• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Havok

I was going to post this earlier today, but Waypoint acted like the game history was corrupt and everything exploded.

YGjnBn1.png

True...skill?

Disconect

Neo Member
Does anyone know how HOST selection works in H4?

Im sure it as nothing to do with best connection...

Thanks foe the answer .......
Hoo i see im a Junior Member lol not cool enough

GrizzNKev

Banned
That's the one where all the demos of the games that were announced at E3 are right?

Often yes, public access versions of E3 floor demos and the like. Though I do want to go to E3 again within the next two years. Now that shit is wild. And it might give me another chance to awkwardly mention GAF to Franklez after an interview without giving him the slightest clue as to who I am.

If the neXt Box really is focused on Kinect and the "entertainment" side of the consel - and is leagues behind the PS4 as far as graphics and hardware I might consider purchasing my first ever Sony console.

The rumours currently floating around, however, are really hard to believe either way. Depending on what rumour you believe the Xbox or the PS4 is twice as powerful as the other, or vice versa. It seems we'll know more about the PS4 in a few weeks (the 20th), but I don't recall seeing a date for the Xbox reveal.

I have always been a multi console owner, and I expect next gen to be no different.. but man is it going to be disappointing if the Orbis is vastly better than the Durango. I really wanted to see next gen Halo games shine, but if they live in the shadow of exclusives from the PS4...blah.

I really hope MS has more planned for the nextboxes power.

willow ve

The consoles will be okay, I guess. A lot of improvements and more things for casuals for sure. Not a high end PC, but it will last for an other 10 years, probably. I hate hardware limitations, but it's the way it is, right know. I'm looking forward. :D

New consoles are due. It's time for a graphical overhaul and update to both systems. There has been a lot of talk here (from much wiser HaloGAF folk) about just what we will be expecting with a new console. I'm ready for it.

I also personally like that consoles last 5-7 years (10 is too long - sure the 360 can stick around just as the PS2 hung on forever). It gives developers/publishers a common platform to exploit and get better at using for a long amount of time. If they were attempting to create a new game every 2 years AND learn all new hardware then I think we would see a drop in quality.

Got to ask, why are you doing this?

It's an attempt to reconstruct the huge variety of sandbox options we've been given into a cohesive group of weapons, grenades, armor abilities, etc. in order to illustrate what Halo's combat could be like if it just took a few tweaks and applied them. Mostly for fun, but who knows - Left 4 Dead 2's Charger came almost word-for-word from a massive thread on their forums.

Im going be brutally honest here. I'm anticipating this sandbox post. But I don't give a third world fuck about how you are making it. Just finish it up, present a rough version for feedback, reiterate on the feedback, produce a final version. All these little hints and teases aren't hyping me up, they're making me skip over your posts because you keep talking about a redacted this and a gravity that.

I'm trying to do that in a sense. Yeah, while I post teasers, I've also been trying to ask GAF a bunch of questions on what they'd want to see in this theoretical revision so that I don't drastically miss something that could have been easily avoided (see: Halo 4 DMR). It's a step-by-step process and I'm going to be posting mini-vidocs for each new weapon. Existing weapons that receive few changes will probably just get a "the sandbox so far" prologue video or something. The Gravity Gauntlet, for example, should have its demonstration video up sometime within the week. Once all of the weapons are done, it's just a matter of compiling it into a megapost for use on Forward Unto Dawn and so on.

He needs to get into the PC mod community me thinks.

I can't PC game to save my life. :lol

Omni

First game of Team Doubles. No radar ruins it, IMO. Half the time you're just running around like a headless chicken.

captureemyf.png

That's kinda frustrating. I honestly thought my team mate was going to quit (blue team)...
Probably would have won if he did

willow ve

http://www.twitch.tv/tashiii/new

Haven't streamed in a while, playing some Doubles.

Good luck in Host city...

CC can't stream, cut it now.

Turned on the stream. Sixty seconds into the first match I'm watching.

Three players quit.
Three new players join in progress.
Game black screens twice.
Score is 30 - 0.

Who thought Join in Progress was good for Halo?
Who though it would EVER be good for doubles?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
If the neXt Box really is focused on Kinect and the "entertainment" side of the consel - and is leagues behind the PS4 as far as graphics and hardware I might consider purchasing my first ever Sony console.
I don't expect Durango to be leagues behind Orbis, but most signs do point to it being weaker. But honestly, that barely matters to me. It's the other stuff you mentioned that is turning my interest from Microsoft to Sony. And, well, the fact that my expectations for the future of Halo have plummeted. I'm now more interested in Sony's first party games, third party exclusives, and indie games.

Not that any of you consider me a "respected" member or whatever but I will almost certainly be at PAX Prime this year.
ban this asshole

<3

First game of Team Doubles. No radar ruins it, IMO. Half the time you're just running around like a headless chicken.
If that's how you're playing no radar gametypes, you're doing it wrong.

Fuchsdh

Everything that MS touches they cater to the casual. When will they learn?
When catering to a broad swath of the population doesn't make them money.

I can see the argument for "please the hardcore" on a game by game basis but Microsoft is out to sell boxes. They don't do that by focusing just on "pro" gaming uses.

Omni

If that's how you're playing no radar gametypes, you're doing it wrong.

Maybe it was the map (was a Solace variant... still felt too big IMO), but we were just playing cat and mouse the entire game. Final minute was them just hiding because they didn't want to lose.

Though admittedly I've never exactly been a fan of no radar modes. After so many years of using the radar, it feels wrong to have it disabled. Makes me feel like I'm playing a game like CoD... there's no real cohesion at all (at least with randoms. Parties are obviously different)

If Halo 3 gets released on Steam they should make a Pro Mod like they've done for CoD4 which takes away the BR spread. You can even leave in the fact you have lead your shots.

This would be incredible.
-Port all of the classic H1 and H2 maps to H3
-Remove the spread
-Fix the FOV
-Slightly increase movement speed
-Dedicated Servers

instant "best Halo game ever".
Also Steam thing is bunk as far as our stuff is concerned anyway.
...never mind, back to broken ctf, and personal ordnance.

Fuchsdh

-Port all of the classic H1 and H2 maps to H3
-Remove the spread
-Fix the FOV
-Slightly increase movement speed
-Dedicated Servers

instant "best Halo game ever".

...never mind, back to broken ctf, and personal ordnance.

At that point they might as well just blend the first three games together. Get rid of dual wielding and buff up those weapons, choose how many grenades, etc.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe it was the map (was a Solace variant... still felt too big IMO), but we were just playing cat and mouse the entire game. Final minute was them just hiding because they didn't want to lose.

Though admittedly I've never exactly been a fan of no radar modes. After so many years of using the radar, it feels wrong to have it disabled. Makes me feel like I'm playing a game like CoD... there's no real cohesion at all (at least with randoms. Parties are obviously different)
I adamantly defended radar until playing a bunch of Reach MLG with HaloGAFers. I enjoy the cat and mouse gameplay. I love deceiving and evading enemies in ways that are impossible with radar. It can slow the game down sometimes, but not often, and it also creates a lot of of really tense, dynamic situations. Oh god, I'm using vague buzzwords.

When catering to a broad swath of the population doesn't make them money.

I can see the argument for "please the hardcore" on a game by game basis but Microsoft is out to sell boxes. They don't do that by focusing just on "pro" gaming uses.

Actually the casuals will buy anything with the name Halo on it. Then when they realize the game has some depth and isnt just garbage try and please everyone hot wet basura they will continue to play it.

Kind of like Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3.

At Halofest some lucky kid won the controller.

He tricked/bullied the kid into selling him the item for cheap, quick money before the kid realised the value of what he had won.

He then bragged about how awesome it was and asked GAF how much it was really worth.

And technically, it's not an official Halo product.

Looks like no one wanted to buy it from him so he stuck it in a box. I know he was desperate to sell it a few months back.

Interesting. Didn't see anything wrong within his PAX Halofest experience. To me he and HaloGAF company were really enjoying their time at that event. I honestly haven't seen these photos and only the HaloFest Q/As Panels video with 343 about CEA & Lore. Thanks for (at least) sharing his PAX impressions again.

Woorloog

Banned
SpOps EP8 still not up on youtube? Sigh... the video on Waypoint site is so low quality i won't bother watching it. (Ran out of Gold some days ago so i can't watch it on Xbox).

Top Bottom