• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
They gonna get uploaded to Youtube? Cause that app is garbo.

Try using Halo Channel on PC.

It literally crashes every few seconds. One time I managed to navigate for a few seconds before it crashed.

Any reason why the PC version of Halo Channel is so unuseable? Like, is it ever going to be fixed? If not, it may as well be taken offline. It's offensively buggy.

q83qtK0.jpg

I just want to be able to use it. Once. =/

I'm watching season 2 episode 3 of the Sprint and they're talking about legendary weapons.

Linda's Sniper
Kelly's Shotgun
Arbiter's Sword (Prophets Bane)

AND

They are working on a 4th thinking along the lines of the CE magnum, but it's not done yet.

Do it!

Noiiiiice!

Any sign of them toning down the glare on the Bane?

looks great but I couldn't spend more than about 60 on a pad.

Also

http://venturebeat.com/2015/06/17/the-revamped-xbox-one-controller-fixes-the-bumpers/

Lol at posters telling me the bumper issue was due to hand positioning. Playing the dark souls with the X1 pad is a hard pass.

They are, though. They work fine if you hold it the right way. Granted, having a specific required finger position to use the bumpers can be considered an issue in and of itself.

Munki

I'm watching season 2 episode 3 of the Sprint and they're talking about legendary weapons.

Linda's Sniper
Kelly's Shotgun
Arbiter's Sword (Prophets Bane)

AND

They are working on a 4th thinking along the lines of the CE magnum, but it's not done yet.

Do it!

Link?

They are, though. They work fine if you hold it the right way. Granted, having a specific required finger position to use the bumpers can be considered an issue in and of itself.

Pretty sure if a major corporation goes to the bother of redesigning its controller then there were issues with the original design beyond hand stance. I got used to it after a few weeks but the 360 bumpers are objectively superior in both accessibility and comfort.

Those normals being projected onto the visor in first person are fucking gorgeous please tell me they made the cut.

Sprint Episode 2 for those interested. Just outstanding looking.

Fuchsdh

I have fond memories of stealing an enemy warthog with the gunner still on board and bailing out right before driving them off a cliff.

There was a glorious HBO matchmaking night in Reach, I believe, where an enemy driver diligently drove me around as I killed his teammates in a turret for about five minutes before his team had enough and blew us both up.

Some people really do have tunnel vision sometimes.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Giant Bomb video is good. I'm liking the look of Warzone a lot more than Halo 4's drop pod mode. Also 343 bringing back standard arena along side this is what should have happened in 4. Create a new mode that's a bit "out there" but also keep the old stuff people love.

shrek

Banned
Giant Bomb video is good. I'm liking the look of Warzone a lot more than Halo 4's drop pod mode. Also 343 bringing back standard arena along side this is what should have happened in 4. Create a new mode that's a bit "out there" but also keep the old stuff people love.

It certainly is looking better and better with more footage. A lot of 343's trailers don't seem to do sufficient justice.

daedalius

The sprint was great, again.

And yea, that campaign demo was super scritter, they had to play it a ton to get all of those pieces to fit together right!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So what do guys think about the Elite controller?

This video goes in depth on it.

@Ryn but addresed to HaloGaf, time to bail B O Y S
I'm probably getting it. I laughed out loud when I saw the price, but if it truly is as durable as they say than it'd be worth it.

Ramirez

Some Giant Bomb footage of Warzone. I've always waned a mode that has all the elements of the Halo sandbox in it.

• "The Scorpion is too strong, take it out of BTB!"
  • "The DMR is too good at long range, take it out of BTB!" (DMR footage at 14:44; it looks good)
  • "Why does the Gauss Hog exist?"
  • "The Spartan Laser is too good, take it out of BTB!"
  • "-insert FUN thing here-, take it out of BTB!"
Finallyyyy those who enjoy every part of Halo's sandbox can actually use these things in multiplayer. Too often have I seen people complain about the Scorpion or a weapon like the Spartan Laser to be removed from multiplayer because "It's broken!" Uhhhhhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, tell me more about you want to limit Halo to 2 guns and no vehicles, especially for BTB.

343 is making a lot of moves I have been an advocate for for a long damn time. Finally man, finally. Although nothing releases without some disappointing, like weapon skins/attachments altering weapon stats, Halo 5 is shaping up to be such a refreshing Halo experience. Really looking forward to it.

Welp, DMR is going to absolutely destroy everything again, that might as well be the classic zoom they switched it to. The scope being on the screen+the glare was a decent balancing mechanic to the DMR, even if it was probably unintended.

Sad to see the whining win out when it comes to that weapon, as it was one of the few weapons that had a ADS that made sense AND nerfed the weapon some what, meh.

/unpopular opinion

Invert

Neo Member
So what do guys think about the Elite controller?

This video goes in depth on it.

I'm excited for it, hopefully the build quality is excellent. My current Scuf is getting pretty burned out (bilateral stick drift ), and to get another Scuf with the same feature set would likely cost a bit more. I hope the paddles are done well. In my experience they're the most beneficial feature to these types of controller.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Regardless of one's thoughts on Halo as a whole, The Sprint show is very good. Really shows how much it takes to change petty little things we all like to complain about on a daily basis.

Zoolader

So are we going to have to worry about button glitches with that Elite controller? I'm almost certain I remember reading that was the primary reason we could never have custom button layouts in Halo.

Alright who has read Hunters in the Dark?

It's the first Halo book ever that I didn't buy at release. Not sure if I want to buy it yet.

Aside from Kilo 5 #3 cuz fuck those

Computer

Those normals being projected onto the visor in first person are fucking gorgeous please tell me they made the cut.

Sprint Episode 2 for those interested. Just outstanding looking.

I agree it added so much more life to being inside the helmet. The best effect I have ever seen in a Halo game. Please tell me it will be in the final.

Fuchsdh

Alright who has read Hunters in the Dark?

It's the first Halo book ever that I didn't buy at release. Not sure if I want to buy it yet.

I thought it was solid, but like Mortal Dictate it just sorta'... ended, leaving me feeling like I missed a lot of resolution. Also I think Traviss handled the Elites far better, although ironically this one has a lot of "my people have a saying" to counterbalance her "as the humans say..." stuff people find annoying :)

I thought it was solid, but like Mortal Dictate it just sorta'... ended, leaving me feeling like I missed a lot of resolution. Also I think Traviss handled the Elites far better, although ironically this one has a lot of "my people have a saying" to counterbalance her "as the humans say..." stuff people find annoying :)

Hmm...the premise is interesting but lately I've been burned out on all of the licensed books. Star Wars EU has sucked ass and while Broken Circle was entertaining at times it was largely uninteresting to me.

Mix

So are we going to have to worry about button glitches with that Elite controller? I'm almost certain I remember reading that was the primary reason we could never have custom button layouts in Halo.

as far as I remember, it's button input vs button command. With the universal xbox remapping tool, it'll still be as though the feedback the system is receiving is still the same button as it should have been, vs changing the button layout in the individual game.

Zoolader

as far as I remember, it's button input vs button command. With the universal xbox remapping tool, it'll still be as though the feedback the system is receiving is still the same button as it should have been, vs changing the button layout in the individual game.

That thought kinda crossed my mind when they said the controller is what actually stores the layout. What you said makes sense, you are most likely correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom