• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mdot

Is there a synopsis anywhere of the audio logs that have been released so far? I'm lazy and have been meaning to listen to them, but just haven't had a shot.

I thought it would have been neat if they used her to hunt down MCC, as a point of internal conflict (she didn't seem to hate him, but she hated halsey). Locke just comes across as even more of a tool than she does.

The spoilers for Escalation 16 (just going by Halopedia) sounded like she was starting to doubt her convictions.

She'll still be around until at least
Issue 20
:

“The Absolute Record” part 2 — Operation: ATHENA is underway and there is no turning back. Will Commander Palmer's team survive the treacherous journey into an ancient vault of Forerunner secrets?

Fuchsdh

Yeah, I think it's fairly easy to read between the lines and see Locke = Replacement Palmer. That said, they've developed them differently so I think there's plenty of room or both of them in the universe.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
How do you know? Halo 4 had every studio under the sun working on it, remember?

I remember a few, but not 10+ or whatever MCC has. My main stance comes from the beta actually working, when MCC wasn't. I think 5 will work, at least to a level better than MCC currently is, at launch. Day 1 might have issues though, as usual.

Though if I remember right, Halo 4 worked pretty well out the gate.

I remember a few, but not 10+ or whatever MCC has. My main stance comes from the beta actually working, when MCC wasn't. I think 5 will work, at least to a level better than MCC currently is, at launch. Day 1 might have issues though, as usual.

Excluding cinematics, wasn't it just 343i, with Certain Affinity working on Forge?

And yeah, Halo 4 worked perfectly fine.

Mdot

Agreed. MCC is like too many cooks in the kitchen. I have a lot more confidence in H5 working properly based on Halo 4's functionality and the beta alone.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
You guys still talking about this franchise.

Sign.

Sign?

Hey buddy, you're the one with a Chief avatar here.

NTHWT2W.gif

jem0208

Explain it to me. In terms of playlist managment

Well, for one there's only one game to deal with. And the game probably won't be completely broken for 4ish months then get somewhat fixed for a month then get broken again.

So dealing with any issues should hopefully be sorted faster, also you're less likely to get stuck playing something you don't want to play.

It would help if every damn mode in Destiny wasn't just Slayer in disguise. You know... like CTF or something.

Yeah, that's actually a problem with Destiny as a whole. Literally the only thing you seem to do is kill things. You either defend a spot killing things, or you run through different arenas killing things, or you kill other Guardians in Crucible. All whilst getting items to more effectively kill things. It's a good thing that shooting is really fun in that game.

Rightful Chaos

Neo Member
Excluding cinematics, wasn't it just 343i, with Certain Affinity working on Forge?

And yeah, Halo 4 worked perfectly fine.

Yeah, pretty much. 343i did just about everything. Certain affinity collabed on the MP maps, but from what I know that's it. It won't be anything like what MCC was. There were to many moving parts on the project and as far as I know nothing like it has been done. Yet people will still complain and call it out blaming everything on 343 when they weren't the only ones there.

They'll also blame them for "ruining halo" even though one of the first things they did was nerf armor lock like so many people wanted. And when it came to Halo 4 they just followed what Bungie left behind and made some changes to what Reach was like.

My opinion? Loved Halo 4. Love all of the games. Haters gonna hate. Come at me

jelly

I may be wrong but didn't Bungie remove armour lock from playlists and never got the chance to do anything more as 343 took over content updates ?

Also, 343 ruined DLC playlists for Reach, it was a short time of new maps, good fun then DLC never to be seen ever again.

As for MCC, buck stops at 343. They planned it out, had oversight, didn't deliver. The other studios are meaningless to the argument. Can't do the job right, don't ship the game.

Hope that wasn't a bait post.

Reach gets too much hate, single player firefight heavy aside was good stuff.

Reach was a lot of fun, it's actually the Halo I spent the most time with. Yeah it had a lot of issues, but at the end of he day it was still very enjoyable for me.

Halo 4... well it wasn't bad, but it also wasn't anything exceptional.

Reach was great fun. The DMR felt great and the pistol was useful from a distance. Not my favorite MP, but the campaign had a really good pace and setting. Heck, I even soloed Firefight. I think Reach had my favorite art style too. Halo 5 might beat it.

H2A campaign is beautiful though. Dat new Delta Halo/Regret. Its teh s3x.

Considering the stuff we got in the MCC trailer and then in the bookend cinematics, thinking Arby would be a playable character seems foolish.

Speaking of playable characters, though, if the four-man teams are your coop buddies in full party situations, I wonder if that means they'll still have speaking roles. For a long time I always felt that silent protagonists during gameplay were the way to go because having a voice that "wasn't me" felt off, but either I've changed or games have gotten much better at it. I vastly preferred Halo 4's in-game dialogue with Cortana to getting ordered around like in previous games, and other games like Bioshock Infinite have really made me hate it when my character is a dumb mute these days. So would you as Kelly be responding to another player as John, et al?

One thing's for sure—you're not going to get casual players to care at all about the characters unless they've got a lot of time put into characterization, and really the best time to do that is during the actual gameplay itself.

I feel it would be cool during the campaign, each member of the team would be assigned a different objective according to their respective skill to work together towards a common main objective.

(I.e. Linda going up on a perch to snipe, while Kelly is running around dealing with threats and Chief is working towards the main objective, etc.)

Tawpgun

It was never a good time to jump into Destiny.
It's always amusing how much people hate destiny and how they act like it killed their dog.

Great time to hop into destiny. Get the base game and house of wolves. You can skip the dark below and buy it if you want later. Hope you have some friends to play with.

And @henry I think playlist management will be easier in 5. Seems everytime they try and touch MCC something breaks so it takes longer. MCC also has the added challenge of balancing so many maps and game modes in so few hoppers with that small population.

Will we see Btb maps in 4v4? Hope not.
Will we see ar starts? Probably. But at least this time we will either play Br starts da goat or meh ar starts whatever

As opposed to BR starts da goat vs kill me now insta quit ar starts in other halos

IronWarrior

Neo Member
Reach was great fun. The DMR felt great and the pistol was useful from a distance. Not my favorite MP, but the campaign had a really good pace and setting. Heck, I even soloed Firefight. I think Reach had my favorite art style too. Halo 5 might beat it.

H2A campaign is beautiful though. Dat new Delta Halo/Regret. Its teh s3x.

I really liked how versatile the magnum was. It wasn't too hard to ping snipers from a distance and with skill you could beat most ARs except at close range, but you needed to really make your shots. Reach overall had a pretty solid weapon sandbox, just about everything could be useful in the right situation. Armour Abilities and Bloom really hurt it though, especially Bloom. It's not a terrible idea on paper since it allows the precision weapons to be useful at different ranges if the player knows how to properly control their bloom but was just annoying as heck to deal with in reality.

I'm kind of hoping with the pistol buff in H5 AR/Pistol starts get some prominence. I'm probably in a minority here but I really enjoyed swapping between the AR and pistol depending on the situation in Reach and I never felt too handicapped fighting a DMR with the magnum, at least not as completely helpless as in H2/H3 AR starts.

It's always amusing how much people hate destiny and how they act like it killed their dog.

Great time to hop into destiny. Get the base game and house of wolves. You can skip the dark below and buy it if you want later. Hope you have some friends to play with.

It's by no means a perfect game, but damn is it fun to play. The actual mechanics are so solid, that is almost with the price of admission itself.

I agree with Tawp. Dark Below DLC can be skipped pretty much. Get House of Wolves DLC when it comes out May 19th. HoW updates the game to where it should have been at launch. Bungie took A LOT of player feedback to heart and are about to make some pretty significant changes when HoW drops.

Mmmmm that new OP smell. Now who will be the first to drop a french fry between the seats?

Wall of shame should be a part of all OT OPs going forward, IMO. Lets me know who to put on ignore. Clearly, nobody who posts so often as to make it into the top 5 is going to say anything worth reading.

I was just about to say go fuck yourself, then I got the joke.

If Destiny had more than 4 versions of the same multiplayer mode I probably would have stuck around for a lot longer. I still don't understand that, when Halo has had such a varied selection of multiplayer modes since day one. And ya know, customs.

If Destiny had more than 4 versions of the same multiplayer mode I probably would have stuck around for a lot longer. I still don't understand that, when Halo has had such a varied selection of multiplayer modes since day one. And ya know, customs.

It's baffling. I play Control and Control only. When Iron Banner is around, I switch to that because it's also Control haha.

-Ryn

Banned
I didn't see it noted at the end of the last OT, but Josh confirmed over on Beyond that Invasion won't be in Halo 5.

I didn't expect it back, personally. Sounds like we may here more about BTB/large scale multiplayer & vehicles come E3.
081.gif

*sigh*

#MaybeHalo6
#FlimsyExcuses
#Beli343
#somethingsomethingbutts

P sure this shitposting at this rate.

Mods have been called

Enjoy your ban
Tawp pls

Best time. HoW is going to make Destiny what it should been at launch.
Uhhh...

I'm probably in a minority here but I really enjoyed swapping between the AR and pistol depending on the situation in Reach and I never felt too handicapped fighting a DMR with the magnum, at least not as completely helpless as in H2/H3 AR starts.

Its okay that you like something than the majority here. Im a competitive CSGO player and love my Halo league settings, but I totally agree with you. With a good pistol buff the AR/pistol dynamic will be something I look forward to.

But it's fun. So it's like throwing shit at each other.

I have never partaken in the act, but I'm pretty sure literally throwing shit is better than playing Destiny MP.

The worse part is, because of the grind, I HAVE to play MP. Iron Banner has gear outside of raid items to level you up to max, pretty good guns, and Trials of Osiris will be just as important in those regards. I'm hosed.

Until Arkham Knight comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom