• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. About that...

SYwUIbI.gif

Not exactly the moon, but... Space is still very hard.

--

Sand physics in Halo 5 confirmed.

He is 10...

343 is NASA confirmed.

Dude, the moment has passed...

Because even terrible evil people sometimes have good or interesting opinions. I'm not an ostrich, burying its head in the sand.

I don't think ignoring "certain posters", as you mentioned, would be considered burying your head. I understand though.

Regardless, I hope you know we appreciate ya. It's hard to know how much a negative post can affect someone, so I just hope this stuff doesn't ruin your night.

HaloGaf has been a much more positive/reasonable place lately, hope we can keep it that way.

ostriches actually don't do that, scrub

blamite

The Halo community (or at least the parts of it I see most often) is just so toxic lately. Makes it really hard to want to stay invested in the series at all.

re: Hunters in the Dark: the free (first?) chapter that went up on Amazon a while ago just drove me insane with the boring, robotic writing style. Does that get better at all? The story sounds interesting but I really doubt I'd be able to make it through an entire book that reads like... that.

If Fireteam Osiris has the Artemis system to track specific objects within a 180 degree scan (which is about damn time a Halo game has a useful tech you can use in game instead of a cosmetic unlockable armament), what will Blue Team have to rival it? What I mean is what will they use that can compare to it being a unique and relevant feature in Campaign?

I can't help myself with what 343 has things cooking up in store for us... I am hyped. I want to dong Warden Eternal. And teabag his distorted data remains with joy. Also it looks like we won't be lucky as to simply pick up a Plasma Pistol to take out such a bullet sponge boss. C'mon we are thinking about it. I know I am. Perhaps there's more to him than meets the eye. Huehuehue. .

The Halo community (or at least the parts of it I see most often) is just so toxic lately. Makes it really hard to want to stay invested in the series at all.

re: Hunters in the Dark: the free (first?) chapter that went up on Amazon a while ago just drove me insane with the boring, robotic writing style. Does that get better at all? The story sounds interesting but I really doubt I'd be able to make it through an entire book that reads like... that.
TBH I've always found the larger Halo community to be fairly toxic. I'd tried repeatedly for years to join in only to NOPE back out. I particularly remember the Reach era of Bungie.net. It was 99% bitching about how "incompetent" Bungie was with bloom, armor lock, "mini tactical nukes", and "shitting all over FoR". Nothing has really changed.

And I like it so far, but then again I had no problem with chapter one either.

Ramirez

This isn't one that was easy to do. The number of folks who play split screen across campaign and mp isn't trivial, but ultimately we're making that change for the benefit of everyone, not just the majority or the vocal minority. So our responsibility has to be to make the single screen experience as good as it can possibly be, to justify or to attempt to justify that trade off.

Oh, I'm sure no one on the project enjoyed having to make that decision. Sucks for all involved.

#rekt

Split screen was important to me...in high school. I'll take 60 FPS over everything, you can't come back from that once you've tasted it!

Yeah, I was kind of whatever about 60 FPS when juices was on here delivering his sermons, but now I'm convinced he was a prophet and I wouldn't want to go back to 30 FPS unless it was going to save lives or something...but even then I feel it would come at the cost of our souls.

Because even terrible evil people sometimes have good or interesting opinions. I'm not an ostrich, burying its head in the sand.

Scotstrich.

Are we expected to get more Halo 5 campaign footage at Gamescom? I know 60 fps is a priority, but it's not something I care too much about in regards to the campaign and I'm more interested in campaign changes regarding scale and how they handle encounters this time around.

Are we expected to get more Halo 5 campaign footage at Gamescom? I know 60 fps is a priority, but it's not something I care too much about in regards to the campaign and I'm more interested in campaign changes regarding scale and how they handle encounters this time around.

Also.. Who are doing the voices for Blue Team? I'm very curious about that (unless this was already announced and I missed it?)

I just hate that I can't co-op with my brother anymore, this sucks I would've traded in frame rates and free map packs just to co-op with family and friends again. :\

Also.. Who are doing the voices for Blue Team? I'm very curious about that (unless this was already announced and I missed it?)
Don't think we'll know yet till, and I'm just guessing here, the next the Sprint videos are up. Also, 343 haven't even revealed what Fred, Kelly, and Linda look like in game or their Mocap actors are let alone their voice actors.. for Halo 5.

ElRenoRaven

I enjoyed the hell out of it. I hadn't liked the Traviss books mind you. It was cool as hell. It would have made for a great Halo expansion in the vein of ODST I feel.

I know Travis Willingham is Fred, and IMDB says Kelly is Michelle Lukes and Linda is Andrea Bogart.

Cheers!

Don't think we'll know yet till, and I'm just guessing here, the next the Sprint videos are up. Also, 343 haven't even revealed what Fred, Kelly, and Linda look like in game or their Mocap actors are let alone their voice actors.. for Halo 5.

I hope they keep the same VAs across halo 5 and the animated Reach series... For consistency haha.

Glass

Campaign theatre for me would be huge. Especially now theres 4 spartans running around together. Love playing through 3 and making mental notes of parts would make a great screenshot for later. Still have my shots from 2007 saved.

Campaign theatre for me would be huge. Especially now theres 4 spartans running around together. Love playing through 3 and making mental notes of parts would make a great screenshot for later. Still have my shots from 2007 saved.

That's what I was going through and trying to find. All my old shots from the Halo 3 days and the screenshot OT back then. So many great shots from back then.

Campaign theatre is a huge feature for me and would make me more upset at its removal like in 4 then split screen.

Haruko

My best friend's dad passed away this morning.

I met my friend CirrusStrafe online during ilovebees, and cemented our friendship playing thousands of rounds of Halo 2 together. We've met in person a dozen or so times, for days at a time (but never long enough). I was his best man at his wedding last fall. I set up a camera to record the service so that he could send a copy to his dad, which I'm told he watched repeatedly.

Cirrus lived in Florida with his family when I met him, But he now lives near San Diego, far away from where his father passed. I've been near Detroit all these years, myself.

Cirrus was home for the day today, making and fielding calls from family members. He had to be the one to inform his mom, as his parents have been estranged since (I think) around the time I met him. Needless to say, it was a painful day for him.

I worked from home today so I could chat with him when he was able.

After 5pm passed my time, I had to do some errands, and an hour or so later, we met up on HMCC.

We knocked out 3 more levels on H2A Campaign Legendary co-op. We laughed and died and laughed again, and for a while he was happy again.

We took a small break for dinner, during which he had to take a few more family phone calls and broke down a bit. My brother and another friend got online by this point, and once Cirrus had a moment to recompose himself, we jumped into the Halo 2 Anniversary playlist together as a team of four.

We played like 7-8 games and won all of them. It was an absolute blast. Turns out after 14 years of Halo, we're all pretty even:

Halo has always been special to me because of the friends I've made and met through it. And it provided the perfect release tonight in a time of much grief. I sincerely thank anyone and everyone who's ever had a hand in creating these games.

Cirrus' dad's next birthday would have been October 27th, 2015 (or at least that week, from what I was told). We plan to take the week off and marathon Halo 5 in his honor.

Without getting into semantic weeds here, nobody has been deliberately dishonest so please stop saying that. We cannot in the midst of development, start playing Dev diary by omission. There are hundreds of things we can't be clear about until decisions and tech are finalized.

OK, normally I wouldn't get involved, but I noticed you didn't address this part of his post, so I'll ask again for him.

If not "deliberately dishonest", what would you consider the 14 Day Buy and Play fiasco? I'm honestly just curious so we can hone our semantics around here.

Cow

343 are good at one thing: Deceptively hyping up their games being something they are not and eventually letting everyone down.

Halo 4: Feels like Halo... Halo is back, everyone is hyped.

MCC: Bringing back the classics except better, with dedicated servers and more than everything everyone has been asking for years. Ranks will come soon after launch. Some Halo channel match viewing thing. This will be the best thing ever.

Halo 5: Learnt a lot from MCC and Halo 4 it's going to be a great return to form. Boldest Halo yet. Big team won't be in at launch but will come soon after launch.

Prepare to be disappointed people. I don't know how anyone trusts them and why they are so obsessed with pushing their new game types at launch when the population is the largest. If it's superior to other experiences people will try it out and stick with it. Can't believe they took out split-screen.

By the way stinkles, when are we getting that explanation for MCC?

Fracas

#fuckonami
OK, normally I wouldn't get involved, but I noticed you didn't address this part of his post, so I'll ask again for him.

If not "deliberately dishonest", what would you consider the 14 Day Buy and Play fiasco? I'm honestly just curious so we can hone our semantics around here.

Can we add MCC to the list as well?

Not to defend the shitposting in this thread (that I'm a part of, no doubt), but let's not pretend 343 has a track record built upon trust and honesty. I appreciate Frank's candidness though.

Can we add MCC to the list as well?

Not to defend the shitposting in this thread (that I'm a part of, no doubt), but let's not pretend 343 has a track record built upon trust and honesty. I appreciate Frank's candidness though.

This is why I tried to make it a pointed question with one topic instead of one heated rant flinging a bunch of shit about. I genuinely want to know Frank's view on the subject if he feels he can defend this "no deliberate dishonesty" stance.

Madness

Welp looks like MS is going to ignore the ODST code disappearing prematurely issue. Sorry for the guys who PMed for the extra code :(

Isn't that an Xbox Live/Xbox One issue though? I mean messages on Xbox 360 showed they would automatically delete after such and such time. Obviously same thing for Xbox One.

I just don't know why people would get the codes, read or open the messages but then not redeem, just waiting for some reason. I mean they even emailed people saying ODST was out. If you wanted it, why would you purposely wait? Just curious. I mean hopefully everyone gets codes back.

Omg.

I have made an official decision.

Halo 4 MP > Halo 3 MP

Halo 3 has terrible FOV, terrible movement, terrible aim control... It just feels disgusting. That paired with the occasional AR start and stupid equipment items. Just horrible.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Omg.

Halo 4 MP > Halo 3 MP

Halo 3 has terrible FOV, terrible movement, terrible aim control... It just feels disgusting. That paired with the occasional AR start and stupid equipment items. Just horrible.
Yup, I'm with ya. Especially the more classic gametypes in MCC.

daedalius

Omg.

Halo 4 MP > Halo 3 MP

More #shitposting, right jumper/karl?

totally agree

Oh god, this BR is hard to aim and kill people with, what a terrible game!

Halo 3 MLG was the last good Halo experience we had, you people are insane.

If they'd fix the aim acceleration and terrible FOV, I could look past the sloppy BR (since they basically did this in ODST).

Ramirez

For the record, the BR isn't the problem for me.

AND I agree, but that isn't truly Halo 3..that's Halo 3 with 110% movement speed and damage without equipment and a very reduced weapon sandbox. I played a ton of Halo 3 MLG back in the day (although the foundry maps are horrendous).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom