• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is true

Trials of Osiris is looking to remedy that though. The match in the stream yesterday was intense.

My main issue that kills the destiny experience for me is the fact that all boss battles are Tarturus2.0.

I absolutely abhor bullet sponge enemies. Even with friends, it's obnoxious to me.

It's always amusing how much people hate destiny and how they act like it killed their dog.

Great time to hop into destiny. Get the base game and house of wolves. You can skip the dark below and buy it if you want later. Hope you have some friends to play with.

And @henry I think playlist management will be easier in 5. Seems everytime they try and touch MCC something breaks so it takes longer. MCC also has the added challenge of balancing so many maps and game modes in so few hoppers with that small population.

Will we see Btb maps in 4v4? Hope not.
Will we see ar starts? Probably. But at least this time we will either play Br starts da goat or meh ar starts whatever

As opposed to BR starts da goat vs kill me now insta quit ar starts in other halos

TBPF, at this point I'm mostly just hating on Destiny for my own amusement. The actual anger faded a while ago.

Might pick it up again if I see it on sale.

if supers were out it would be way more interesting.

Though Destiny's MP's biggest problem is all maps are shit.

Supers destroy flow like nobody's business, and the maps are so poorly designed it's hard for me to accept the same guys that made Halo made Destiny.

Halo 5 at least felt like the old dog with new tricks. So long as we have the community and net code to support it, I can see myself sticking to it for most of my fps MP needs.

That'll be $100, sir.

$140 in my case, but I got all of the Limited Edition paid off. I keep telling myself I'm waiting to see what's in the Season Pass before buying, but I'm fooling myself. I'll buy it like I always buy Batman dlc...

How dare you insult Shores of Time, heathen.

Meh. B/C caps are ridiculously hard to combat. I will say that limiting Special and Heavy Ammo helped quite a bit.

So we can find some sort of on topic balance, what's everyone's favorite and least favorite Halo 5 beta map, and why?

Meh. B/C caps are ridiculously hard to combat. I will say that limiting Special and Heavy Ammo helped quite a bit.

So we can find some sort of on topic balance, what's everyone's favorite and least favorite Halo 5 beta map, and why?

Favorite: Empire. Just a ton of fun, and both teams were visible (outside of their base) so there's that.

Least favorite: Truth. Where the fuck is blue team?

Halo |OT 24| We only talk about Destiny

Pretty much. I feel like the gaming side thread for Halo 5 HtT is eating some of the discussion too.

I was hard to see Spartans. So, yeah.

Yeah the lighting issues on the darker maps was nuts. Hope the changes they apparently are making fix it.

That being said, I loved Eden. Empire was fun, but the night setting, the catwalk over mid, and the interactive cover was awesome. Least favorite is probably Orion, since there are too many nooks and crannies to exploit, and the lower mid area was so low traffic it was kinda pointless.

Haruko

For me,

Regular:
Truth > Pegasus > Empire = Eden > Regret > Orion

Orion with a tamed sun and less spawntrap on rocks behind Blue's start would put it more in the middle for me.

Eden with Blue Team visibility improved would bump it up.

Breakout:
Crossfire > Trench

The geometry of Crossfire was just more interesting to me. I liked the speedball/paintball vibe from it.

nMBzZNS.jpg

Hmmm

For me,

Regular:

Truth > Pegasus > Empire = Eden > Regret > Orion

Orion with a tamed sun and less spawntrap on rocks behind Blue's start would put it more in the middle for me.

Eden with Blue Team visibility improved would bump it up.

Breakout:
Crossfire > Trench

The geometry of Crossfire was just more interesting to me. I liked the speedball/paintball vibe from it.

Rocks behind Blue was a weird area. There's like a whole ramp leading down to duck in, but it really didn't overlook anything of importance. And heaven help you if you spawn there and someone chucks a nade.

I can't really decide between Crossfire and Trench. Crossfire was totally a speedball course and I loved that, but I liked the more rectangular shape of Trench, and all the spaces you can sneak around. Both have strengths and weaknesses to them. I kinda wonder if we'll get other Breakout maps at launch.

AlStrong

Rocks behind Blue was a weird area. There's like a whole ramp leading down to duck in, but it really didn't overlook anything of importance. And heaven help you if you spawn there and someone chucks a nade.

Marathon/Reclaimer symbol doorways... hm... Maybe it's an ancient Forerunner site built for Reclaimers.

That is why I'm interested in the game, fire fight was the shot. I haven't read up on it but its their a level requirement to do it?

Since it's "replacing" a raid, I imagine it'd be the first introduced level of the expansion, so probably like... 33? As a recommendation anyway. Did VoG or CE have a level requirement?

Marathon/Reclaimer symbol doorways... hm... Maybe it's an ancient Forerunner site built for Reclaimers.

I just hope they're not pulling a Reach and making the MP maps first, then making them be the SP levels....

-Ryn

Banned
BTB Ultra Vehicle Boogaloo better be pretty damn cool for 343 to be skipping out on Invasion. Again...

It's always amusing how much people hate destiny and how they act like it killed their dog.
Destiny did kill my dog

There's not really any hate anymore personally. As Poodle said it's more so just quips for the sake of a cheap laugh.

A short summary of my actual issues with it would be that even putting what could've been aside, Destiny is a mediocre game at best and a bad one at worst IMHO (albeit one with bits of brilliance). It's lack of content by itself is ridiculous so the fact that the DLC, which adds very little to the already pitiful amount of content, is $10-15 a pop (with more on the way) is insulting. There's also the completely unnecessary online only aspect and the lack of features such as theater which doesn't help. If I hadn't bought the Ghost Edition I probably would've sold it by now.

It's a pretty game with beautiful music, solid core gameplay, and a nice progression system. It just doesn't have enough content, variety, or even a good story (and no the Grimiore does not count).

5 pages, only 2 #NoMotionTracker posts, 0 posts about the CE Pistol, confirmation of no Invasion and Destiny chatter.. again.

New thread, same ol' disappointments. Hate you all.

#NoMotionTracker
#SaveThePistolSaveHalo
#CustomGamesBrowserIsTheOnlyWayToEnsureMatchmakingPlaylistsDontRuinOurLivesAgainLikeEveryOtherHaloGameButPeopleStillComplainAboutPlaylistManagamentAndARStartsWhenThatWouldBeSolvedWithACustomGamesBrowserSoGetYourShitTogetherHaloGAF​

Matchmaking is the true enemy of Halo, not 343 and their lack of playlist management. Same cycle will continue to happen until we unite like we did for a Spectator Mode. CyReN, why the hell haven't you been raising hell over this with the Beyond community? You guys clearly hate sprint with a passion, so know what would fix that? The ability to play what you want, when you want against randoms without tediously setting up Custom Games.

Stop wasting your breath on sprint when it's here to stay. It may be too late for Halo 5 and a CGB, but not for Halo 6. Remember these words for when Halo 5's playlist are not what people want to play and everyone's still bitching about things that wouldn't be an issue with a CGB.

ty all for your time. stop talking about Destiny. have a wonderful day.

Since it's "replacing" a raid, I imagine it'd be the first introduced level of the expansion, so probably like... 33? As a recommendation anyway. Did VoG or CE have a level requirement?

Vault of Glass

Normal: 26 difficulty
Hard: 30 difficulty

Crota's End

Normal: 30 difficulty
Hard: 33 difficulty

Prison of Elders

Not a raid. Particular details haven't been revealed yet.

Vault of Glass

Normal: 26 difficulty
Hard: 30 difficulty

Crota's End

Normal: 30 difficulty
Hard: 33 difficulty

Prison of Elders

These details haven't been revealed yet.

then yeah, I'd imagine 33. It's also unknown if there are different difficulties for Prison of Elders. I imagine there are.

-Ryn

Banned
Lest we forget that Sprint can be turned off (which I
and some others I guess
fucking called thanks), so that's at least promising. If H6 has Custom Browsers which it probably will to some extent, shits gun b k.

AR/Pistol starts are the future (as long as the Pistol doesn't suck ass nuggets)

Motion Tracker is m'kay but sucks competitively so I wouldn't mind if it was gone even though it will never truly be

Juices is a Tsundere-type

I got a job

#Nomotiontracker
#Whatsinthedamnbox
#Thisismylife
#butts

Dammit Ryn, slow down your posts
I'm sorry D:

I thought I was holding back last OT

Halo |OT 24| We only talk about Destiny
Halo |OT 72| Halo 6 Was Cool But Remember How Shitty Destiny MP Was?
LMAO

Quick somebody throw a rock at him and some bait

One day, Ryn will miss an OT. Maybe because of work, or romance, or simple disinterest in our antics and/or Halo. But he will.

And when he comes back, he will quote literally every post in that OT.

Calling it now.

Nowise10

I feel like if Firefight was in Halo 4, it wouldn't have been fun. I am just imagining it, but I couldn't see anyone actually putting time into it, like in Halo ODST and Reach. From the enemy design, to the weapons, basically the route that 343 did with everything in Halo 4. I feel like it wouldn't have the same feeling and entertainment value.

Fuchsdh

I feel it would be cool during the campaign, each member of the team would be assigned a different objective according to their respective skill to work together towards a common main objective.

(I.e. Linda going up on a perch to snipe, while Kelly is running around dealing with threats and Chief is working towards the main objective, etc.)

Well, I hope if what we're talking about is what's going on (with the Repub Commando pedigree it seems plausible) that they definitely improve on Noble Team from Reach, whose interest and utility as an in-game force was pretty clearly irrelevant by midway through the first level.

I feel like if Firefight was in Halo 4, it wouldn't have been fun. I am just imagining it, but I couldn't see anyone actually putting time into it, like in Halo ODST and Reach. From the enemy design, to the weapons, basically the route that 343 did with everything in Halo 4. I feel like it wouldn't have the same feeling and entertainment value.

It would have been... odd. Way too big maps, the inclusion of AA/Sprint, and a kind of one note sandbox. If they had some kind of objective every couple of rounds, like 5 and 10 and so on, it could work. Idk. It'd feel more like MW3's wave defense mode than Firefight.

Well, for one there's only one game to deal with

So there's too many games to update for a company that released a five game collection and promised the game would be carefully curated. Got it.

And the game probably won't be completely broken for 4ish months then get somewhat fixed for a month then get broken again

The fact that the game was non-functional for so long makes the complete absence of playlist management even more damning for 343. Party functionality has nothing to do with them weighting BR starts or putting Bloodline in a 4v4 list (they can't have playtested that once). Also, Halo 3 Forge has been fixed for nearly two weeks now. Why on earth weren't the updated H3 maps sorted in tandem with the TU? You'd think they'd be like "Holy shit we promised updated MM variants for the LAUNCH of this game on November 11th... GUYS, it's mid April and we're still locked in to forced AR starts for objective gametypes! The TU's out? Forge is fixed? Right, everyone on updating the game so it resembles what we promised our consumers before they gave us their money. Why the fuck are you still working on another game when the one we've just released is still busted? No one goes home until this is finished. We don't want to look like literal conmen"

But nah HASHTAG HUNT THE TRUTH HAICH FIVE HYPE!

An entire company tasked with looking after a single franchise and they can't hit their launch day projection 6 months after release.[/QUOTE]

And @henry I think playlist management will be easier in 5. Seems everytime they try and touch MCC something breaks so it takes longer. MCC also has the added challenge of balancing so many maps and game modes in so few hoppers with that small population.

SWAT has updated H3 variants so not sure why they're not in H3 list. Not sure why Obj is still exclusively AR starts. Not sure why not a single playlist has had a map/gametype reshuffle like every single Halo release ever has had by the 6 month mark. Oh wait I am sure, cause the game's got a skeleton crew working on 6 weekly updates for the most basic of functionality and MS isn't even pretending to care about it anymore. They got their money and the Bone investment so fuck it.

Point is, if the will was there, basic shit like playlist management would be fixed. The will is with developing the next multi million dollar cash bonanza. $250 Legendary edition L M A O

Firefight was fun because one was playing as an ODST. I didn't find *****'s version of it as fun.

Hey everyone, another dissatisfied MCC customer. Move along.

Btw dude, as annoying as the problems are and as much of a waste of money some of you feel the MCC is... There are a lot of behind the scenes politics, contracts, deadlines, technical hurdles and issues none of us probably know.

Frustration is totally acceptable but going on long angry tirades and pissing and moaning that people are excited for Halo 5 is ridiculous.

inb4 I'm called a 343 apologist and slrpr

At least Ryn is a very nice fellow that doesn't pester people for having differing opinions.

Post away.

I disagree. Consider yourself pestered.

Hey everyone, another dissatisfied MCC customer. Move along.

Btw dude, as annoying as the problems are and as much of a waste of money some of you feel the MCC is... There are a lot of behind the scenes politics, contracts, deadlines, technical hurdles and issues none of us probably know.

Frustration is totally acceptable but going on long angry tirades and pissing and moaning that people are excited for Halo 5 is ridiculous.

Some people have been angry with 343i since 2012. That's like telling someone not to be mad about the little bit of poop in their soup they bought at the restaurant. There's lots of behind the scenes politics deadlines and contracts that you don't know about. There's still poop in my soup tho

My main issue that kills the destiny experience for me is the fact that all boss battles are Tarturus2.0.

I absolutely abhor bullet sponge enemies. Even with friends, it's obnoxious to me.

Aye, this is true. The new Destiny PvP sounds good, but it still has the same underlying structure that I'm not that keen on.

Also, H4 would have done FF fine, would far rather that than SpOps.

Also, H5 hype-train wooooowoooo

-Ryn

Banned
One day, Ryn will miss an OT. Maybe because of work, or romance, or simple disinterest in our antics and/or Halo. But he will.

And when he comes back, he will quote literally every post in that OT.

Calling it now.
The community is my job

Halo is my love

Your antics are my inspiration

I was just as surprised as you guys were that I was in the top 3
maybe more surprised

At least Ryn is a very nice fellow that doesn't pester people for having differing opinions.

Post away.
BackAcclaimedCreature.gif

Nowise10

Firefight was fun because one was playing as an ODST. I didn't find *****'s version of it as fun.

Halo 3: ODST was actually a challenge, and new. Very scarce resources, the atmosphere of all the levels and the covenant. Reach introduced a lot of new gamemodes, and daily challenges promoted Firefight play, (I still feel like Bungie missed a great opportunity for the competitive Firefight in Matchmaking, such as Generator Defense, and Versus). Reach made the mistake of infinite ammo and all junk. Took away the challenge. They should've made it a one class deal in co-op, so only one person with a jetpack, one person as a healer, ect.

jem0208

No one's denying that 343's handling of this has been utter dog shite (if you are then stop being silly). However some people don't let themselves get hung up over a video game.

Yes I'm excited for 5, yes I'm almost certainly going to buy it. Why? Because I want to have fun playing Halo, there's not much fun in getting pissed off about a broken 6 month old game.

willow ve

So is MCC fixed yet?
Are the Halo 3 maps / gametypes updated?
Are there ranks in all the playlists?

Is it Halo just like we remember it?

Impala26

Halo 3: ODST was actually a challenge, and new. Very scarce resources, the atmosphere of all the levels and the covenant. Reach introduced a lot of new gamemodes, and daily challenges promoted Firefight play, (I still feel like Bungie missed a great opportunity for the competitive Firefight in Matchmaking, such as Generator Defense, and Versus). Reach made the mistake of infinite ammo and all junk. Took away the challenge. They should've made it a one class deal in co-op, so only one person with a jetpack, one person as a healer, etc.

Go back to playing Team Fortress 2 with that shite, nerd.

That actually sounds pretty interesting tbh <3

(only just noticed this haha)

Raid bosses are far better, since there are steps that you have to take to damage them, and it's not spelled out for the player. No idea if/how it'd work in Halo though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom