• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Ryn

Banned
Those seem like some criticisms I have lobbed and some that I would had I played the game. Regarding the trick jumps/removal of crouch jumps, Josh did mention on the 343 Twitch stream tonight that they're thinking about that. He was coming at it from the angle of bunny hoping and things like that but regardless they're aware of the lack of a crouch jump is a concern.
Didn't Josh say a while ago that crouch jumping was still in the game?

RdN

I know people don't like the spartan chatter, but I find it impressive how contextual it actually is.

Agreed, it's very well made. I just think they should tone down the chatter about weapon pick ups. I really don't need to know if a guy on my side got the DMR.

Madness

Liking Spartan Charge, Thruster, and clamber. Can't believe I thought I'd like like clamber but I do.

Dislike with a passion ADS. Even with stabilizer off its just off-putting. AR and SMG just obliterate with ADS at close to mid. Haven't done ground pound once yet, saw some guy try it on me from top of Midship, he was left vulnerable. They'd be better off just removing it altogether I think.

Sprint is whatever. Talked at length of its problems and like I said, since you're basically forced to sprint it feels cheap being penalized with shield stopping recharge. Maybe I'll overcome it. Base movement is too slow without sprint for my taste though. But seriously, ADS needs to go. Give me classic click/zoom any day.

DeadNames

Banned
But seriously, ADS needs to go. Give me classic click/zoom any day.

Yup. It's ugly as sin to boot.

Overall there's just too much noise in the game. A lot of beeps, music, grunts, and callouts from other spartans. Just too much aural stimulation.

Edit: ugh those end of screen poses.

Finally went positive! :D

And yes, my team won, so I wasn't just tooling around :p

Feedback: ATM, I think that the tackle is fairly well balanced. I've been able to use it once or twice to good effect, but you need to pick and choose your moments, since there seems to be a very real chance that you'll just end up charging past your intended target, at which point you're probably dead :p

Yup. It's ugly as sin to boot.

Overall there's just too much noise in the game. A lot of beeps, music, grunts, and callouts from other spartans. Just too much aural stimulation.

Edit: ugh those end of screen poses.

I don't think it's so bad; AR and Pistol ADS are actually fairly nice looking, IMO.

Also, I'm kind of loving the sound design. Nowadays, when I play H2C, it's just so... quiet. A little bit unnervingly so, honestly.

A Halo community feedback program was announced on The Bulletin. Here's the link:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/halo-community-feedback-program

Already signed up. This a great idea and I'm really looking forward to taking the surverys.

Also, the second episode of The Sprint is up. Thought it was great. Really love seeing the art side of things; specifically Vic and Sparth.

I just signed up and am really excited to be able to give feedback straight to 343i. My only complaint is that I wish there would be more than one survey a month, I love taking them and wouldn't mind dedicating a good chunk of time to one that revolves around Halo.

Omni

Downloading beta now. About ten percent through. Should be able to play tonight when I get home. A big thank you to a certain lurker for giving me the codes

Honestly can't wait to give it a shot

Also. ODST being free is fantastic. Is Firefight being included? 'cause that would be the icing on the cake. Either way I'm happy.

Madness

Sprinting with the prophets bane on Midship is bad. There is too much light noise/light distraction. The map already has a lot of orange lighting, haze and the glow off the prophets bane makes it tough to engage or see players clearly.

Sadly, for whatever reason, Firefight is not included.

"It's ok guys, we still have Spartan Ops!"

dodge-a-wrench-dodge-a-ball-o.gif

Mix

DOWNLOAD IS STILL NOT DONE. It's been going for 7 freakin' hours, I need a new ISP. That being said, I'm looking forward to it, seems a lot of 343 are actually listening to feedback already and people seem really happy overall.

Download now at 86%

Mix

Watching the bulletin, probably gonna catch today's Sprint tomorrow, but I just realized that Midship has changed since it's reveal at Gamescom.

Zoolader

Wow... Battlefield 4 is $5 on pc at gamestop. Looks like I'll have a new fps to play while all of you get to enjoy the MCC and H5 beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom