• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Fuchsdh

You're a braver man than most to even try that.

Part of me gets a kick out of the idea of Halsey being encrypted into the Domain and becoming a new Cortana for all practical purposes.

A chap on the FUD forums suggested that since Halsey is off to meet the Librarian or whatnot, she might be able to take control of the Prometheans like the Librarian did. That would be slightly wonky but also potentially interesting, especially as Halsey is essentially alienating herself from humanity. Her being a free agent in the galaxy could offer some interesting hooks.

A chap on the FUD forums suggested that since Halsey is off to meet the Librarian or whatnot, she might be able to take control of the Prometheans like the Librarian did. That would be slightly wonky but also potentially interesting, especially as Halsey is essentially alienating herself from humanity. Her being a free agent in the galaxy could offer some interesting hooks.
Luminous naked blue beings are we, not this crude matter.

Ghazi

Actually, I wonder if Halsey has any special gifts or a geas that the Librarian could/would accelerate (let's be honest though, if she had one it probably would activated by now. Though these ideas were created until the recent books) or activate.

TCKaos

Where are everyone's avatars?

The only ones loading for me are ones already in my cache, so pretty much everyone in HaloGAF has theirs.

SpOps was decent this week but noticeably worse than last week or the week before. There was nothing great about it and nothing really bad about it other than the fact that S-IVs can't drive for shit. There was more Covie/Promethian interaction this week, so that was cool.

There was one part where I was standing still doing something away from the controller for a second and there was an Elite with a Scattershot missing me at point blank range. On Legendary. It was kind of hilarious.

I also noticed that Binary Rifles won't kill fully shielded Elites stronger than an Elite Minor in one shot on Legendary, completely defeating its purpose.

heckfu

Banned
It's not. Being a douchebag towards Evillore about it is.

--

Also, I don't think that post highlight extension works in combination with the dark theme. :(
Wait are you serious? I always thought that saying you did could get you banned.

Thanks for clearing that up!

I'd rather gun than have them gun. They're even worse than Buck at shooting. I just don't understand how the allied AI in vehicles went from being acceptable to Austin Powers over the course of 3 games.

You play Spartan Ops solo? What are you, someone who doesn't have friends who play the most anticipated game of the year according to vgcchartz? You need Xbox Live to play it in the first place! The populations are healthy and meeting expectations. Go give it a try! The netcode's buttery smooth!

ElRenoRaven

I'd rather gun than have them gun. They're even worse than Buck at shooting. I just don't understand how the allied AI in vehicles went from being acceptable to Austin Powers over the course of 3 games.

Yea in 2 it was ok but after that it got worse with each game. That was one of the few wtf things Bungie did. Ironically they bragged every damn time how it was really better this time.

I have no idea, but its why I go for the ghost or banshee at every opportunity.

You play Spartan Ops solo? What are you, someone who doesn't have friends who play the most anticipated game of the year according to vgcchartz? You need Xbox Live to play it in the first place! The populations are healthy and meeting expectations. Go give it a try! The netcode's buttery smooth!
Been doing matchmaking with randoms exclusively for the past week or so. Almost all of my first matches for an evening are lag fests, but it seems to get better with each new match. Maybe 10% of the time its completely lag free - there always seems to be at least a little bit you need to compensate for. Overall its still a good time. Playing with friends is a whole different universe though.

Havok

Yes, I agree. Weapons spawned way too fast on Abandon. I should check the video in the theater.
It is two minutes, but the issue is just in the way that Initial Ordnance behaves when you use the resupply option. It doesn't care whether or not the original weapon is still in play or not - that first sniper could still have 16 shots in it and it would drop a second one as soon as that two minutes is up. Combined with how slowly paced a lot of Doubles matches are, it ends up being much too fast. If you're gonna go that route, the resupply time has to match or exceed the time it takes to deplete the weapon during normal play or else you run the risk of having a power weapon bonanza.

Moa

Just died to a Boltshot like 10 times in a game of Abandon. My god. Game makes me so mad.

WXMvoVw.png

Wut?

lilty

Tried to play for the first time in 2 months. Had to shut it off after 1 game.

How much do you guys think I could sell the collector's edition for?

Won't lose achievements/saves?
There's no way to delete achievements once you've earned some, other than not connecting to the internet and having your profile corrupt.

Halo doesn't have traditional save files as far as I know, so you can't even delete those either, they're cached on your profile or something which is why they inexplicably get erased in Reach at times.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Which HaloGaffer has recently been a pretty cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything? i.e., did something nice, or is sad about something, or was in hospital or whatever?

Ghazi

Which HaloGaffer has recently been a pretty cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything? i.e., did something nice, or is sad about something, or was in hospital or whatever?

?

???

?????

Edit: Ah I get it now, Frankie played a little too much of the drinking game, take a drink every time a weapon is called in via Personal Ordnance in Team Doubles.

Edit2: plz no hate, I love you Frankie.

Edit3: Yesterday I surprised an old friend at the hospital who had just had her first baby, does that count?

Moa

My mom was is hospital, brain aneurysms.

Sad times in the family right now, no idea what is gonna happen.

Yup, sharing my personal life on HaloGAF now, I love you guys.

EDIT: She knows what Dongblaining is too, thanks Ghaleon for dat!

BigShow36

I just donated $500 through my Rotary Club to a women's shelter. Of course, I'm also a vocal opponent of Halo's direction over the past 10 years, so...

Ramirez

My soon to be ex-wife has been a cunt recently keeping my son from me. I win! -_-

Top Bottom