• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai__

7f291798_Halo2.png

Reposting:

Would anyone be interested in a Halo 2 achievement lobby. The servers are offline soon and I really want to do the "Rainmaker" and "Violent Cartographer" cheevos, which require 4 players at least.

You don't even need to play, it would be enough, if you are just being AFK, because there are no rules.

Would gladly appreciate your help, if we could figure out a day for this.

So far, we have a total of 4 players, including a friend of mine and myself:

I can anytime this weekend. Been meaning to get those achievements.

I can anytime after 5:30 pm est, or whenever on the weekend.

My suggestion is, that we get online on Sunday 6pm Central European Time(+1)/11:00am Central Daylight Time(-5) and see if we get a party going.

Everybody is welcome to participate.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Heckfu caved?! Noooo lol

And yea, MS is paying for everything. I've been bought.

Ellis you gotta let me check out that Oculus Rift when I come through broooo

BigShow36

I don't understand what exactly needs to be community tested. Okay, the BR now kills in 4 shots... cool. Again, what exactly is being tested? Nothing is going to change about how the game actually plays until they make alterations in how difficult each weapon is to use compared to how quickly it kills or the fundamental speed of the gameplay. The only thing thats going to change from this update is that now the BR is going to be the go-to rifle.

Anyone who thinks this update is going to change how Halo 4 fundamentally plays is kidding themselves. Until they make changes to the strafe speed and aim assists of the primary rifles, nothing is going to change except the skin of the most used weapon. I don't see the point of this whole grand gesture thing regarding the update. It's a friggin update, most other game developers do these things frequently and don't treat it like its a new game release.

It's cool that some dudes get to fly out and play video games with 343, but it seems like a pretty meaningless gesture in the grand scheme of things.

I don't understand what exactly needs to be community tested. Okay, the BR now kills in 4 shots... cool. Again, what exactly is being tested? Nothing is going to change about how the game actually plays until they make alterations in how difficult each weapon is to use compared to how quickly it kills or the fundamental speed of the gameplay. The only thing thats going to change from this update is that now the BR is going to be the go-to rifle.

Anyone who thinks this update is going to change how Halo 4 fundamentally plays is kidding themselves. Until they make changes to the strafe speed and aim assists of the primary rifles, nothing is going to change except the skin of the most used weapon. I don't see the point of this whole grand gesture thing regarding the update. It's a friggin update, most other game developers do these things frequently and don't treat it like its a new game release.

It's cool that some dudes get to fly out and play video games with 343, but it seems like a pretty meaningless gesture in the grand scheme of things.

Sorry for asking here, but I haven't been following too closely. I heard talk about this in the podcast. Is this getting game wide deployment? Or is it going to be stuffed in some corner of matchmaking no one will play, ie. Legendary Slayer?

Edit- Thanks Odd! Reading thru that bulletin now.

TheOddOne

Sorry for asking here, but I haven't been following too closely. I heard talk about this in the podcast. Is this getting game wide deployment? Or is it going to be stuffed in some corner of matchmaking no one will play, ie. Legendary Slayer?
"Our final changes, once solidified, will go live across all Halo 4 playlists on Monday, June 3rd." - Bulletin

So yes, game wide deployment.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I don't understand - this TU is obviously done. Why is it not coming out for another month?

Is this "event" the cause of the delay?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is Doritos Crash Course 2 fucked?

It keeps giving me an error.
Servers are fucked. Apparently it's always online, but there's an initial download that doesn't seem to be going all the way or fast enough for people. If it has to do that every time on launch, SMH.

I mashed A on my controller for about half an hour and it only went about 1/4 to a 1/3 of the way.

Servers are fucked. Apparently it's always online, but there's an initial download that doesn't seem to be going all the way or fast enough for people. If it has to do that every time on launch, SMH.

I mashed A on my controller for about half an hour and it only went about 1/4 to a 1/3 of the way.

Is Doritos Crash Course 2 fucked?

It keeps giving me an error.

getting an error as well

InvisibleKnight

Neo Member

They're not changing the direction they've taken with Halo 4 but they are fixing some of the issues AND getting more involved with the community (which is good considering how badly everything was handled in the beginning). We have to wait for Halo 5 for big changes.

Omni

Why must the Halo Wars campaign be sooo boring? Cutscenes are nice, but I'm really struggling to get through it. Want those achievements I guess, so I have to just grind through it.

(I've only completed the HW campaign once on an offline profile)

Why must the Halo Wars campaign be sooo boring? Cutscenes are nice, but I'm really struggling to get through it. Want those achievements I guess, so I have to just grind through it.

(I've only completed the HW campaign once on an offline profile)

try to do the optional missions, its add a little challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom