• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had never watched that full video before, but boy did it end up irking me.
I've skipped through it and most of his points are pretty awful. I would like to read it as text and properly break it down, but I won't put myself through the torture of listening and watching him speak.

Shadders

He doesn't get it, he thinks he gets it, but he doesn't.

What does he think competitive players are playing for if not for fun?

I've skipped through it and most of his points are pretty awful. I would like to read it as text and properly break it down, but I won't put myself through the torture of listening and watching him speak.
You survived hearing me talking at PAX prime last year and give up by that guy? God damnit.

Shadders

So I just listened to his video again, the crux of his argument seems to be that MLG/competitive fans are too vocal on forums.

The "casual player" has had almost the entire game to himself in every Halo, he'll always have his place, because by definition, he's casual, he goes with the flow.

The competitive community, and Grifball Hub, and High Speed Halo, those guys have every right to complain and bawl about the features they want, because if they don't, they won't get them (no Campaign theatre, no Grifball playlist at launch).

The casual players he's defending.. do they even care if the DMR has bloom or not? Do they care if the damage radius of the grenades is reduced? Do they care if the OHK range of the Boltshot is reduced? They're just happy playing the game, they probably don't care either way about the changes the competitive community would like to see.

1. This page is amazing
2. Wheres my invite to play random new settings they could just put up in a fileshare and let us test in customs instead of doing all this?
3. DIII is fun.

HGS is accepting new applicants. PM Wahrer Machine your application.

Booshka

1. This page is amazing
2. Wheres my invite to play random new settings they could just put up in a fileshare and let us test in customs instead of doing all this?
3. DIII is fun.

Woah woah woah there Fyrewulff, gotta fly a select few to Seattle to test the settings. Stream it and publicize it on Twitter and Waypoint. AAA Game Development ain't that simple, can't just release changes to the public and get feedback from thousands of players.

gAg CruSh3r

1. This page is amazing
3. DIII is fun.

What should be on this 'application' ;you speak of?...

IHaveIce

Banned
Why the fuck Greenskull...I'm sooo sure he will give them great criticism.

But well maybe they wanted to go all kinds off skillset.

Inb4 skull and fu are mad about 4sk becausse they didn't get to kill Eric/Ninja and he melts everyone.

Nah seriously should have been more competive persons in my opinion

Edit: don't get me wrong not that I don't think they should go, I just thought more people will invited.
Though gratulations everyone except Greenskull, hate that guy

TheOddOne

tumblr_mjoy9wVI6k1qc5rdlo1_500.png

Madness

Wait so is it the truth or is it more HGS meta talk? They're actually going to fly Tashi, Heckfu and others to Seattle to test out the new settings?

Not complaining because I'm sure they'll give us their thoughts and views here etc. Plus they also did the good interview with Frankie, Kevin etc.

But why not just have the playlist be called 'experimental' and release it to everyone. No better feedback than from the fans still playing the game. No need to fly a select few to test the game, when you have a whole fanbase willing to do so. Think of it like a limited public beta. Or put the gametype into file share and let us run customs and send feedback etc.

^I have no idea what kind of point he's trying to make
Wait so is it the truth or is it more HGS meta talk? They're actually going to fly Tashi, Heckfu and others to Seattle to test out the new settings?

Not complaining because I'm sure they'll give us their thoughts and views here etc. Plus they also did the good interview with Frankie, Kevin etc.

But why not just have the playlist be called 'experimental' and release it to everyone. No better feedback than from the fans still playing the game. No need to fly a select few to test the game, when you have a whole fanbase willing to do so. Think of it like a limited public beta. Or put the gametype into file share and let us run customs and send feedback etc.
Gears Judgment has been doing exactly that in their Test Server Playlist.. Say what you will about the game tanking, but they're taking some serious strides towards fixing a lot of the stupid stuff the game launched with.

I like the guys over at 343, but this flying people out to Seattle business is pretty silly.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm not sure that this is a strict test of settings at all really. Obviously we're going to play a lot and will be asked feedback but it seems like some sort of community event to be honest.

But why not just have the playlist be called 'experimental' and release it to everyone. No better feedback than from the fans still playing the game. No need to fly a select few to test the game, when you have a whole fanbase willing to do so. Think of it like a limited public beta.

You mean TU BETA SLAYER? They did it in Reach and not a single change was enacted that was influenced by that playlist or its correspondant forum feedback. This is for friends not feedback. I think 343 got burnt promising on the fly dynamic TU changes that were amenable to community feedback during Reach.

willow ve

Off topic, but Universal Pictures strikes again.. JP4 just went the way of the Halo movie being put "on hold" at the last minute due to excessive studio intervention and cold feet. Apparently it had a great script also. =(

The original script was so bad it was comical. The one where a major plot point was creating dinosaur/human hybrids that were essentially Bebop and Rocksteady. Anything would have been a great script compared to that fiasco.

With the updated sandbox they should honestly just start changing the game every single week. You're not going to lose many more players (halochartsdepressingchart.jpg) and at least this way you could use Halo 4 as a true beta for 5.

I hope this teaches you all a valuable lesson about how to properly criticize a game on an internet forum if you wanna play at 343's house:

Don't.

Akai__

Why don't they just poop out a custom game and put it up for download instead of pretending to listen to Heckfu?

Because modder/cheater would find a way to abuse those settings, isn't it obvious? And why would they make it simple, when they can do it complicated?

Blame the 0,00000001% cheaters out there.

IHaveIce

Banned
Why don't they just poop out a custom game and put it up for download instead of pretending to listen to Heckfu?

Too easy. I hope you guys tell them that the DMR will still be be annoying on big maps because of no Descoping, tell them to reduce aimassist over distance.

But if all goes wrong we have now the names who we can blame for it.

Nebula

Too easy. I hope you guys tell them that the DMR will still be be annoying on big maps because of no Descoping, tell them to reduce aimassist over distance.

That's the plan. 343 can now blame known members within large Halo communities for this TU sucking. Excellent strategy.

I'm joking.

Mix

(One Month Later)
Halo 4 TU sucks! Burn Tashi, Heckfu, and The Green One!!!

Akai__

Everyone should download dorito's crash course 2!

It's free!

I played the 1st one and it was okay. Any improvemts or just new stages?

Edit:
Yea there are improvements, and microtransactions (but the games free). I would at least give it a shot

Will do, thanks.

Edit 2:
Hahaha. I just hope things will go well and this will help bring people back to Halo (4).

It will eventually bring back some thousand, but it won't be noticeable and it's just too late. Basically, what 343i is doing now, is testing new settings and such for Halo 5, that's what I assume.

Mix

I played the 1st one and it was okay. Any improvemts or just new stages?

Edit:

Will do, thanks.

Edit 2:

It will eventually bring back some thousand, but it won't be noticeable and it's just too late. Basically, what 343i is doing now, is testing new settings and such for Halo 5, that's what I assume.
Testing what they want to put in the next halo game is most likely what they are doing. It's too late in the game life to try to bring people back. Only hope for what's next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom