• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving the new pistol in Halo 5. It's rate of fire is slower than the beta, but if you compare it to CE it's almost the same. I saw some pretty long range headshot kills with the pistol in WarZone.

I am very pleased.

AlStrong

They'd get slaughtered by the press and the GAF if they went 30/60, even though 30fps is far more cinematic for cutscenes.

howdisgusting.png

I really wish 343i would've taken the approach Naughty Dog is in the sense that SP will be 30fps while MP is 60fps.

I'd be curious about an option for it (30fps higher res, 60fps & whatever res it turns out to be -> user choice).

The cut-scenes are seemingly already running 30fps judging by the 60fps clip.

He kills some humans during the events of #huntthetruth. Halo 5 opens before this happens in-canon so it's possible we'll play that out or see it happen via cinematics
?

Awesome, thanks. I need to check #huntthetruth out. I don't know why I spoilered this, just in case I guess.

Loving the new pistol in Halo 5. It's rate of fire is slower than the beta, but if you compare it to CE it's almost the same. I saw some pretty long range headshot kills with the pistol in WarZone.

I am very pleased.

I loved the fast fire rate, but if this makes the pistol more feasible as a competent precision weapon, so be it.

Akai__

They'd get slaughtered by the press and the GAF if they went 30/60, even though 30fps is far more cinematic for cutscenes.

Do you work for Ubisoft?

But I reserved it at the retailer. Will they ship it to me instead of getting it at the store like we always do with our LE's?

I used to get calls from Gamestop saying I can pick up the game, if it was available earlier. They will probably notify retailers, that they can give them out early, but you should ask this Stinkles or anyone else from 343i/MS.

link1201

Games still ending when the host quits in MCC, June 2015 folks
I wish it was dedis 100% of the time. I suppose when Halo 5 hits having dedis will be all that much sweeter. I was having a blast this past weekend until I starting getting kicked out. Ruined a really good ctf game. :/

Posted?
xgywg4L.jpg

"So what goodies are in REQ Packs? Each pack contains a variety of requisitions (REQs) in the form of unlockable weapons and armors, skins, assassination animations, and more. In addition, players will receive REQ Packs as rewards when they level up their Spartan Rank (SR) and complete Commendations across multiplayer."

Locking Assassinations behind RNG wall? Oh man. I already see bro-spartans at the end of the match return through these REQ Packs

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
"So what goodies are in REQ Packs? Each pack contains a variety of requisitions (REQs) in the form of unlockable weapons and armors, skins, assassination animations, and more. In addition, players will receive REQ Packs as rewards when they level up their Spartan Rank (SR) and complete Commendations across multiplayer."

Locking Assassinations behind RNG wall? Oh man. I already see bro-spartans at the end of the match return through these REQ Packs

$50 for a chest bump to hi-five.

How do the assassination purchases "integrate" with the default ones? Are there assassinations available for all types (ground-to-ground, air-to-air, etc.), and how is priority determined in terms of the vignette that gets used if the assassination type has multiple purchases? Is it randomized?

TXmDNzJ.png

Halo-5-Guardians-Sentinel-Battle-Rifle-with-Laser-Targeter.jpg

This stronger BR, does is cost REQ Points in a warzone match or can somebody with this spawn everytime with the stronger BR for free (seems like the normal BR can be used without spending REQ points)?

Mesonak

I can't help but feel like Halo 5 should be the most customizable game yet for this REQ system to really establish itself as a revenue stream; the Beta had pretty limited customization in comparison to Halo 4/Reach.

IronWarrior

Neo Member
60fps isn't just visuals, it's all the stuff happening in the deep game engine, including controls.

Was the original fixed physics timestep for Halos 1-4 running at 30 FPS? Either way I felt that the base looking around controls felt the best in Halo 5 out of all of the games, it's really tough to go back to Reach and even MCC, where the 60 fps looks great but the controls never felt as smooth as the H5 beta.

link1201

I can't help but feel like Halo 5 should be the most customizable game yet for this REQ system to really establish itself as a revenue stream; the Beta had pretty limited customization in comparison to Halo 4/Reach.
I'm hoping they held back a bunch of stuff. I agree they have to add a much more than we've seen in the past. I'm all for customization. I'll pay good money for the JFO helmet from Reach.

Haruko

Brilliant idea, toning down the default victory bro-scenes just to let people unlock even crazier stuff through REQ packs. Now I'm thinking of all sorts of possibilities...

Wyld Stallyns air guitar strumming...

New Day (WWE) style celebrations...

OCKS26J.gif

"Red... Team Rocks! Red... Team Rocks!"

Takashi

What's with the weapon sounds? The BR still sounds almost single shot and I have no idea why the Carbine needed to be changed.

dwells

Is it wrong that I want a Halo game where master chief truly becomes a rogue and fights humans?
There's no need for him to be rogue. They need to pretend Halo: Reach doesn't exist, then make a proper The Fall of Reach game that follows the book. The Spartans are basically space SEALS and take out pirates and rebels and all that. It would make for a great squad-based shooter.

Tom Clancy's The Fall of Reach.

Yeah, I'm hoping they're just placeholder sounds since if I recall correctly from previous halo BTS', sound is one of the last things to get finalized.

I thought I read in a recent update from Josh on Beyond that "weapon sounds and audio" have been changed from the beta. However, through the vids we have seen I don't really hear any difference. Am I mistaken about this?

I'm also not too pleased with the weapon sounds. They aren't horrible, but I thought Halo 2 Anniversary campaign had brilliant sound direction for the most part. Would be sad to see a departure from those punchy and lively sounds.

Takashi

The BR sounds really bad and i dont get why its so hard for them to record some burst weapons...

Or literally keep the BR sound from H2A which was almost perfect. I just feel like it's unnecessary work trying to come up with new sounds when it's already been established for quite a few games more or less how it should sound.

No btb at launch?mehhh. I'm fine with all this experimental shit staying in Warzone, go crazy 343. Hoping the playlists in 5 are concentrated, I think there's getting to be to many weapons in the sandbox, duplicates everywhere. Also PLEASE go crazy with player customization. Hearts/lightning from reach, tons of emblem choices, tons of armor with shit tons of skins etc. Pumped about the req packs going twords HCS, that was a great idea by valve. Maybe they can start paying out top 32?

Super disappointed we cant forge warzone, would be amazing forging AI, people could literally create games inside of games. It must take a lot of resources to develop AI that can react on their own but cmon, its 2015. Still waiting on a quasi tournament/clan war system like killzone, but I guess HCS kinda scratchs that itch. ALSO WHERE THE HELL ARE CLANS.

Invasion is back? Awesome. Make it elites vs Spartans!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Halo+5+invasion

image.php

No need to be an ass Fahz.

:p

Is that being an ass? =(

I just thought it was comical, cuz the first thing that pops up is "Invasion Mode Isn't Coming Back in Halo 5 " from IGN.

Probably referring to the alternate Warzone game mode that they mentioned, which is asymmetric PvP only (no AI enemies).

Ha! That's probably it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom