticism for it being in the state the game is presently.

You can stop trolling buddy. Your xbox is not some magic machine that produces faster search times.
My mothers Xbox must be special. And I'm calling you out for constantly shitting on mcc,or anything related to halo. If you want to talk shit least back it up. Otherwise lets party up! I'll get us in match within a minute.

My mothers Xbox must be special. And I'm calling you out for constantly shitting on mcc,or anything related to halo. If you want to talk shit least back it up. Otherwise lets party up! I'll get us in match within a minute.

How is JumPeRJumPzZ shitting on MCC when he's... not shitting on MCC? o_O

LOL
Seriosly whats your mission?

I think you dont know what "shitting on MCC" is.

I dont have to back it up, everyone experiences the same. Ask people here, watch a stream etc.

Im not going to party up with someone that starts pointless attacks.

Top Bottom