• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

I don't think it's a Forge map, and I do kinda like the visuals. It seems to be a Spartan Training ground, using some crazy tech. So canonically, it's like a hi-tech The Pit.

Also, he seems to say the map changes and shifts as you play, which could be really cool.

JYDCKig.jpg

FmMKvPt.jpg

I1HUt5V.jpg

Work in progress, imgur jpg, etc, etc but those textures look like shit.

Map looks pretty cool though.

-Ryn

Banned
Oh, I'm not trying to say there aren't any issues with sprint, or that the points raised aren't legitimate concerns. However it annoys me when people try to pass their subjective opinions off as objective fact.
I know you weren't bro. Your post just made me want to go ahead and make the point I did. :)

I can see where your coming from and appreciate the reply, your definitely right, where the idea originated from does not necessarily mean it can't be a nice addition and agree fully that 343 has done some things as good if not better then when Bungie was in control, hiring pros being a great example. For me though, sprint crosses the line and breaks key functions of what made Halo appealing.

I would be up for some games! I managed to get MCC a little early so if you have a One add my gamertag, its Keys Open Doors.

100% agreed
Definitely dude. Would love to play some MCC when I get an Xbone.

I can understand where you're coming from as well. I just think that there is a solid middle ground that can be reached ya know?

The Halo Channel's latest Bulletin update has that inside look at 343 video. In the video there are different scenes of whiteboards, one of them notes this: "Priority #2: Spectator Cam".
I wonder what Priority #1 was
#butts

Nice catch OddOne

Huge snowstorm here.
Campus just closed. No classes today, or tomorrow. Work from home today.

This just made my damn day.
Dude. Mother Nature doin' you a solid. Or the universe. Either one.

Holy shit I woke up just in time

no

No

NOOOOOOOO
Dude you scared the shit out of me for a second. I think that is just what the dude calls the thruster pack though.

Computer

Why are Halo reviews done by people that don't know what Halo is?

Graphics are meh/

Map looks like they are about to play paintball.

belushy

Banned
I don't think it's a Forge map, and I do kinda like the visuals. It seems to be a Spartan Training ground, using some crazy tech. So canonically, it's like a hi-tech The Pit.

Also, he seems to say the map changes and shifts as you play, which could be really cool.

It looks like the map gets bigger. If you look behind the shield thing surrounding the map, there is more walking space.

Work in progress, imgur jpg, etc, etc but those textures look like shit.

Map looks pretty cool though.

Yeah, I noticed that. Really poor textures. But I suppose that's sort of a dumb thing to complain about, considering it's a year from release :p

Also, gamingside is already combusting. SMH.

Can we please make gold the standard visor color? I do not like those blue ones at all.

---

So, yeah, this confirms the leaked details from a few days ago.

-No loadouts, no armor abilities.
New 'Spartan abilities' that everyone always has:
-Double jump
-Thruster pack
-sprinting
-'sprint melee/tackle'
-'ground pound' melee
-the ability to vault/climb over objects via an animation when jumping

belushy

Banned
Alternatively, the map could be getting smaller. Each time someone dies maybe the shield comes in a bit? Or maybe just over time so matches don't last too long.

Raide

Alternatively, the map could be getting smaller. Each time someone dies maybe the shield comes in a bit? Or maybe just over time so matches don't last too long.

Maybe the map changes shape to keep people on their toes....damn, thats a good Forge idea...

Now that's an interesting idea, if they do it right. A shrinking map, so over time the conflicts get more intense and more frequent.

jem0208

That would make a lot of sense, especially if the map is tied to the breakout mode.

I'm really glad that Breakout is a real thing.

There's a game which has something quite similar to this and it works really well. It's called Shootmania, doubt anyone here has played it. It shows that the shrinking map idea works well though.

Edit: Gah' Damn at the reaction in Gamingside. Didn't anyone learn from yesterday?

Can we please make gold the standard visor color? I do not like those blue ones at all.

---

So, yeah, this confirms the leaked details from a few days ago.

-No loadouts, no armor abilities.
New 'Spartan abilities' that everyone always has:
-Double jump
-Thruster pack
-sprinting
-'sprint melee/tackle'
-'ground pound' melee

343 i triying to make their game but why call it Halo ? Just call this shit another game because it's not Halo..I

This preview is so bad, we have no way of knowing what it is. Hell, it might not even be called that.

The guy barely knows English apparently, so I'm not even sure if the smart scope is a real thing

Given that he has broken embargo, has no idea what Midship is, and thinks such a thing as a "beam sword" exists, I wouldn't read too much into him using the term "smart scope". Could literally mean anything. Or nothing.

True, but he was mentioning getting headshots easily, I thought (making it seem like the super-pro Smart Pistol in Titanfall)... looks like they took down the article though.

The spartans look kinda weird and that maps is totally made with Forge, textures look very poor.

Looks like you kinda leave footprints on the grid you walk.

RoKKeR

Why is 343 incessant on using blue visors as the default for Spartans.

Why??? It looks so stupid.

Anyways the preview was terribly written, will wait for tonight.

This. I'm not sure why 343 is such a fan of these dull desaturated colors. A tad bit of an increase in the saturation makes a nice difference.

LbOY650.gif

4ize6iY.gif

Much better. Throw that on the "beta suggestions" pile for sure.

True, but he was mentioning getting headshots easily, I thought (making it seem like the super-pro Smart Pistol in Titanfall)... looks like they took down the article though.

Didn't the smart pistol end up being one of the worst weapons in the game? It's been a while, but last I played nobody was using it after their first few matches.

nillapuddin

Yeah, Halo man looks great in those screenshots. Glad Uzi's and Rocket packs are coming to the Halo. Deathmatch sounds fun, I like the exo suit design also. Also, have you heard of call of duty advanced war fighter, or ghost recons future pilot? You will find similar gameplay when you see the Halo 5.

jelly

Like the map style, armour is better than Halo 4 which wouldn't be hard, bit close to future sports but looks fairly decent in those screens.

-Ryn

Banned
Did this guys just say "Boost-Dashing"?

...weird and... mostly badly written preview aside; this map looks kickass. If it changes during gameplay that is also really cool. Would love to see how that mixes up the matches.

The Spartans armor texture look weird. Kinda missing the shiny glossy look they had before. That looked next gen as fuck. Will have to wait and see what's up though. Glad to see the Recruit helmet is returning though.

This. I'm not sure why 343 is such a fan of these dull desaturated colors. A tad bit of an increase in the saturation makes a nice difference.

LbOY650.gif

4ize6iY.gif
Nice edit dude. That looks way better. I really hope they bring back the vivid red that we saw in the renders.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Maybe the map changes shape to keep people on their toes....damn, thats a good Forge idea...

Would be possible if the scripting allows time based events.

Well on a limited scale involving the scriptable objects in place.

jelly

[/B]

Does that kinda kill pixel perfect jumping tricks as the game will try to initiate the animation or not register at all. It looks cool in BF but your losing freedom of movement. Wait and see how in the video later.

Mix

Why is 343 incessant on using blue visors as the default for Spartans.

Why??? It looks so stupid.

Anyways the preview was terribly written, will wait for tonight.

I'm pretty sure these are old models, the only thing that looks new are the feet and the hands, probably because you can see both in first person view, but other than that it looks the same.

Does that kinda kill pixel perfect jumping tricks as the game will try to initiate the animation or not register at all. It looks cool in BF but your losing freedom of movement. Wait and see how in the video later.

It's probably the thing I am upset the most about. The other things I will take a wait and see approach, but I know for a fact that I do not want that in Halo MP.

RoKKeR

I'm pretty sure these are old models, the only thing that looks new are the feet and the hands, probably because you can see both in first person view, but other than that it looks the same.

Yeah they look directly ripped from H4. Don't really share anything in common with the IGN stuff from last week.

Anyone have a cached version of that page.

Looks like it was taken down.

Not worth your time reading. Just wait for the official stuff.

Ein Bear

Halo Master Chief Collection install progress:

Halo 1: 27%
Halo 2: 32%
Halo 3: 0%
Multiplayer: 22%

Halo 4: 100%

Don't mock me, 343!

VinFTW

Those of you discussing the latest Bulletin on the Halo Channel and the pause at 1:05 you can see the list of Spartan AAs:

- Smart Scope (oh god wtf is this :()
- Thruster Pack
- Stabilizer (hover)
- Spartan charge (which if you look to the far left monitor you can see as hes sprinting his
< > reticule goes green over a friendly indicating a requirement for spartan charge to be sprinting
- Ground pound
- can't read last one

-Ryn

Banned
By the way guys, looks like that honeycomb is back in the visors. Though that may be limited to certain helmets and as Mix said it might be because they are old models.

Raide

Would be possible if the scripting allows time based events.

Well on a limited scale involving the scriptable objects in place.

No idea. It could be done with switches and maybe you can activate them in volume areas so they trigger when you step in. Damn I need MCC to test!!!

RoKKeR

Those of you discussing the latest Bulletin on the Halo Channel and the pause at 1:05 you can see the list of Spartan AAs:

- Smart Scope (oh god wtf is this :()
- Thruster Pack
- Stabilizer (hover)
- Spartan charge (which if you look to the far left monitor you can see as hes sprinting his
< > reticule goes green over a friendly indicating a requirement for spartan charge to be sprinting
- Ground pound
- can't read last one

Uhhh...

What.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Have a feeling they're gonna have to delay halo 5 because they are gonna hhave to overhaul everything and they can't do that in one year

This just sounds awful. Truly awful.

Top Bottom