• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Nebula

Someone posted a website with a list of forge remakes but I can't find it. If anyone has the link, or can get the link and post it, that would be great.

Pop

So a wild frankie appears, ignores what everyone has been saying and laughs about his work being outsourced to everyone but 343i.

What is Halo anymore?

What I don't get is why they didn't take any big risks on this game. It's clear 343 doesn't care for classic Halo, so instead of fusing Call of Duty and Halo together, why would you not take some big (potentially terrible) risks and try some new/fresh/interesting ideas on not just the series, but the entire FPS genre. Sure, we'd probably still be here whining about Halo 4 being shit, but atleast there would be some attempt at greatness, instead of the pure mediocrity that we are stuck with now. This is why Halo 4 sucks, it doesn't even attempt to try anything new or interesting, it's fucking stale. It tries to take the middle road and pleases nobody.

Lets face it, the reason we are all here is because someone at Bungie had the great idea of trying to bring LAN atmosphere online. AKA; the party system. It changed online gaming, something Halo 4 and most likely the rest of the series will never even ATTEMPT to do.

Either go back to classic Halo, which 343 wont, or try to take the genre in a different direction. Copying Call of Duty is not the right answer.
i think that's what they want to do, but you have to meet the bar before you can raise it.

That is totally not Jennifer Hale playing Sarah Palmer in the latest Spartan Ops cinematic. Makes sense now that Palmer mysteriously wasn't in the last episode. Sounds like 343 lost the voice actress for whatever reason.

Except:

Waypointer: Why isn't CSR visible in game? I've yet to see 343 answer this question.

bsangel: We are focused on creating a seamless companion for pro and expert players without making a highly visible attractive nuisance for casual abusers and cheats.

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm2209520_NEWS--The-Halo-Bulletin--1-23-13.aspx#post2209520

If by some chance you are reading this bsangel/343, this is nonsense and I am disappoint. I don't know if that's corporate bs or if you guys really believe that. How can I be a bsangel groupie after that?

The Halo franchise is easy to love, but even easier to hate these days...

TheOddOne

Does the game feature a Scottish character? I wonder how he feels about the Welsh Fairy in Ni No Kuni?
Miyamoto doesn't like Scottish characters. The actual truth is that kilts are very hard to render. Sean Connery was called in to fix the problem, but he got mad and fought Miyamoto. The rest is history.

I wonder how he feels about The Wind Waker HD remake.

I was left with disappointment after that Nintendo Direct showing. Nintendo is still copping out and gives off the impression that they're not ready for next gen gaming.

Mcrosoft and Nintendo are one in the same with some of their franchises.

I was left with disappointment after that Nintendo Direct showing. Nintendo is still copping out and gives off the impression that they're not ready for next gen gaming.

I'm going to wait until MS give their next gen announcement (hardware and software) to see if they're prepared or not. They did form Black Tusk Studios and Playground Games (Forza Horizon) and it's rumored Rare is making the new PGR. MS has been improving the last couple years and they may be holding back for the new Xbox.

As for Nintendo, they announced what they have in store for next-gen, and if MS and Sony go all out like they did for the previous consoles, WiiU won't do well.

FyreWulff

I don't know how you'd construe remaking a game in HD as not being ready for next gen, because literally every first party has done it already..

Aggrotek

This isn't a new thing to bring old games to a new gen. Besides, it sounds like they are actually going to tweak in game experiences. Moral of the story: don't like it, don't buy it.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
343 defense force.
Send your app to 343 yet?

Seriously? What the hell did I say to make you go there? Frank has literally explained this here before, so if you'd go back and read before trying to be a smart ass you might be surprised to learn that I am merely repeating something he's alluded to before.

He said he likes to come here and interact with the community. Same with David. They don't HAVE to be here, thus they don't HAVE to answer jack shit.

Stop being an ass.

No such thing as reasonable. SALT OR SLURP. There can only be one!

His response is literally the most reasonable answer to that question.

<3

Madness

Agree... Deadly Cyclone is the perfect counterbalance to team downer here. He doesn't insult anyone, gives reasonable answers, etc.

Rev3rb

Agree... Deadly Cyclone is the perfect counterbalance to team downer here. He doesn't insult anyone, gives reasonable answers, etc.

Ri46DOT.gif

Toa TAK

Banned
That is totally not Jennifer Hale playing Sarah Palmer in the latest Spartan Ops cinematic. Makes sense now that Palmer mysteriously wasn't in the last episode. Sounds like 343 lost the voice actress for whatever reason.

Doesn't make sense, because she's still in voicing her in the playable chapters.

I'm going to wait until MS give their next gen announcement (hardware and software) to see if they're prepared or not. They did form Black Tusk Studios and Playground Games (Forza Horizon) and it's rumored Rare is making the new PGR. MS has been improving the last couple years and they may be holding back for the new Xbox.

As for Nintendo, they announced what they have in store for next-gen, and if MS and Sony go all out like they did for the previous consoles, WiiU won't do well.

Completely agree. The Wii U will fade away as the "other" console people own for first party games.

This isn't a new thing to bring old games to a new gen. Besides, it sounds like they are actually going to tweak in game experiences. Moral of the story: don't like it, don't buy it.

'Tis the sad truth. New Yoshi game looks cool, but experience tells me that it'll be just as boring as Kirby's Epic Yarn with the typical lacking of features bs from Nintendo.. for $60; the whole pricing standards with Nintendo's games seem unfair to me compared to what you get on other consoles. How New Super Mario Bros. on the Wii was $50 is beyond me, especially when you get far greater experiences on XBLA/PSN for a fraction of the price WITH more features lol. Hopefully they'll start stepping up though because they seem to be spreading their wings and looking for help.

So I'm late to the party on this discussion, but what exactly is that Harvester thing from the last chapter of Episode 6 of Spartan Ops? Whatever it is, I like it. I want to see more and more new stuff added to the Halo sandbox as the Reclaimer trilogy goes on.

ElRenoRaven

So I'm late to the party on this discussion, but what exactly is that Harvester thing from the last chapter of Episode 6 of Spartan Ops? Whatever it is, I like it. I want to see more and more new stuff added to the Halo sandbox as the Reclaimer trilogy goes on.

Your guess is as good as anyone elses.

Gui_PT

I for one can't wait for Halsey to because a villain in one of the next haloes and for Cortana to become a real woman and marry the MC

Toa TAK

Banned

I just want to see that thing up and running. With the legs moving and all.

ElRenoRaven

Is episode 6 a real improvement? I'm burning through ep 5 at the moment.

I think so. They improved enemies spawning in on you. It's not completely gone but I'd say out of the times they do only one time did they really just spawn in literally right on you after fighting Covies. The other times they'd spawn them in a bit out and give you time to get situated for them.

The levels were a lot better minus the reused one but that's to be expected at this point. Overall if the first 5 were a 6/10's then 6 is a solid 8/10.

To me episode 6 is a pretty big improvement on the environment and enemy placement side. We just need limited lives and better netcode now.

I wouldn't say it's an improvement on the enemy front. They still throw an ungodly amount of enemies at you, wielding a fuckton of power weapons.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I guess what I mean is ep 6 summed up by: spawn, "crimson science egghead", kill 30 enemies that have waypoints over their heads, "crimson button bigbrain", press a button, kill 30 prometheans that suddenly appear, "good work crimson", fade to black. It's fun for the first couple missions, but it turns into a shooting gallery like reach firefight.

Is episode 6 a real improvement? I'm burning through ep 5 at the moment.

Yes, Chapter 1 and 3 are the best. only chapter 4 used a variant of Vortex.

Maybe her contract expired or was mainly for the retail game ?

Top Bottom