• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the moment the attacking team in the second round has scored more points than the attacking team in the first round did the game should end immediately. No reason to keep playing after that.

Of course.

Pretty safe to assume that juices got a flawed Halo 3 disc that ran the game at constant 15fps, 500ms ping and booted him from games often.

So Halo 3 then?

GAF:

Should I play Reach tonight, or should I continue my no-HUD Metroid Prime run?

I'm sure you figured this out, but Metroid was the obviously choice.

Ramirez

Pistol is the most random weapon in a FPS ever, be it vanilla, TU, or Anny. Went from my highest TOD in the beta to being something I want to drop ASAP, heh.

Ramirez

Play more MLG, it's the best weapon in that playlist.

smh, the fact that they ever put it in is mind boggling.

What is it in the TU, a 4 shot? People drop me in seconds with spam, but I try to pace and can't even break shields without reloading, I really despise the bloom on the pistol more than any other weapon.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
smh, the fact that they ever put it in is mind boggling.

What is it in the TU, a 4 shot? People drop me in seconds with spam, but I try to pace and can't even break shields without reloading, I really despise the bloom on the pistol more than any other weapon.

Well they made the switch from bloom to no bloom but never changed any of the settings around it. Off season I guess :/ but yea that should change with the next iteration of MLG settings. I just hate that people are running around MLG abusing this gun, winning games and think they're good because of it.

ProXimity

Banned
So the dev team says they want players to "feel the weight" of Master Chief.

Let's be clear... sluggish movement speed = sluggish gameplay = not Halo.
I hope they follow through with their explanation of that phrasing, because if not, we're looking at another broken Halo title.

Reach has its merits but its numbers speak for themselves.

nomis

I hope they follow through with their explanation of that phrasing, because if not, we're looking at another broken Halo title.

Somehow I doubt Frankie and crew would let "feel the weight" be the same philosophy as Killzone 2's controls. 343 knows how Halo games control. They own every line of engine code.

Untracked

So I've been away from Halo for a while and I come back to find this at the bottom of my Reach Service Record...

Xkf1M.jpg

What sorcery is this?! I'm seriously confused right now.

Crysis 2 athletics + faster movement = win.

arena was so poorly implemented. how come only my last 3 seasons are available on reach, my current and last season on bungie and nothing on waypoint

to top it off, to figure out other peoples rank while playing, you got to go through this complicated maze. 3 had it right.

Gazzawa

arena was so poorly implemented. how come only my last 3 seasons are available on reach, my current and last season on bungie and nothing on waypoint

to top it off, to figure out other peoples rank while playing, you got to go through this complicated maze. 3 had it right.

The game is dead. The kids want ME3 now.

Striker

Locking ranks were never right. Agree the Arena was poorly implemented. Its actual use is pretty solid though. The fact people have to go through so many pages to see it, or your stats for it, and it being in a single playlist, is another argument.

You know what Im kinda tired of? MP map environments based mostly off of campaign. When you go back to the older games and see how unique and mysterious some of the locales were and then play Reach it makes me sad. I would love to see modern revisions of some of the more unique styles and locations.
We saw this all the time in Halo 2 and 3. Sanctuary/Delta Halo, Turf/Outskirts, Terminal/Metropolis, notably. In H3, it was pretty rampant as well. You had some unique areas, of course, like Relic.

I was fine with the art direction borrowing from the campaign, but when the maps are literally sharing geography with campaign spaces thats what bothers me.

I do have to say though, that artistically the maps I like most are the ones that do take advantage of the fact they arent limited to being areas we have seen aesthetically. Multiplayer maps are a good chance to have fun with locations, I hope we get some interesting locales in the Halo 4 multiplayer.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Who are you calling a supernerd!?

But yeah, most people think Halo is stupid because it's unrealistic :|

I think it falls more in line with difficulty.

Both Halo and Gears have smaller communities because they are harder to be good at, especially if you're solo.

In COD you can dominated even if you're by yourself.

Add in the popularity (fad) of "real" war games because of the current war and there you go.

I think it falls more in line with difficulty.

Both Halo and Gears have smaller communities because they are harder to be good at, especially if you're solo.

In COD you can dominated even if you're by yourself.

Add in the popularity (fad) of "real" war games because of the current war and there you go.

I'm sure that's a big reason, but for the guys in my school, it's just because it isn't realistic. They've never even played a Halo game. This is a quote of one of them why Halo is bad: ''Haha, you're shooting with a weapon you'll never even use in real life''.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I'm sure that's a big reason, but for the guys in my school, it's just because it isn't realistic. They've never even played a Halo game. This is a quote of one of them why Halo is bad: ''Haha, you're shooting with a weapon you'll never even use in real life''.

And most of them won't use the weapons in COD in real life either. Also, there are weapons in COD that aren't real either, like a heat seeking AT4, it doesn't exist.
Those kids make me want to curb stomp a kitten.

Fuchsdh

I was fine with the art direction borrowing from the campaign, but when the maps are literally sharing geography with campaign spaces thats what bothers me.

I do have to say though, that artistically the maps I like most are the ones that do take advantage of the fact they arent limited to being areas we have seen aesthetically. Multiplayer maps are a good chance to have fun with locations, I hope we get some interesting locales in the Halo 4 multiplayer.

Agreed. I've always loved the idea of playing in a location that I could believe was just a block down from where I was fragging aliens in the campaign (Turf) or if it was just a place we did't have a chance to see (Relic). Inspired by the campaign is fine--but I think outright borrowing the spaces (or however they were done, designed by MP and then inserted into SP) just didn't click for me.

And most of them won't use the weapons in COD in real life either. Also, there are weapons in COD that aren't real either, like a heat seeking AT4, it doesn't exist.

To me the biggest difference between Halo and games like CoD, UT, etc., is that there's a chance for me to fight back. In CoD games I've played whoever sees the other person and gets a bead on them wins. In Halo, you've always had a chance to even the scales in most cases. While Reach slowed things down a bit too much in regards to movement, I still prefer that to the ADD pace of lots of UT-style shooters.

Yep, I don't even try to argue with them because I know it wont matter. Luckily, it's all friendly teasing, no bullying etc is involved but it still drives me nuts :p

Yeah, aesthetics are fine, but it's so bizarre that in Reach the inserted MP maps serve little to no purpose and have no interesting encounters. Maybe Sword Base, but that'd be about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom