• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Team Doubles is great but the weapon spawn times need to be fixed. lol I had a sniper with 20 shots after picking it up from someone haha. Is it possible to create a CTF gametype without custom loadout?

Fracas

#fuckonami
I played a game of Doubles Pro on Haven. My teammate sucked and had no mic. He promptly died 6 times (he did get 1 kill though!) then quit. Didn't get a teammate for the rest of the match, got double teamed every time I met an enemy. Blagh.

I honestly don't know why JiP was introduced. It simply does not work most of the time.

Mind elaborating? Curious to hear what happened.

Sure. In almost every scenario where my teammate or I killed someone, the enemy would respawn in our direct vicinity. After I kill someone, I run away as far as possible in stead of waiting for shield to recharge, because if you stand still, you'll get killed immediately.

ElRenoRaven

Interesting. Didn't see anything wrong within his PAX Halofest experience. To me he and HaloGAF company were really enjoying their time at that event. I honestly haven't seen these photos and only the HaloFest Q/As Panels video with 343 about CEA & Lore. Thanks for (at least) sharing his PAX impressions again.

It's not just you man. Nobody had any issue with him at that time. These new claims were very shocking for most I think. Either way what is done is done.

Finished spartan ops btw and another win for David and the team I think except one thing. I really really hate how 343 has made it a point to beat Halsey over the head with how evil she was while for the most part ignoring that she was but a small cog in the machine for this. They also certainly never condemned her when "her" Spartans were turning the tide of the war. It's actually very sad how now I'm rooting for her and like fuck ONI and the UNSC except Chief. He's cool.

Ghazi

For Chrome, yes. Here's a list of extensions.
Wow, that's actually pretty useful. I like the highlights for mobile and I didn't expect there to be anything like this for chrome. (I only use AdBlock, which everybody should have)

Edit: If you don't see my later post then I should clarify that GAF is white listed.

It's not just you man. Nobody had any issue with him at that time. These new claims were very shocking for most I think. Either way what is done is done.

Finished spartan ops btw and another win for David and the team I think except one thing. I really really hate how 343 has made it a point to beat Halsey over the head with how evil she was while for the most part ignoring that she was but a small cog in the machine for this. They also certainly never condemned her when "her" Spartans were turning the tide of the war. It's actually very sad how now I'm rooting for her and like fuck ONI and the UNSC except Chief. He's cool.
I think Laskey might (later on) Disobey orders to Eliminate Dr. Hasley. Why introduce him in FUD as a friend of Chief and make him into this important Noble character within this trilogy only to obey orders in Killing another Human being (Knowing it being Catherine)? It doesn't add up. Imo.

Omni

hahahaha oh gosh. My first game of Infinity CTF on Exile. Total clusterfuck... haha

First up I had a sniper and killed a few guys at their spawn... Had a little thing going with my team mate who was also helping with his own sniper. Mixing things up a bit, I capped a flag and got the Spartan Laser with the ordnance. Because I'm annoying, I only used the Spartan Laser on the same guy continuously while pinging people across the map with the DMR. Then I found an FRG (some guy was camping in their base with it) and killed maybe two other guys at their spawn before dying. Then I had an Incineration Cannon and felt kinda bad as I was again shooting the enemy team who were spawning in the open.

Never playing that crap again. Wasn't fun. It was stupid.

RIP CTF

RIP Halo

Ghazi

Pro tip: saying you use adblock is a bannable offense.

You should disable AdBlock for sites you want to support. I hope you do.

But you disable AdBlock for this site, right? Right?!?!?!
I'm on mobile over 96% of my time on GAF, another 3% of my time on GAF is at my university's school computers which don't allow for extensions of any kind, and that last 1% on my computer has GAF white listed, along with some other sites. It probably would've been smart to clarify that and I did know about the rule, I just didn't think to clarify that.

GAF needs my Zoosk advertisement dollars!!!

So the Gauss is still on Exile? Man oh man. Haven't played versus in a while, but my last few games on Exile were always about that damn Gauss gunner dominating everyone else, and our suicidal runs to put a stop to it.

Omni

Was it a modified variant? Was there a tank and/or Gauss and/or Banshee? I never got it to pop up for me to check for myself.

Yeah - Just regular Warthogs and Ghosts I think (which sounds good on paper, but now there are far too many power weapons floating around)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
The #1 team on Black Ops 2 League Play is all Halo players.

lol.

On the note of league play. BO2 did something recently Halo shoul have. In the lobby when you highlight someone's gamer tag (even in regular playlists) it shows their highest league ranking.

Havok

Yeah - Just regular Warthogs and Ghosts I think (which sounds good on paper, but now there are far too many power weapons floating around)
That's good news. It needs to go global. Eight and a half years of trying to put the Scorpion into matchmaking should have drilled the lesson home by now: it doesn't work.

I'd imagine it works well enough outside of Infinity CTF, which is kind of a disaster from the lone game I played of it.

ElRenoRaven

I think Laskey might (later on) Disobey orders to Eliminate Dr. Hasley. Why introduce him in FUD as a friend of Chief and make him into this important Noble character within this trilogy only to obey orders in Killing another Human being (Knowing it being Catherine)? It doesn't add up. Imo.

That's what I hope. Out of all the new characters introduced he's the only one I remotely like.

Ghazi

Does anyone actually like the maps in the Crimson Map Pack? I only semi like Wreckage because there's that area in the center where everyone fights out. The other maps seem way too chaotic. I'm thinkin about deleting it so I don't see the maps anymore.

That's what I hope. Out of all the new characters introduced he's the only one I remotely like.
I dig Thorne, Halsey, Laskey and yeah, even Palmer. She's exactly a FemShep space marine, and solves problems with kicks and lets her aggro out on control panels. Fine by me.

There's no way they take Halsey out.

I'm on mobile over 96% of my time on GAF, another 3% of my time on GAF is at my university's school computers which don't allow for extensions of any kind, and that last 1% on my computer has GAF white listed, along with some other sites. It probably would've been smart to clarify that and I did know about the rule, I just didn't think to clarify that.

GAF needs my Zoosk advertisement dollars!!!

You get zoosk ads? Lay off the okcupid bro.

i deliberately get Victoria's Secret

ElRenoRaven

I dig Thorne, Halsey, Laskey and yeah, even Palmer. She's exactly a FemShep space marine, and solves problems with kicks and lets her aggro out on control panels. Fine by me.

Ah I said new. Halsey isn't new. I do like her. The others I'll say to each their own.

Karl2177

ughhhhhh. SpOps 8.5 was good this week. 8.4 was tedious as fuck. 8.2 and 8.3 were bad mainly because the AI driving is worse than Reach.

Doubles Pro is good, but spawns on Haven are bad, and lack of teammate death notifiers is annoying.

Fuchsdh

Despite Halsey being a jerk, killing her would be a moral event horizon for most characters. Also, there's the schtick that Halsey is more ''interesting'' alive than dead in terms of the Halo universe.

That said, ''threatening'' to kill her opens up a whole world of possibilities on how it could shake out, I'm just not sure what they will do to wrap it up in basically 10 more minutes of cinematics (and maybe a bit after the final episode.)

Thorne and Lasky are decent but we don't really have enough about them to get how they tick, really. I get that Lasky is an inspirational guy who people like, but that's not a whole lot. We know more about a 17-year old version of him than we do about the present guy.

It does occur to me that SOps Season 1 has largely, by intention or accident, become a Halsey story. Which isn't really a bad thing, as it's one of the most interesting characters in the universe.

8.4 was tedious as fuck. 8.2 and 8.3 were bad mainly because the AI driving is worse than Reach.
You're a braver man than most to even try that.

Despite Halsey being a jerk, killing her would be a moral event horizon for most characters. Also, there's the schtick that Halsey is more ''interesting'' alive than dead in terms of the Halo universe.

That said, ''threatening'' to kill her opens up a whole world of possibilities on how it could shake out, I'm just not sure what they will do to wrap it up in basically 10 more minutes of cinematics (and maybe a bit after the final episode.)
Part of me gets a kick out of the idea of Halsey being encrypted into the Domain and becoming a new Cortana for all practical purposes.

Top Bottom