• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haruko

Wait... what?

Probably referring to the alternate Warzone game mode that they mentioned, which is asymmetric PvP only (no AI enemies).

We've talked about this here at E3 so I expect it will come out in the press coverage over the next couple of days. For Warzone we have two different variants planned:

1. The core mode, which is focused on the combination of 12v12 player-versus-player action, base capture and AI-controlled combatants (including bosses). This is what we are demoing and is playable here on the E3 show floor.

2. A Base Assault attack/defend scenario in which one team is attempting to defend each base on a map and the other is pressing to capture the base and push them back in timed phases. The defenders are attempting to hold the base until time runs out. As the attackers manage to capture each base, they force the defenders back and extend time until they are assaulting the Home Base of the defending team and trying to destroy their core. This variant focuses solely on PvP without AI adversaries.

The mode plays differently depending on the variant. In addition, we are working on a more classic BTB experience with timed weapon and vehicle spawns, and this will be introduced shortly after launch with a number of maps specifically optimized for BTB.

VinFTW

Haven't been this excited for Halo in a loooooong time. So much left to reveal too.

All those Arena maps, skins, armors, BtB maps, other Warzone maps and bosses (Scarab pls).

Gonna be a long wait.

jem0208

Haven't been this excited for Halo in a loooooong time. So much left to reveal too.

All those Arena maps, skins, armors, BtB maps, other Warzone maps and bosses (Scarab pls).

Gonna be a long wait.

Not gunna lie, slightly salty that Warzone wasn't a remake of Sandtrap with Scarabs instead of Elephants.

belushy

Banned
Probably referring to the alternate Warzone game mode that they mentioned, which is asymmetric PvP only (no AI enemies).

Last paragraph is interesting. Wonder if that means the first map pack will be all BTB maps with release of btb gamemode itself.

VinFTW

Overdoziz

Banned
assassination animation
assassination animation
assassination animation
assassination animation
assassination animation
assassination animation assassination animation​

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
My only complaint about Warzone at this point is that the AI seem to stick to their own little region. I wish they were more aggressive and mobile. Or at least I think I wish that.

My only complaint about Warzone at this point is that the AI seem to stick to their own little region. I wish they were more aggressive and mobile. Or at least I think I wish that.

I wanted to pull a battlefront and have a hand full follow me and have my own personal death squad. (hope you can order around bots in offline mode in the new battlefront....it's going to have offline right....)

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.

We're still iterating a lot of the encounters on the mode, but we've found that limiting Ai encounters to specific areas makes choosing to engage in battle against enemy Ai a more meaningful decision. Getting taken out by an elite with a cov carbine from behind while you're in the middle of a firefight with an enemy player can lead to frustration and confusion to the dead player. However there are definitely enemies that will attack you at range, our airborne bosses and phantoms are just a couple examples.

Also, Kanye came by the booth while I was working today. I'm never washing my eyes again.

Deception

Yup. Seat switching is new and uses the jump button.

Such a simple yet amazing change! Thats part of what makes Battlefield vehicle combat so good, you can switch to any seat in a vehicle on the fly and get the best angle to shoot.

Now please add the Wolverine to Warzone and ill be happy! :)

AlStrong

refreshing to see a dev say this.

So many of the 60 fps naysayers don't realize its not just a visual thing, responses are faster too

The implication is, of course, that the game will never drop from 60fps (would be amazing). Otherwise, any framerate drop would cause problems.

Zoolader

So will highjacking a warthog kick everyone out?

Tawp pls

In the gameplay video I saw after you hijack the warthog driver there is some confusing animation and then you drop kick the gunner out too. I'm not sure if that is automatic or if there is something else you need to press.

The Fathom gameplay looked like b-roll footage akin to the 60 FPS video we got for the campaign so hopefully it's released for download soon. Someone picked up an overshield on the video and I really don't like the look of the OS in Halo 5, looks like the armor abilities you could drop in forge rather than a floating globe of light. I hope they have physics like in Halo CE so we can shoot them down from places though.

In the gameplay video I saw after you hijack the warthog driver there is some confusing animation and then you drop kick the gunner out too. I'm not sure if that is automatic or if there is something else you need to press.

What will happen if it's a fully loaded hog, I wonder?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I couldn't tell if the gunner just hopped out immediately after or was forced out. It looked weird. I'm not convinced it was an ejection.

Some Giant Bomb footage of Warzone. I've always waned a mode that has all the elements of the Halo sandbox in it.

• "The Scorpion is too strong, take it out of BTB!"
  • "The DMR is too good at long range, take it out of BTB!" (DMR footage at 14:44; it looks good)
  • "Why does the Gauss Hog exist?"
  • "The Spartan Laser is too good, take it out of BTB!"
  • "-insert FUN thing here-, take it out of BTB!"
Finallyyyy those who enjoy every part of Halo's sandbox can actually use these things in multiplayer. Too often have I seen people complain about the Scorpion or a weapon like the Spartan Laser to be removed from multiplayer because "It's broken!" Uhhhhhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, tell me more about you want to limit Halo to 2 guns and no vehicles, especially for BTB.

343 is making a lot of moves I have been an advocate for for a long damn time. Finally man, finally. Although nothing releases without some disappointing, like weapon skins/attachments altering weapon stats, Halo 5 is shaping up to be such a refreshing Halo experience. Really looking forward to it.

Im kind of confused.

So I can go gamestop and pick up my LCE of H5 a week before launch and pre-load it?

Btw Stinkles looking good on xbox stream!

What the hell is this
eGrEcsF.png

singhr1

Frankie said that only ~1/2 the game is about tracking the chief. Second half is something else, I'm guessing about Guardians and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom