• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell is this
eGrEcsF.png

That is smartscope.

Ya it's hard to tell, but I'm leaning towards the gunner being ejected though.

18717301010_c3893a4858_o.gif

Watching this gif load veeeeeeeery slowly, it's pretty clear that the gunner is not getting ejected. The car starts driving, and he even gets a few shots off before he jumps out. My money's on bug with the disembark animation.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
People who complain about the Gauss Hog are the worst. How can you hate a gun that can make vehicles spin like tops?
It's a very accurate one shot kill weapon with infinite ammo. On a Warthog.

Pretty OP.

Frankie said that only ~1/2 the game is about tracking the chief. Second half is something else, I'm guessing about Guardians and such.

Like I speculated earlier, Halo 5 will probably be more similar to Halo 2 than some people realize.

Aside from both being the second games in their respective trilogies, they both have dual protagonists. Story elements will probably be quite similar. ~ half of the game in separate stories, but eventually the two characters meet and then work together to accomplish something.

Does that mean that Chief and Locke become bros and have missions together? Doubt it. But they probably split up to tackle some objective against/with the Guardians with their respective teams.

Zoolader

Watching this gif load veeeeeeeery slowly, it's pretty clear that the gunner is not getting ejected. The car starts driving, and he even gets a few shots off before he jumps out. My money's on bug with the disembark animation.

I guess I'm the only one then who sees it differently! I see the blue guy climbing into the drivers seat, gunner falling off with a shield pop, then the blue guy doing another animation getting back into the drivers seat.

Vico

Like I speculated earlier, Halo 5 will probably be more similar to Halo 2 than some people realize.

Aside from both being the second games in their respective trilogies, they both have dual protagonists. Story elements will probably be quite similar. ~ half of the game in separate stories, but eventually the two characters meet and then work together to accomplish something.

Does that mean that Chief and Locke become bros and have missions together? Doubt it. But they probably split up to tackle some objective against/with the Guardians with their respective teams.

Now I want to be able to play the last mission up to 8 players coop, with both teams working together.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Heads-up, The Sprint Season 2 is live in the Originals tab in Halo Channel. It won't go into the featured section for another 15 minutes or so. I'm giving you the scoop before we promote. I'm too nice.

singhr1

Heads-up, The Sprint Season 2 is live in the Originals tab in Halo Channel. It won't go into the featured section for another 15 minutes or so. I'm giving you the scoop before we promote. I'm too nice.

Yes! Thank you.

Edit: FOUR EPISODES!? Yes!

It's a very accurate one shot kill weapon with infinite ammo. On a Warthog.

Pretty OP.
  • Halo 4's Gauss takes a bit more skill to land shots since they lowered the aim assist.
  • No splash damage, shots must be direct hits.
  • Hogs get shredded by gunfire.
  • Competent drivers/gunners are too far and few between.
  • Easy to take cover from unless you're caught in the open.
Not overpowered in my opinion.

We've talked about this here at E3 so I expect it will come out in the press coverage over the next couple of days. For Warzone we have two different variants planned:

1. The core mode, which is focused on the combination of 12v12 player-versus-player action, base capture and AI-controlled combatants (including bosses). This is what we are demoing and is playable here on the E3 show floor.

2. A Base Assault attack/defend scenario in which one team is attempting to defend each base on a map and the other is pressing to capture the base and push them back in timed phases. The defenders are attempting to hold the base until time runs out. As the attackers manage to capture each base, they force the defenders back and extend time until they are assaulting the Home Base of the defending team and trying to destroy their core. This variant focuses solely on PvP without AI adversaries.

The mode plays differently depending on the variant. In addition, we are working on a more classic BTB experience with timed weapon and vehicle spawns, and this will be introduced shortly after launch with a number of maps specifically optimized for BTB.

Rush mode. Fuck yeah.

-Ryn

Banned
sweeeeeeet

maybe now you'll be too busy to post pointless gifs all the time <3
i3kYdDuyMu8ny.gif

Luf u bab

That was never a scope, it's the ammo cartridge.

WUT?! RYN IS ONE OF US NOW?! Congrats dude.
Thanks breh

It's been a long time coming. A looooooooong time. Like... Fuck. So long.

:O

I don't believe you.
EF5t9hL.jpg

This could be anybody

ANYBODY
RMfTKva.jpg

Congrats on the couch!
Thanks. Found it on the street. For free!

Some Giant Bomb footage of Warzone. I've always waned a mode that has all the elements of the Halo sandbox in it.

• "The Scorpion is too strong, take it out of BTB!"
  • "The DMR is too good at long range, take it out of BTB!" (DMR footage at 14:44; it looks good)
  • "Why does the Gauss Hog exist?"
  • "The Spartan Laser is too good, take it out of BTB!"
  • "-insert FUN thing here-, take it out of BTB!"
Finallyyyy those who enjoy every part of Halo's sandbox can actually use these things in multiplayer. Too often have I seen people complain about the Scorpion or a weapon like the Spartan Laser to be removed from multiplayer because "It's broken!" Uhhhhhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, tell me more about you want to limit Halo to 2 guns and no vehicles, especially for BTB.

343 is making a lot of moves I have been an advocate for for a long damn time. Finally man, finally.

All of this. Yes. Yes yes yes yes. Well said, sir.

So what do guys think about the Elite controller?

This video goes in depth on it.

@Ryn but addresed to HaloGaf, time to bail B O Y S

It's sexy. My keyboard was $180 CAD and I've had it for years, so I'm OK with paying for a high quality controller if it will last. I mean... I play my Xbox a lot, and the controller is the piece you actually touch - what you use to play - where the core of the donging goes down. Only wish it had Bluetooth, but oh well. I'll probably see how much I can sell the Kinect toward it.

Madness

I like how Sonic is expressly visible in the pics haha.

So what do guys think about the Elite controller?

This video goes in depth on it.

I want it, but not for $180+tax that it is in Canada. Amazon had a price glitch during E3 where many got it for $89.99 CAD which I feel is a good start price. Just the quality of the sticks, more resistance, able to swap out concave or convex thumbsticks quickly, plus the triggers on back, I wonder how much of a game changer it could be in the hands of pros.

If I needed a new controller, I'd really try going for this, but not until it's well under $90-$100. I think improving the bumpers across the board will make the newer regular controllers better than these launch ones.

I'm watching season 2 episode 3 of the Sprint and they're talking about legendary weapons.

Linda's Sniper
Kelly's Shotgun
Arbiter's Sword (Prophets Bane)

AND

They are working on a 4th thinking along the lines of the CE magnum, but it's not done yet.

Do it!

daedalius

I'm watching season 2 episode 3 of the Sprint and they're talking about legendary weapons.

Linda's Sniper
Kelly's Shotgun
Arbiter's Sword (Prophets Bane)

AND

They are working on a 4th thinking along the lines of the CE magnum, but it's not done yet.

Do it!

Keyes magnum!!!!!

Overdoziz

Banned
They gonna get uploaded to Youtube? Cause that app is garbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom