• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you pace your shots in zero bloom?
Everyone who is not a robot paces their shots, bloom or no bloom.

Just finished Infinity, marking the halfway point through Halo 4 LASO. This was by far the most grueling mission so far, and even though we took a few breaks, final playtime came up to nearly 5 hours. Yeesh.

Mix

It was brown, red, green, and more brown and it was all over the place.

Beamish walked into the bathroom and groaned. Somebody had done their damage all over the 30th Floor portside restroom yet again. They were a serial shitter, and they pulled the same exact stunt fifteen times in the last week. Quickly after the fourth incident, Beamish went to his superiors and asked for help was was promptly laughed at and shunned from the UNSC Janitorial Corps mess hall.

Beamish vowed to teach them all and decided quickly after the seventh incident to bend and buy his own security cameras, monitors, and other tools to catch the serial shitter.

One week and eight incidents later, he was beginning to doubt if he would be able to catch the shitter at all. He or she was a very elusive and slippery shitter, and Beamish had no espionage or preventive training in the field of apprehending serial shitters.

He grabbed his mop and walked into the bathroom. Over his shoulder, out in the hall, he heard a squad of Spartan-IIIs trudge by in their heavy armor. "Come on, Crimson," one of them said. "Let's go get some chow."

Beamish hung his head. "I wish I could go eat now," he murmured. Instead, he was stuck cleaning up what would eventually be found to be over eight pounds of excrement sprayed pretty evenly all around the room.

Beamish lowered his mop and pressed it against the poo on the floor. The mop jolted in his hands and Beamish felt it grow hot in his palms. He took a step back and attempted to pull the mop with him, but it quickly began to vibrate and snapped from his hands.

The mop stood erect on the floor a few feet away. As Beamish watched, it began to glow. A brilliant flash of light burst from formerly unseen seams, and Beamish fell to the floor with a gasp.

His vision returned a few moments later and Beamish raised his hands to shield his eyes. "Wha-?" he began.

The mop stood the same as it was a few seconds earlier, but a hologram floated above it. "Human known as Beamish," it spoke in a heavy accent. "I am a Forerunner Artificial Intelligence known as Mopicant Bias. I am the last known combat effective intelligence in this sector of the galaxy and I wish to express my gratitude for your prompt revival of my primary systems."

Beamish was not trained for this. He had no idea what to do. He screamed the only word he could think of, reflecting back on the squad of Spartan-IIIs that passed 10 seconds earlier. "CWIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMSOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNN!"

TO BE CONTINUED
First of all, crimson is comprised of Spartan-IVs not IIIs, secondly, I'm surprised you have the balls to use a joke that got someone banned. You my friend are one smart fella

Booties

Banned
FUUUUUUCK JOIN IN PROGRESS. Just joined a game of slayer already at 25-8. Isn't there a rank involved? Why the hell did they make JIP and throw it in if it didn't work?

Reach in about an hour. Be there.

Oooooh, sorry about that. Whammy!

Gotta go get the girl and watch GOT

Mix

So, I decided that it was time to get my little brother, Hunter, into Halo, as he has wanted to play with me for as long as I can remember. He is 8, and I was 6 when I started so I figured it was alright, no harm would be done. I'll be posting updates like this as we go along. Playing Halo CEA, 2, 3, 4 and eventually 5 and 6.
Halo CEA part 1: PoA, Halo, and Truth and Reconciliation

POA: Hunter had a hard time getting started. The controls of an FPS are very different from those of skylanders or things like that. We spent about 45 minutes on easy on this level because I didn't think he'd enjoy the rest of it if he didn't get them down. Starting on the OG graphics, we played that whole mission in the way I originally played it with my cousin Alex. Hunter really began to enjoy the feel of it and the story (he's a big Star Wars nerd so I figured he'd get into it) so we finished it up and continued on to the next level.
Halo: We started this one with the old graphics and, when I switched to show him the over look of the cliff, we never went back. His eyes lit up and he loved the new look. He told me that it was like playing a brand new game. He was really funny when we got the the Cortana line about the cave and he'd say it anytime we hit the walls as I let him drive the hog after a bit. We blasted through this level partially on accident as I had remembered it on heroic and it taking much longer. Coop easy is way too short. He loved the alpine landscape and how the story was woven between the master chief and Cortana.
TaR; Hunter didn't like the stealth part of the mission. I gave Hume option to be stealthy or go guns blazing and after a few seconds of slow sniping, he pulled out the AR and went to town on everyone. He loved the design of the hunters and the interior of the ship. As I told him of the covenant and their backstory he became more and more interested in the story. By the time we finished with this one he was excited where we were going to go next and I told him that we'd save it for tomorrow. I am extremely excited to show my little brother the Silent Cartographer for the first time :)

Madness

Seeing as how 343 has been making the right moves lately with regards to Halo 4 and trying to make it better how about a non-salt title.

Halo |OT17| The Reclamation Has Already Begun

They have been trying to right a lot of wrongs since launch.

TCKaos

How many maps are there for Pro-Mod? I played one with Wahrer and it didn't feel like classic Halo, it felt like I was playing Rainbow Road with Sniper Rifles and overshields in the center.

GYwmnG7.png

Lol, what about:

Halo |OT17| In This Hour Of Victory, We Taste Only Defeat

This is actually pretty nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom