• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking more about the final kill to end a match, not the kill cam in general. But BF's "kill cam" is nothing like CoDs. I have no clue about Crysis though.

Bit of googling turned up the answer.

Activision patented the Kill cam from the killers 1st person perspective

Which is odd since Counter Strike had that i think.

I know it sounds crazy, but I swore I read on GAF that Activision has a patent on the kill cam. I don't even know if something like that can be patented, but I definitely read it in a BF or CoD thread one time.

That doesn't sound like something that's possible.

I have 4 rejection medals in competitive Reach, and I am ashamed of all four.

Bit of googling turned up the answer.

Activision patented the Kill cam from the killers 1st person perspective

That's crazy.

Was about to say, I remember that happening too, but I couldn't find it on the damn US Patent office's website.

My source was info from one of the APB devs relayed by a poster on the APB forums. Dev said it was patented, hence the Battlefield kill cams not being first person.

FyreWulff

My source was info from one of the APB devs relayed by a poster on the APB forums. Dev said it was patented, hence the Battlefield kill cams not being first person.

It depends on what name Activision filed it under. I could be spending the next few weeks untangling this. Patent search is completely useless :/

Speaking of which, does anyone have a WoW time card they could toss me? I'd be able to pay you back for it within a month, but some company was able to take 60$ out of my bank account so now I have no money left for birthday presents and it'll take until past that birthday to get it fixed <_<

It depends on what name Activision filed it under. I could be spending the next few weeks untangling this. Patent search is completely useless :/

Speaking of which, does anyone have a WoW time card they could toss me? I'd be able to pay you back for it within a month, but some company was able to take 60$ out of my bank account so now I have no money left for birthday presents and it'll take until past that birthday to get it fixed <_<

I will not feed your habit!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
You just jelly I got an unlimited amount of that medal.
nG3dy.gif

a lil jelly

FyreWulff

Thats so freaking stupid that stuff like that can patented. I wonder if there are any other workarounds.

Well, software patents are generally bullshit in the first place. But every video game company has patents.

Fun fact: Harmonix makes a bunch of money off Guitar Hero because Activision licenses some of their patents for it. So Guitar Hero dying lost Harmonix an extra income stream as well.

Slightly Live, what a very nice podcast that was. Really enjoyed it. Your voice didn't seem to be coming through as clearly/loudly as the others though which was just more of an inconvenience rather than a problem if you get me. So much info in there and plenty of laughs too. I look forward to the next one.

I just finished Cryptum, and I am very impressed with the connections to the terminals and the general story. It was great from beginning to end, with no real dull moments (maybe except from the sorta' slow beginning)

But man, at the end whenever
Mendicant Bias is revealed and Bornstellar realizes he is basically the Didact, those were pretty big plot points that were really cool. I saw the Didact thing coming, but to actually read it in the story was cool.
Can't wait until I get Primordium in the mail, and I'm just now starting on Glasslands.

Havok

Hey, 343 dudes, could we maybe take out the BTB developer map first slot/page reservation? Nobody in their right mind wants to play Boneyard 1 Flag CTF, Spire Slayer, or Temptation anything. And nobody seems to have Highlands, so its kind of a futile gesture.

Striker

On top of that, remove Wayont or put the original version in where the framerate wasn't poop on a stick. I don't know if the two-way shields are problematic to its severity, but it's ridiculous. I know from IloveBTB's version they had no shield.

FyreWulff

Hey, 343 dudes, could we maybe take out the BTB developer map first slot/page reservation? Nobody in their right mind wants to play Boneyard 1 Flag CTF, Spire Slayer, or Temptation anything. And nobody seems to have Highlands, so its kind of a futile gesture.

"We've raised Condemned's weighting in Living Dead!"

*leave all vanilla variants in, vastly reducing the statistical possibility of getting DLC*

*entire party goes searching, has to go through 3 games before Condemned as an option*

*Boardwalk and Deadwalk on same voting screen*

Booshka

Uhhhh, shit, I hope so. I think I'm one of the few players who plays competitively and plays with rumble. Ughhhh. adaption.jpg???

Don't worry, the GOAT Ogre 2 plays with vibration, so if this controller doesn't have Vibration as an option then it's not much of a Pro Controller at all.

Uhhhh, shit, I hope so. I think I'm one of the few players who plays competitively and plays with rumble. Ughhhh. adaption.jpg???

$100 controller without rumble. For shame.

"We've raised Condemned's weighting in Living Dead!"

*leave all vanilla variants in, vastly reducing the statistical possibility of getting DLC*

*entire party goes searching, has to go through 3 games before Condemned as an option*

*Boardwalk and Deadwalk on same voting screen*

I really want to try all the forged zombie maps, but I won't go in there as long as the original maps exist because I quickly realized when I tried that I'm just going to play the originals the whole time (and especially Sword Base, which should burn in the deepest of hells).

Random impulse to play ODST engage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom