• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Okay Fahz, I'm with you now. The Halo 5 hit markers are too much. Tone'em down 343, please.

Some Giant Bomb footage of Warzone. I've always waned a mode that has all the elements of the Halo sandbox in it.

• "The Scorpion is too strong, take it out of BTB!"
  • "The DMR is too good at long range, take it out of BTB!" (DMR footage at 14:44; it looks good)
  • "Why does the Gauss Hog exist?"
  • "The Spartan Laser is too good, take it out of BTB!"
  • "-insert FUN thing here-, take it out of BTB!"
Finallyyyy those who enjoy every part of Halo's sandbox can actually use these things in multiplayer. Too often have I seen people complain about the Scorpion or a weapon like the Spartan Laser to be removed from multiplayer because "It's broken!" Uhhhhhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, tell me more about you want to limit Halo to 2 guns and no vehicles, especially for BTB.

343 is making a lot of moves I have been an advocate for for a long damn time. Finally man, finally. Although nothing releases without some disappointing, like weapon skins/attachments altering weapon stats, Halo 5 is shaping up to be such a refreshing Halo experience. Really looking forward to it.

I knew I liked the cut of your jib, reconfirmed from that post mate.

UKUMI0

I really hope with the Elite controller you can save profiles, I know you can save profiles to the controller but that's only 2, be great if I could build a library of profiles and just load them when I want to play something.

Tawpgun

Watching ep 2 of sprint: did they spoil something there...

lasky Palmer and HALSEY are back together on the infinity?

UKUMI0

Yeah pretty sure its a semi spoiler though
my guess is that the first mission is Osiris hunting down Halsey, second mission is Blue Team going AWOL, and then third or forth mission is this.

FirestormPlasma

Neo Member

And here I was thinking Locke was going to
kill Halsey.
It looks like Locke might kill Jul Mdama and retrieve Halsey to help find John.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
A thought occurred to me earlier: what if Blue Team decides Chief is off his rocker and turns against him?

So, today I learned Tyler pronounces permanent as "pernament."

say permabanned. now say Nintendo. now say Permanent.

lmaooooo

Fuck you both
<3

I just noticed those Navy Comercial are gone. Good. It felt really off putting.

Im also really worried they replaced Mike Colter's voice with someone else. I know it's deeper, but it's weird after seeing him in Nightfall and the H2A bookends.

Haruko

Didn't see these posted here yet:

Linda's rifle:
GnfvVOa.jpg

Kelly's shotgun (top):

http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3a8fbr/lindas_sniper_looks_dope/

Blue Team's weapon skins are apparently "Mythic" rarity in REQ packs

SpartanN92

Banned
Well I left E3 today to head home and missed my connecting flight due to delay... Had to shell out $300 for a hotel tonight because American/US airways is the worst shit outfit around...

Thank fucking god I have a copy of Hunters in the Dark to keep me occupied. I'm about 60 pages in and I really like it! It's exploring some areas of Halo canon that I've been dying to hear more about for years now.

Madness

Fuck you both
<3

I just noticed those Navy Comercial are gone. Good. It felt really off putting.

Im also really worried they replaced Mike Colter's voice with someone else. I know it's deeper, but it's weird after seeing him in Nightfall and the H2A bookends.

When did this happen? No wonder the voice was much better in the live action commercials then. Was that Colter or who they got to replace him? It's a good thing though. People will always disagree with me, but he didn't have a solid voice. Attractive actor, and they modeled him perfectly, but against a man like Keith David, I dunno.

On a related voice question, listening to Palmer in Warzone, she sounds less 'arrogant' if that makes sense? It's a more calm, collected and less militaristic hoo-ah style of voice. Am I off base here or not? She sounds almost like Cortana, as opposed to how she was in Spartan Ops, Spartans let's give those hinge heads something to remember. Is it still Jennifer Hale?

My favorite thing about The Sprint has to be the developers creating the door you could smash through only then to watch a bunch of people play warzone at E3 and turn around at the door.

Glass

My favorite thing about The Sprint has to be the developers creating the door you could smash through only then to watch a bunch of people play warzone at E3 and turn around at the door.

Yeah as I was watching that bit I was thinking, what they had at E3 did not look breakable. They mention the mechanic is used in campaign, maybe its spelled out for you there.

Haruko

those of you with Ones, apparently these are being added to the BC beta test tonight:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=168752012&postcount=3816

Halo 3
Halo Reach
Halo 3 ODST
Halo Wars
Fable II
Borderlands
Gears Of War
Gears Of War 2
Alan Wake
Shadow Complex

I saw that but he hasn't posted a source since then, kinda suspicious. If it's true though, hype is through the roof.

Looks like you were right; guy probably took it from here w/o reading: http://thisgengaming.com/2015/06/17/future-titles-revealed-for-xbox-ones-backwards-compatibility/

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Yeah as I was watching that bit I was thinking, what they had at E3 did not look breakable. They mention the mechanic is used in campaign, maybe its spelled out for you there.

Haha, yeah, we knew there were still readability issues with that door. No time for E3, but we're revisiting it when we get home from the show.

When did this happen? No wonder the voice was much better in the live action commercials then. Was that Colter or who they got to replace him? It's a good thing though. People will always disagree with me, but he didn't have a solid voice. Attractive actor, and they modeled him perfectly, but against a man like Keith David, I dunno.

On a related voice question, listening to Palmer in Warzone, she sounds less 'arrogant' if that makes sense? It's a more calm, collected and less militaristic hoo-ah style of voice. Am I off base here or not? She sounds almost like Cortana, as opposed to how she was in Spartan Ops, Spartans let's give those hinge heads something to remember. Is it still Jennifer Hale?

Idk if there was a change though. Mix and Zooj swear it's Mike, but it seems so different. A lot deeper. idk

If you were watching the Sprint, they had a placeholder voice in a few scenes, but it's still Jennifer Hale. She even did the mo-cap.

Glass

Haha, yeah, we knew there were still readability issues with that door. No time for E3, but we're revisiting it when we get home from the show.

Ah thatll be cool to see another iteration.

The reactions of the team everytime someone mentioned making a change, perfectly drove home how much time and work something so simple actually is.

Omni

I still need to beat the game Legendary and/or get coop done. You up for some o' that?
If it gets ported, sure! I didn't do much of that either. Only beat the game on heroic, IIRC. Though a big part of that was because the campaign was a little tedious and I had no motivation to go through again >.>

Captain Friendo

Neo Member
I honestly feel like it being somewhat transparent can be a good visual queue even if it creates a game of 'chicken.' I used to love playing chicken in the older games anyway.

UKUMI0

Just noticed during the cutscene recording of Episode 2 of the Sprint that Jen Taylor/Halsey says "John is not equipped emotionally to deal with her as a threat".

Who the hell could "her" be? Cortana? The Librarian? Or some unknown female character.

Captain Friendo

Neo Member
Can't say i'm really enjoying any of the weapon skins at the moment. Hope the CE pistol is a reality, that'd be awesome.

Did they spoil some of the game again? Didn't 343i do some of that with Halo 4?
A little but it seems to be from near the beginning of the game.
Different from a one second shot of the script because we were watching the scene play out with actors this time.

Captain Friendo

Neo Member
All this concept art of Fall of Reach, all I want to see is a trailer.

Glad to see the Mark IV from Halo Wars / Scanned and the FoR comics is making a return though.

Nice! I also noticed in the footage that it's hard to tell teammates and enemies apart at range- I couldn't tell the difference easily while watching and the players looked like they had the same problem (seeing someone, zooming, and then realizing it was a friendly). I know it's 24 people plus AI so you can't do anything too elaborate, but I think some simple symbology like a triangle above the head of friendlies would be helpful.

Madness

Tanaka looked familiar to me and I checked and she's Cynthia Kaye Williams from Real Husbands of Hollywood. She's German/Black but Tanaka is supposed to Japanese/Black. Tanaka eyes look a bit buggy. I don't know about Vale though. I agree she looks weirdest/fakest.

Is there a benefit to doing all cinematic in engine as opposed to Blur? I mean sure they look amazing, but I've been spoiled with H2A Blur cinematics. In 7 years from now, we're going to be laughing at how poor Buck looks, just like we do for Hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom