• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I haven't played this game in like a month.

Is lightning ctf a thing yet? It looked decent enough in that bulletin a while ago.

Madness

I haven't played this game in like a month.

Is lightning ctf a thing yet? It looked decent enough in that bulletin a while ago.

Yup, it's pretty fun. Fast movement and light rifles. I think action Sack as a total playlist has been a great addition. I've really loved binary slayer, rock and rail/rockets, fiesta, lightning CTF etc.

Sai-kun

Banned
You know, no one posted the Saidancing.gif

No Marina gifs allowed around these parts.

Both of these things are disheartening.
emot-smith.gif

Is crouching up and down really fast when you're de-shielded a common tactic? Got stomped mercilessly by a guy in doubles last night who did that; just couldn't hit his head.
From the other thread, but I've seen this tactic more than a few times. Frustrating, but hat's off to someone who can pull it off.

Also, check this map out. Wonderfully crafted with a ODST urban theme to it. There's even a blinking traffic light, ffs. Brilliant.

8557096798_210d9559e2_z.jpg

FyreWulff

That's why you aim at the top of their chest and let the bullet magnetism do the headshots for you.

Also

Team Objective will be transitioning to a 6 vs. 6 playlist come Monday, mainly in part to address the community’s desire for objective game types with larger team sizes and also to accommodate the Castle Maps, which are built for these team sizes. We’ll continue to monitor your feedback regarding Team Objective in the future as we look to optimize the experience it offers by possibly changing the team maps, team sizes and game types that are offered. The playlist will feature on-disc maps, as well as Crimson and Castle maps, and Extraction will transition from being its own playlist to being included in this one. The map/game type selection will be posted in Monday’s Matchmaking update, as we are still finalizing the layout of the new Team Objective.

6v6? DLC Objective Part 2: Ordnance Boogaloo. Won't be surprised to see Dominion folded into it since it's also 6v6, eventually.

Also also:

Mix

Will HaloGAF ever die? Or will everyone just kinda transfer over to DestinyGAF later on?

EDIT: I don't want it to die, I genuinely enjoy HaloGAF I'm just curious.

Sai-kun

Banned
Will HaloGAF ever die? Or will everyone just kinda transfer over to DestinyGAF later on?

This sucks to say, but I will probably move over to Destiny threads once we start getting those. I already don't post here a ton (I pretty much just read and interject some gifs once in awhile), and it's not like I actually play the game :lol

Stealth PopGAF invasion?

I'm OK with this.

I'm HaloGAF's official PopGAF representative. xoxo (listen to janelle monae)

Is there an IndieGAF?

(listen to chvrches)

I don't think HaloGAF will ever "die," but I can see a lot of HaloGAF migrating to DestinyGAF.

For me personally, unless Halo 5:

Removes:
  • Loadouts
  • Armor abilities
  • Perks
  • Ordnance (global needs to fucking go, personal can stay in action sack)
  • Sprint
  • Flinch

Adds:
  • Bigger Skill Gap
  • Good movement speed/jump height
  • Good Maps
  • Forge 3.0 (major upgrades)
  • Campaign Theater/Scoring
  • Firefight (spops is a cool idea, but honestly firefight just has more replayability)
  • NEW and INTERESTING FEATURES (spectator mode, better theater, new gamemodes, interesting weapons that aren't redundant)
  • Good Playlist management and Social/Competitive Playlist split (lol)
  • 1-50 in game

Then I don't think I'll be picking up Halo 5 (or whatever the next Halo is), and probably move on to DestinyGAF. Only time will tell.

IHaveIce

Banned
From the other thread, but I've seen this tactic more than a few times. Frustrating, but hat's off to someone who can pull it off.

Also, check this map out. Wonderfully crafted with a ODST urban theme to it. There's even a blinking traffic light, ffs. Brilliant.

Hey this looks pretty cool, how does the framerate hold up?

Nebula

Saw the thread for it yesterday and it looks fantastic. Great work by Fenix Hulk. Someone should get some footage on that map.

Tawpgun

I don't think HaloGAF will ever "die," but I can see a lot of HaloGAF migrating to DestinyGAF.

Removes:
  • Loadouts
  • Armor abilities
  • Perks
  • Sprint
  • Flinch

Adds:
  • Bigger Skill Gap
  • Good Maps
  • Firefight (spops is a cool idea, but honestly firefight just has more replayability)
  • NEW and INTERESTING FEATURES (spectator mode, better theater, new gamemodes, interesting weapons that aren't redundant)
  • 1-50 in game

Then I don't think I'll be picking up Halo 5 (or whatever the next Halo is), and probably move on to DestinyGAF. Only time will tell.
While I'm not idiotically unrealistic like some...

Basically, if halo 5 disappoints me as much as halo 4 did I will dabble in destiny more. I hope it delivers

willow ve

Hey this looks pretty cool, how does the framerate hold up?
Wonder the same. Does frame rate benefit from Forge Island as there isn't any complex geometry built into the background?

Also, are there any maps in matchmaking that use the underground forge space?

JackHerer

Removes:
  • Loadouts
  • Armor abilities
  • Perks
  • Sprint
  • Flinch

Adds:
  • Bigger Skill Gap
  • Good Maps
  • 1-50 in game

I seriously doubt that sprint will ever be removed now that it's in. Best we'll get is a customs option.

FyreWulff

Saw the thread for it yesterday and it looks fantastic. Great work by Fenix Hulk. Someone should get some footage on that map.

on it

edit: well, I guess I could walk around in it, probably would need someone to play a game and send me a film link for actual gameplay

While I'm not idiotically unrealistic like some...

Basically, if halo 5 disappoints me as much as halo 4 did I will dabble in destiny more. I hope it delivers

Maybe I am being unrealistic, and maybe it's time to move on like so many already have. If 343 continues to elaborate on what has been added to Halo 4 I can only wish them the best of luck and hope they find that audience they're searching for.

I seriously doubt that sprint will ever be removed now that it's in. Best we'll get is a customs option.

I'll take it in custom game options if it's not going to go away.

IHaveIce

Banned
People that say they won't buy Halo 5 are lying through their teeth. Everyone folds once the hype train starts.
Well this time you also will have to buy a new console, there has to be more than just hype to get someone spend around 400 $ to play Halo 5
I don't think Destiny has much shot of being the game we hoped Halo 4 to be.

I think nobody really expects Destiny to be something like this.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
343 did well with Forge Island.

I'm excited about ranks, just wish there were a way to display them in game. Will there be a way via smartglass or whatever to see the ranks of the people I'm about to be matched against in the lobby before the game?

In part it's connected to the overall "Friends" system (recent games etc) so while its easy to comparisons after a match is finished and 'reported', doing it beforehand isn't trivial, but I suspect there's a way to make the manual process of searching for a user (one whose GT you're looking at in the lobby) simpler. I will talk to the web team.

TCKaos

Without a decent Halo I probably won't get the neXtBOX. It was the only reason I got a 360.

I'm migrating to PC, but as I've posted before, I can't find my anchor here. Halo kept me anchored to the 360. Other games would come and go, but then I'd hop on Halo and wait for a new title to come out that I would spend a few weeks on before going back. I can't find that PC game.

Sad times for me.

In part it's connected to the overall "Friends" system (recent games etc) so while its easy to comparisons after a match is finished and 'reported', doing it beforehand isn't trivial, but I suspect there's a way to make the manual process of searching for a user (one whose GT you're looking at in the lobby) simpler. I will talk to the web team.

That's actually pretty nifty. I'm hoping Smart Glass gets expanded upon next gen. It's a cool idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom