• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo MCC Season 2 Finals Plagued with Issues - Numerous Disconnects Mid-Match

Cow

343incompetence.

I bought my Xbox one just for this and I can't get a game outside of two playlists at the moment. What a way to decimate any older fan base they still had.

I'm not touching another Halo game until MCC is fixed.

Sydle

How MS would allow 343 to (continually) tarnish their flagship franchise without laying some serious smackdown on 343's management is bemusing.

Here's hoping Spencer has some three strike rule. If 343 messes up Halo 5 then he needs to clean house.

harSon

Banned
Doesn't matter if it was outsourced or not when at the end of the day their name is on the product. If 343 was gonna get all the credit if the product was a success then they deserve all the criticism for it being in the state the game is presently.

That's such faulty logic though, especially in the context of being fearful of the state of Halo 5 at release. It's the equivalent of a QB having otherworldly numbers but losing, and having to take the blame for the loss since the QB position is placed on a pedestal. It's all meaningless posturing and rhetoric. They say it because they're expected to in our society. If you're going to be weary of the working state of Halo 5 at release, pick a factor that's actually relevant. The fact that they continually stray away from the Halo formula for example. Or the fact that they ignore community input. Or maybe you're protesting the Microsoft/343 for the state of MCC. But at the end of the day, the working state of games they've actively had a hand in personally developing has never been an issue in their existence as a development studio. To somehow link MCC's technical shortcomings as a likely outcome for Halo 5's release is ridiculous given the facts.

LOL
Seriosly whats your mission?

I think you dont know what "shitting on MCC" is.

I dont have to back it up, everyone experiences the same. Ask people here, watch a stream etc.

Im not going to party up with someone that starts pointless attacks.
You said waiting for matches was a pain. I offered partying up to show you my mothers internet must be better. That's all. Again. If you have troubles getting matches feel free to party up with me. I have no problem getting matches. Must have the special edition. She does have a chief statue above her bed. Idk

Abdiel

My mothers Xbox must be special. And I'm calling you out for constantly shitting on mcc,or anything related to halo. If you want to talk shit least back it up. Otherwise lets party up! I'll get us in match within a minute.

Hey, you can, uh, stop the super aggressive posting. These problems are still documented. I can personally attest that we have people complaining about issues with the MCC at our stores, and the policy for accepting returns on opened copies of the game is still in effect in the stores in my district.

So please. Stop talking like you are the rule, because it's obviously not the truth.

OEM

Hell, if he's getting BTB matches in under a minute, I'm tempted to party up so I can get some matches in.

Me too, been playing this since last 3 months non stop. No issue what so ever. The tournament problem is more to do with XBL issues.

I traded this game in after i gave up on it ever working as it should.

Even campaign performance is shit.

Between this and all the removal of split screen for halo5 its clear their talent cannot come close to meeting their ambition/competence.

Hopefully they can prove me wrong.

imo people should be avoiding battlefront as well after the fuck up that was B4. It took them a year to make that game in a condition that it should have been at launch.

But everyone seems to be forgetting that.

Because battlefield was at least playable. Not to mention it works now. MCC still exhibits problems from day one. I can respect a company that at least worked to resolve the issues and I was playing fine for the most part after a week. There were issues, but it was at least playable. I couldn't play MCC for months. Even trying co-op campaign didn't work.

LOL
Seriosly whats your mission?

I think you dont know what "shitting on MCC" is.

I dont have to back it up, everyone experiences the same. Ask people here, watch a stream etc.

Im not going to party up with someone that starts pointless attacks.

Well, sauerkraut contains 939 mg of sodium (39% daily value) per 142 grams, so maybe that explains his aggressive behavior.

Hey, you can, uh, stop the super aggressive posting. These problems are still documented. I can personally attest that we have people complaining about issues with the MCC at our stores, and the policy for accepting returns on opened copies of the game is still in effect in the stores in my district.

So please. Stop talking like you are the rule, because it's obviously not the truth.
Sorry if I came off as aggressive. I thought I came off as more logical. Like I said in my previous post, maybe my mothers Internet and Xbox had a special connection.

You said waiting for matches was a pain. I offered partying up to show you my mothers internet must be better. That's all. Again. If you have troubles getting matches feel free to party up with me. I have no problem getting matches. Must have the special edition. She does have a chief statue above her bed. Idk

And again. I never said that i have trouble getting matches. Im simply talking about the amounf ot time getting a full lobby.

And im really starting to believe that you are a troll or something...

And again. I never said that i have trouble getting matches. Im simply talking about the amounf ot time getting a full lobby.

Full lobbies takes under a minute. That's my point. Not a troll. Just calling you out. That's all.

OEM

Perhaps that has more to do with less people in your region playing it?

Abdiel

Sorry if I came off as aggressive. I thought I came off as more logical. Like I said in my previous post, maybe my mothers Internet and Xbox had a special connection.

Telling people to stop talking shit in regards to issues that are clearly documented as a wide spectrum problem is combative and aggressive. No one is pushing some agenda in the thread. It's a discussion of a long running issue with a single game. Challenging people the way you are wouldn't prove anything. Like I said, challenging people in your situation wouldn't do anything. That would make you the exception not the rule.

Mechazawa

The fact that there hasn't been any more patches since May is pathetic. This should have been a game Microsoft was banking to have one of the longest tooth for the entire generation and now it feels like they're just sweeping it under the rug.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Sauerkraut, can I borrow your mom's internet? I always have a lot of trouble getting into BTB matches.

Fox Mulder

The fact that there hasn't been any more patches since May is pathetic. This should have been a game Microsoft was banking to have one of the longest tooth for the entire generation and now it feels like they're just sweeping it under the rug.

all hands on halo 5 wrap up. MS got what they wanted out of the MCC for holiday sales, so they cobbled together a few patches to get it good enough and went on to other things.

fedexpeon

Banned

Will your mom make us brownies and chocolate milk too?
I will definitely want to go over your house if she does.
Man, it will be fun playing on a fast internet and eating party foods.

That's such faulty logic though, especially in the context of being fearful of the state of Halo 5 at release. It's the equivalent of a QB having otherworldly numbers but losing, and having to take the blame for the loss since the QB position is placed on a pedestal. It's all meaningless posturing and rhetoric. They say it because they're expected to in our society. If you're going to be weary of the working state of Halo 5 at release, pick a factor that's actually relevant. The fact that they continually stray away from the Halo formula for example. Or the fact that they ignore community input. Or maybe you're protesting the Microsoft/343 for the state of MCC. But at the end of the day, the working state of games they've actively had a hand in personally developing has never been an issue in their existence as a development studio. To somehow link MCC's technical shortcomings as a likely outcome for Halo 5's release is ridiculous given the facts.

What did my post have to do with halo 5? Your analogy has nothing to do with what I was commenting about.

Fat4all

Banned
This thread seems to have devolved into a sort of "load-truther" thread.

The game has had multiplayer issues for a while now. No one in here should have to prove anything through multiplayer.

el_Nikolinho

Neo Member
I've been able to find team slayer matches within 30seconds-1min in the last few months. And I'm in Australia.

BTB does take longer for sure.

Perhaps that has more to do with less people in your region playing it?

Im already getting matched with US people a lot. Especially in ranked. Its probably a combination if population and ranked level^^

Funny thing is when i tried the BTB list some days ago i got a full lobby in seconds and had a way better connection than in a 4v4 match. Same for my buddy i played with.

Effect

The single player works flawlessly for all 5 campaigns. They need to fix the online for sure though.

- Add multi-mode queuing
- Allow us to continue playing with the same people after a match finishes instead of going back to the menu
- Reduce the loading
- Add late join for online
- Matches should be found instantaneously

People love to shit on the COD series but from putting the disk in I can get into a online match in like 45 seconds tops. This is the type of online MCC needs.
The games don't have the ability for you to join after a match has already started if a spot is open due to someone leaving!? I always assumed it had that.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The games don't have the ability for you to join after a match has already started if a spot is open due to someone leaving!? I always assumed it had that.

They'll never add it since Halo fans would lose their shit even though it would fix so many issues that Halo has had since 2004.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
For zillionth the time, MCC was outsourced to multiple studios. It was not actively developed internally at 343. It was being developed alongside Halo 5, so I'm sure Microsoft was an active participant in the decision to ultimately outsource the title.

And for the zillionth time, who was the showrunner and in charge of bringing it all together and in charge of supporting it after release? Which studio has their name plastered over it? But you're probably right that MS shares some of the blame here. The game still doesn't work 100% half a year after release and they're all 100% focused on their Halo 5 sprint while dumping split screen and LAN along the way.

I'd cut 343 more slack if they were still engaging with the community about MCC like they did earlier on, but their stance at the moment with MCC is radio silence.

OEM

Im already getting matched with US people a lot. Especially in ranked. Its probably a combination if population and ranked level^^

Funny thing is when i tried the BTB list some days ago i got a full lobby in seconds and had a way better connection than in a 4v4 match. Same for my buddy i played with.

I dont know man, seriously its working fine on my end. I dont have to wait more than a min for BTB to start. I usually find players within 30-40sec most of the time.

gave up on this months ago like most people. pretty funny that there are still so many issues. hopefully they fix it some day, it was the reason i bought an xbox one

Abdiel

If your mother or yourself doesn't own an Xbox than yes it's not functional. If you own one then it does work. Just have to pick your agenda.

Holy hell, man. Are you still pushing this line? I saw you chose not to reply to the whole, factual retail evidence aspect, or the continued list of documented issues that don't align with your specific line of intent.

It doesn't even come across as subtle. You're now accusing people who have legitimate issues as pushing an agenda. Are you kidding?

Sydle

Spencer wasn't the xboss when H4 came out and, what's more important, it's the best Halo campaign.

/runs

H4 may have the best campaign, but it has the most criticized multiplayer of the series.

Halo has a legacy as a cornerstone of the Xbox Live community. I think Halo CE was the primary driver of the original Xbox even surviving and Halo 2 was the primary driver behind Xbox Live's early success. IIRC, H3 even held its own against COD in terms of weekly player count for a long time. It is (was?) Microsoft's most critical community-building game and the team overseeing its development has made immense mistakes on two big entries.

If H5 is anything less than flawless then I think the only way Spencer could get the community to give the franchise another chance would be to get new leadership in 343.

As for MCC, I think 343 needs to dedicate a full team rebuilding it and then re-release it as F2P. They shouldn't charge people for all the trouble it's caused.

Akai__

If your mother or yourself doesn't own an Xbox than yes it's not functional. If you own one then it does work. Just have to pick your agenda.

LMAO please. How come that we still have to deal with any of this bullshit then (turn down speakers): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Exx1_J1Dvg

Fun fact, I was at my friends place today in order to unlock the 4 Player on Bloodgulch on one console achievement. The map didn't load 17 times. 17 fucking crashes back to back, with 3 power cycles and trying to get it to work while completely offline.

Say what you want, but the game is not nearly as functional as it should be. The crashes at the tournament and crashes being reported from several users should be a clue, but go ahead and call it an agenda.

Top Bottom