• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havok

Half an hour after when new challenges normally go up, no new weeklies have been added. Wonder if it's just a glitch in the system.

Also, your new Halo 4 Infinity Challenge Playlist powered by VirginGaming.com and the all-new 2013 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor UNSC Edition is....Regicide.

Not Team Regicide, the other one.

:lol

TheOddOne

We're through the looking glass here.

Deep breaths, bro.

There is no need to be upset.
All I see are Heckfu's and a Tunavi. This shit is weird.

Half an hour after when new challenges normally go up, no new weeklies have been added. Wonder if it's just a glitch in the system.

Also, your new Halo 4 Infinity Challenge Playlist powered by VirginGaming.com and the all-new 2013 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor UNSC Edition is....Regicide.

tumblr_lra74ss1jt1qafrh6.gif

So am I lttp on this but I heard MLG can't do Halo 4 because Microsoft has an agreement with Virgin, wtf?

Well, according to Sundance, that's what it seems like. I don't think there's been any kind of official statement from Microsoft or 343 on that that I know of, though.

IHaveIce

Banned

wtf, 343 no pls.

Regicide ffa is shit, Team Regicide is probably the only good playlist.

Sai-kun

Banned

yoVF5.gif

Striker

Regicide ffa is shit, Team Regicide is probably the only good playlist.
Which is really sad.

JIP is still awful. Getting dropped into CTF games and there's enemies spawn killing Complex with Snipers. Why is there 2 flag on asymmetric maps still? Forget small maps - where is the symmetrical maps?

Dominion would be much better if they decreased the amount of power weapons like Incineration Cannons. You always see in the stats page where players with the most kills have 6+ kills with that thing, sometimes two or three players will.

Playlists/gametypes need a serious overhaul but you really have to doubt anything happens.

Personally I enjoy it when a game starts up and it's 2vs4, and then the game never has anybody join in so it's 2v4 the entire match. It's really fun!

The soundtrack was really good in Halo 4 and it gets completely fucked by compression half the time. I've never played a more inconsistent sounding Halo campaign. Truly a step backwards. Design for your fucking medium.

I even like the medal placement better. Le sign.

What that gif shows (or doesn't show you):
- No ordance bar
- No AA bar
- Recognisable medals
- No white text
- The BR

By the way, I like Ordance and AA, and don't mind the white text. It's just that I can imagine how deceptice that gif could be to most of the people who quit Halo 4 here.

TheOddOne

What that gif shows (or doesn't show you):
- No ordance bar
- No AA bar
- Recognisable medals
- No white text
- The BR

By the way, I like Ordance and AA, and don't mind the white text. It's just that I can imagine how deceptice that gif could be to most of the people who quit Halo 4 here.
My guess it was just a testbed session. Ordnance and AA might have already been there, but were not finished or fine tuned enough at that point.

Overdoziz

Banned

iehVVvFQs0z1U.gif

Havok

Any time I can create a post where 3/4ths of the responses are gifs, I know I have done well. Or very poorly. One of those two, there is no middle ground.

The soundtrack was really good in Halo 4 and it gets completely fucked by compression half the time. I've never played a more inconsistent sounding Halo campaign. Truly a step backwards. Design for your fucking medium.
Is it really the compression? I thought the stuff sounds great but it isn't well implanted and mixed with other sounds. There are some moments in the game where it is perfectly implanted. (Seeing the sky pillars in Requiem, or the Elevator sequence in Shutdown)

Is it really the compression? I thought the stuff sounds great but it isn't well implanted and mixed with other sounds. There are some moments in the game where it is perfectly implanted. (Seeing the sky pillars in Requiem, or the Elevator sequence in Shutdown)

It's definitely compressed to hell and back for cutscenes, at least. Also very badly implemented sometimes. I think 343 just sent Davidge a list of stuff they wanted, he sent them a few songs, and they never talked again after that.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hallelujah.

So Two Towers is like pretty epic in terms of battle but really I feel like you can skip it. Not much relationship exchange or adventure (plot progression) takes place. Its just like Faction vs Faction vs Faction (Whos on whos side?) And epic castle sieging. But its not like the individual exchanges of Fellowship, going straight to RoTK seems doable. Dont get me wrong Two Towers, is epic, I'd be hard pressed to think of a movie with better war and battle depiction.

Braveheart

Omni

Happy new year!

Man tonight has been depressing. I've never spent new years eve alone before. I honestly don't know what to do

Played a few games of 4 tonight. Pretty fun... game is much better when you're partied up.

It's definitely compressed to hell and back for cutscenes, at least. Also very badly implemented sometimes. I think 343 just sent Davidge a list of stuff they wanted, he sent them a few songs, and they never talked again after that.

I really like the implementation of Arrival in the final level, but then again Nemesis and 117 - while being fantastic tracks - are simply too fucking quiet!

If only there was a slider to adjust these things...

Also, about that Reqiuem track: It's wonderfully implemented... until you step into the Warthog and get your eardrums blasted away.

J10

Banned
There's an audible gap in the playback of Arrival when the scene changes as the level ramps up. Kill all the enemies before you activate the first light bridge so there's no noise and you'll hear it. It's the part where the Transformers-like strings come in.

There's an audible gap in the playback of Arrival when the scene changes as the level ramps up. Kill all the enemies before you activate the first light bridge so there's no noise and you'll hear it. It's the part where the Transformers-like strings come in.

Yeah, I had something weird happen twice, too: Both times that I played the level the track would end at some point and be replaced by another track (I guess the strings you're talking about). However, if I died after that point, Arrival would continue from somewhere in the middle and keep going for most of the battle.

... not that I minded that. I absolutely love that track.

Striker

Invasion 2.0? Golly, that sure sounds sweet!
Dominion suffers the same general things Invasion did: poor implementation for the armory and loadouts. It would have been nice to get set loadouts, like not getting the Boltshot as a secondary, not being able to use Camo or PV, no plasma grenade or plasma pistol off spawn, etc. As I said before, the concept in Dominion is really nice, but it is obviously plagued by poor decision making in relation to those things. Right now it's who can get ordnance drops from the Rocket Launcher or Incineration Cannon and be able to stay alive the longest in the bases.

J10

Banned
Yeah, I had something weird happen twice, too: Both times that I played the level the track would end at some point and be replaced by another track (I guess the strings you're talking about). However, if I died after that point, Arrival would continue from somewhere in the middle and keep going for most of the battle.

... not that I minded that. I absolutely love that track.

I think they intended for the music to ramp up with the action, but someone forgot to crossfade from one part of the arrangement to the next at that spot to mask the transition, so instead it just stops and picks up. It was fairly jarring on my first playthrough, but the second time I was actually listening for it.

I agree with others that the music could have been used much better. I really like the music, but it was clearly just another piece of the game that they outsourced and plugged in without enough consideration as to how it would fit the bigger picture. An in-house musician could have actually sat down with the animators and scored the game as they were programming it to make it all fit better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom