• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opinions as follows-

-I like sprint, want it in Halo 4
-However, if implemented in Halo 4 I still hope MC does not move too slow without it.
-evade shouldn't be in most gametypes/maps
-Jetpacks are fun to use, not fun to fight. Would like to see them revamped.
-cR is good, but we need stuff too spend it on. Also, I would like some armor to unlock via achievements, hidden items/skulls, etc.
-Find a way to bring back equipment 2.0
-Please never do anything like armor lock again

Inject new life? Just give us H2 back. The last attempt at changing multiplayer up so much gave us Reach.

I agree, but I also want Halo to evolve. Not all changes have to be bad, and if we continue to play the exact same game it will get stale. I know Reach has soured a lot of peoples opinions about making changes, but I think some can and should be made.

My problem with evade is thus, I don't like shooting at pinballs on small maps okay? Especially in objective that's more about team placement than any other game. Get flag, set up, hurp evade around anyway. Not to mention I'm just not a fucking fan of cheat death tactics in general. They're just unnecessary in Halo. Compared to SO many other FPSes the fights are dynamic and long enough, do we really need to give people escape death mechanics on top of it?

Just fucking give me h2 mobility and cut the AA bullshit out. If you want something like evade implement a faster side step/dodge, not a fucking huge somersault that can be spammed twice.

Hey what's up halo-gaf I have been a lurker here ever since the Tom Morello leak with halo reach. Six months ago I tried to get an account and it finally activated. I'm really excited to start contributing to this community.

Opinions as follows-

-I like sprint, want it in Halo 4
-However, if implemented in Halo 4 I still hope MC does not move too slow without it.
I kind of hate sprint as I could never really find a proper flow in games with it. It's either RUN RUN RUN oh god I can't run anymore I WANNA RUN and I suddenly stroll around at a normal pace getting all paranoid that someone is gonna catch up to me. I like the set pace of the previous games, and this also cuts down on another thing: listening to the stupid constant panting and wheezing of my character, I get enough of that in real life when I run 10 feet.

Hey what's up halo-gaf I have been a lurker here ever since the Tom Morello leak with halo reach. Six months ago I tried to get an account and it finally activated. I'm really excited to start contributing to this community.
Welcome!

TheOddOne

Welcome!

Rule one: never play Reach.
Rule two: Post Sai-Kun gifs and other spam.
Rule three: complain about the lack of Halo 4 info.

Halo 4 will have sprint

Mark my beard.
It likely will, and will be a personal disappointment to me. Though I imagine most people won't care or will like the change.

So I'll just sit there and take it.

ZfhL8.jpg

Sprint isn't that big of a deal to me anymore since the other AAs are so fucking obnoxious. I think what angered me most about them was the lack of foresight involved.

Homeboyd

That Morello leak brought quite a few Gaffer's here...

Tom Morello = Evilore?

Or.. since Dani, yes Dani, posted the leak...

Dani = Slightly Live = Tom Morello = Evilore?

Welcome!

Rule one: never play Reach.
Rule two: Post Sai-Kun gifs and other spam.
Rule three: complain about the lack of Halo 4 info.

All right sounds easy enough I've been following those rules already (except rule 2). I actually broke my halo reach "fast" today and I have to say TU reach is better but it doesn't feel right. It feels like this game is trying to be like past halos but can't because of the way the game was originally designed. Still glad 343i at least listened to the community though and gave it to us.

All right sounds easy enough I've been following those rules already (except rule 2). I actually broke my halo reach "fast" today and I have to say TU reach is better but it doesn't feel right. It feels like this game is trying to be like past halos but can't because of the way the game was originally designed. Still glad 343i at least listened to the community though and gave it to us.

I still prefer bastardized post TU Reach over the bloom infested, no melee bleed through vanilla shit.

Damn I'm pissy tonight.

TheOddOne

You broke the first two rules already? Welcome to Halo-GAF.

Breakin' rules since November 15, 2001.

wwm0nkey

So I was at work and apparently I work with one of "Those guys". Was talking to one of my co-workers about the new Halo books and what will probably lead into Halo 4, then this other guy hears us talking about Halo and was telling us "leaked" details like how the Arbiter will be playable again and how the planet is Onyx. Then when I tell him what happened in Glasslands he just goes "nope"

:/

Noobs, if it's a huge deal why did you contribute to the problem by boosting steelyuhas' new account?

As the late, great Michael Jackson said, "I'm starting with the man in the mirror. I'm asking him to change his ways."

Whoa, really casually throwing out my name and boosting there!

Which reminds me, Noobs, I already got my account back from MS, so if you want that account back, feel free to snag it. I didn't change the password.

I get major Metroid Prime vibes from the Concept Art teaser from Halo Fest, and Kynan Pearson worked on that before coming to 343... and those were fantastic games in the exploration department. So part of me is hoping for a story structure similar to ODST: Master Chief is all alone on a mysterious forerunner world in the unknown reaches of space, surrounded by hostiles. All of the stages branch off from a single hub you have to carefully pick your way through because there's Very Bad Forerunner Things out there waiting to rip you to shreds. Scattered through the hub are chunks of the Forward Unto Dawn (for Human ammo replenishment) and all sorts of goodies to uncover if you just open your eyes and look for them.
This paragraph is beauty.

Halo 4 will have sprint

Mark my beard.

But, I just shaved.

Sad thing is...two of those nades were thrown by Tebow.

MSOKc.gif

Ramirez

So I was at work and apparently I work with one of "Those guys". Was talking to one of my co-workers about the new Halo books and what will probably lead into Halo 4, then this other guy hears us talking about Halo and was telling us "leaked" details like how the Arbiter will be playable again and how the planet is Onyx. Then when I tell him what happened in Glasslands he just goes "nope"

:/

Your first mistake...having serious VG discussion at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom