• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

I like Halo 3's, never a big fan of Halo 2's always pissed off high maintenance chick look, but my favorite will always be the original cartoony one. She just had this subtle beauty and motherly warmth to her comparable to the Boss (MGS3) and Alyx (HL2) that was lost in the more realistic versions.

Yep. Real reason is video game developers are nerds. I approve.

camel.jpg

I literally just spat out my drink.

Not sure that would go to well for a halo game.

All the more reason to give Chief his armored codpiece back. Even a supersoldier would be embarassed by a surprise boner every time Cortana made a physical manifestation.

Booshka

All the more reason to give Chief his armored codpiece back. Even a supersoldier would be embarassed by a surprise boner every time Cortana made a physical manifestation.

New Armor Ability, when MC gets a boner, his codpiece blasts off and can stun a group of enemies.

New Armor Ability, when MC gets a boner, his codpiece blasts off and can stun a group of enemies.

Cant be much worse than the other armour abilities I suppose.

Just re-watched the Halo 4 reveal trailer, its pretty odd that I didnt fully see how different the armour was till seeing the toy lol. That directors cut of the trailer is pretty good. I didnt really dig it the first time I saw it. (Seeing Reach MP in CEA soured me lol)

Booshka

Halo 2 or Halo 3 for me.
It's muddled by the narrative differences in Halo 2 & Halo 3.

Maybe if the screen was filled with Cortana's tits instead of her face while she interrupted you with her nonsensical monologues in Halo 3 I wouldn't have minded so much.

I like every thing about Halo CE so I also like Cortana in that one better too, even though she looks goofy.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I think Elzar is beating me by a second.

I know of plenty of spaces I could have shaved off time.
This is why I uninstalled the demo and ran away. I saw a 1.48 time, and even then I noticed areas where it could've been improved. But that's 9 seconds off my time. Driving me insane.

Back to playing Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection.

This is actually true and something we are wrestling with. The better the fidelity, the more naked.she looks. :-(

game people problems

Embrace it.

Lol, but seriously I do like her Halo 3 appearance and hope huge changes aren't made in the over all art-style, just detail. I'd rather her appear "naked" than look like the CG e3 trailer and Serena from Halo Wars. If they changed her proportions a bit to compensate for the additional detail though I don't think I would mind.

Anyone have a good pic of Cortana from Reach?

Maybe if the screen was filled with Cortana's tits instead of her face while she interrupted you with her nonsensical monologues in Halo 3 I wouldn't have minded so much.
God. What were they called? They're in-game "pop-ups" for all intensive purposes.
Talk about having good intentions (keeping the emotional connection) and completely missing the mark.

I love Halo 3, but man, some of the decisions made...

That was a quip not a monologue, and my Warthog didn't slow to 5 mph while she said it either.
I think he meant something else...

feel

Embrace it.

Lol, but seriously I do like her Halo 3 appearance and hope huge changes aren't made in the over all art-style, just detail. I'd rather her appear "naked" than look like the CG e3 trailer and Serena from Halo Wars. If they changed her proportions a bit to compensate for the additional detail though I don't think I would mind.

Anyone have a good pic of Cortana from Reach?
jCnBXYDZazcjE.jpg

Don't remember if there were better angles, I only played through the game once.

jCnBXYDZazcjE.jpg

Don't remember if there were better angles, I only played through the game once.

Yeah, I don't recall any better views of her in the game. I wonder if anyone figured out a way to get a front facing picture.. Anyways, her style there seems to be a sort of throw back to Halo 1 while still meshing with her Halo 3 self. Now im curious on how different she may or mat not look in Reach.

ElRenoRaven

I myself like a combination of 2 and 3. Halo 3's model looked great other then the face. I think the ideal Cortana model would be Halo 2's head on the Halo 3 body.

The Halo 3 body looked great but the face for some reason seemed pudgy from some angles.

Trey

This is why I uninstalled the demo and ran away. I saw a 1.48 time, and even then I noticed areas where it could've been improved. But that's 9 seconds off my time. Driving me insane.

Back to playing Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection.

They're destroying the game over at merq city. 1:45 and 30mil+ scores like it ain't no thing.

also, they found an exploit/glitch to get even more ridiculous amount of points in trick it. Shit is crazy.

ElRenoRaven

This is why people have eating disorders.

Hey I'm a fat ass I can comment. I'm not saying that's a bad thing but it doesn't match the body. If she's going to have a slightly pudgy face then maybe she shouldn't have a size 0 or size 1 body. Get what I'm saying?

Her hair looks like that of my mom :|

She just looks like shit period. That model is the worst Cortana model I've ever seen be it fan done or game company done.

ElRenoRaven

I disagree. Although all of Halo 3's faces... :-/

Ugh. Not Cortana.

Hell who knows. Maybe it's just that all faces in 3 looked wierd. I can't think of 1 face in Halo 3 that I liked better then their Halo 2 character model's face. The body designs were great but the faces all just didn't match up as well as they did in Halo 2.

I myself like a combination of 2 and 3. Halo 3's model looked great other then the face. I think the ideal Cortana model would be Halo 2's head on the Halo 3 body.

The Halo 3 body looked great but the face for some reason seemed pudgy from some angles.

Eh, I think I like the softer features of the Halo 3 model, it gives her a little more personality, at least IMO.

Yeah, thats awful. Kinda screams unfinished tbh. She also looks like she's made out of rubber or something, with like zero features which just looks weird.

ElRenoRaven

It's like one of those awkward looking Cortana cosplayers

Even then most of them look better then that. I think I've only seen 1 awful Cortana cosplay. Course I'm not a huge cosplay fan either. Most though try and look like her at least. That looks nothing like Cortana other then it's blue.

I doubt that CGI Cortana from the announcement trailer is representative of what she will look like in the game.

You guys really get jacked up about Cortana and codpieces. I dunno, guess I just don't think it's that big of a deal. Each game is going to have its own visual style, I'll get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom