• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blamite

I miss that gun. =(

Why did we get the Concussion Rifle and not the Grenade Launcher in Halo 4?

Wasn't the reason it was replaced by the stick det because it just wasn't used enough to be seen as worthwhile?

That probably wasn't helped by the fact that the grenade launcher was on like two maps and the sticky det is on like every single one but whatever let's just cut it anyway.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ready Up Live video about the trip just went up. On my phone on the train, can't link. Came out really nice though.

Striker

I miss that gun. =(

Why did we get the Concussion Rifle and not the Grenade Launcher in Halo 4?
Why did we get an easier to use Rocket Launcher in a Promethean skin? Why did we get a single shot Sniper Rifle? Why did we get a sidearm weapon that kills in one shot?

Conc Rifle is just a reskinned Halo 3 Brute Shot; best for pestering campers or vehicles, but doesn't really take much skill or practice to really master. I would like a weapon in the form of the grenade launcher or Halo 2's Brute Shot that you had to arch to flip over vehicles or bounce into corners of smaller rooms. We've gotten too many explosive/heavy weapons it's gotten ridiculous. Cut the fat.

Sticky Detonator should have been the Press RT for remote detonation of Grenade Launcher with sticky properties and Hold RT to manually detonate with bouncing traits.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How would a Halo ARPG even work? Would it still be a shooter?

Really curious if this is actually happening, fits in with the other rumour that Halo will be at Xbox Reveal with a non-core (numbered) game tomorrow.

Omni

Halo OT17: Updates for the weak! PR stunts for the deluded!

Ermahgawd. I just realised that the Xbox reveal is in a couple of days. I am excited.

I can tell by the comments that people really like Greenskull.

I can tell by YouTube comments that humanity has failed.

fYotPra.png

No thanks.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Seeing that picture of the grenade launcher single handedly makes me want to play Reach. I'm still so salty over 343 cutting it. It was fun to use, it took skill, and it even provided lots of crazy zany random moments that some people (I won't name names) see as being so core to their love of Halo.

It was the perfect Halo weapon.

ugh

Tunavi

Banned
Seeing that picture of the grenade launcher single handedly makes me want to play Reach. I'm still so salty over 343 cutting it. It was fun to use, it took skill, and it even provided lots of crazy zany random moments that some people (I won't name names) see as being so core to their love of Halo.

It was the perfect Halo weapon.

ugh
Amen.

Just played the epitome of lol Halo balance

game 1: they don't really use cheap aa's, we stomp their ass
game 2: AL and Invis they beat us

Sigh.

Madness

343 has to step their game up eventually. The Call of Duty audience is just sitting there waiting to be swept up by pure AAAA innovation.

That's why CoD has prone rolls and thrusts forwards and backwards now.

I think Reach, Halo 4 and GoW:Judgment have shown, you're not going to capture the CoD crowd, but risk alienating your fans.

But I just can't see them getting rid of loadouts and armor abilities now. The people used to them will complain loudly.

Madness

Can't wait for Tuesday though. Should be interesting to see what 343 is most likely going to announce. I bet they'll also be watching to see CoD: Ghosts gameplay.

Will probably see Destiny too. If nothing exclusive, maybe just to announce it'll be available on the platform.

If it's a new Halo spinoff game like Reach or ODST and features Palmer, count me out.

Nebula

Can't wait for Tuesday though. Should be interesting to see what 343 is most likely going to announce. I bet they'll also be watching to see CoD: Ghosts gameplay.

Will probably see Destiny too. If nothing exclusive, maybe just to announce it'll be available on the platform.

If it's a new Halo spinoff game like Reach or ODST and features Palmer, count me out.

I hope we don't see a spinoff. The main games need sorting out first.

Hope the people who attended didn't slurp.

One does not simply have their flights, food and hospitality taken care of for a videogame dirty weekender then not slurp.

Hope they didn't forget about the beam rifle. Other tweaks are ultimately subjective changes but when a sniper rifle has more aim assist when unscoped than scoped I think it's safe to regard that as a bug that needs fixing, something that's objectively broken. Should've been fixed with a TU in the first week really.

willow ve

Its gonna take a lot more than a 4sk BR to bring people back to Halo4, let's just be real here.

May as well try and please those who remain. I think we all know this isn't going to cause some mass eruption of population.

No update is bringing people back at this point. You'll see a slight bump, but ultimately the layers of bad design (ordnance, AAs, missing gametypes, flinch, etc.) will frustrate everyone again and the numbers will continue to decline. These changes might open up the game to a more exciting competitive scene, but again that most likely won't lead to a surge in average players.

I'm glad 343 is making wholesale changes and essentially admitting the base game needs a lot of work. That shows promise for the series going forward. I only hope that Halo 5 isn't too far down the road to incorporate massive gameplay mechanics (like removing AAs from multiplayer).

Nebula

No update is bringing people back at this point. You'll see a slight bump, but ultimately the layers of bad design (ordnance, AAs, missing gametypes, flinch, etc.) will frustrate everyone again and the numbers will continue to decline. These changes might open up the game to a more exciting competitive scene, but again that most likely won't lead to a surge in average players.

I'm glad 343 is making wholesale changes and essentially admitting the base game needs a lot of work. That shows promise for the series going forward. I only hope that Halo 5 isn't too far down the road to incorporate massive gameplay mechanics (like removing AAs from multiplayer).

I'd like the thruster pack to stay though. It has a nice level of skill to it. Dropping down from somewhere faster or using it to strafe or dodge something, and for ninjas. Only AA i'd like to see return though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom