• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyReN

Q904X5V.gif

I stopped reading after that first sentence Wahrer.

I didn't say competitive halo.

I exclusively play 360 titles and am physically incapable of PC gaming. Suddenly my status as a manslut makes so much sense. It's Microsoft that made all my bad life choices!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I didn't say competitive halo.

I exclusively play 360 titles and am physically incapable of PC gaming. Suddenly my status as a manslut makes so much sense. It's Microsoft that made all my bad life choices!

lol I know

I say I won't buy the Halo 5 LE now. Though, in a few years, Microsoft will launch another huge Halo marketing campaign. I'm going to be hyped and purchase the LE because I am weak and easy.

If I purchased the Halo 4 LE after Reach, then I'll probably do the same for Halo 5. My excuse was that it's another developer and my excuse for Halo 5 will be that it's next gen. I need help.

Gui_PT

Well my X40's were broken and The default mic sounds like ass.

My AC cable is completely busted.

It only works if it's on a certain position so I have to put it on top of the bin and spend 5-10 minutes trying to make the cable stay in the perfect angle in order to turn my 360 on.

I need a new cable but it's definitely not a priority since there are other, more important things to spend money on, so I work with what I've got.

Trasher

It only works if it's on a certain position so I have to put it on top of the bin and spend 5-10 minutes trying to make the cable stay in the perfect angle in order to turn my 360 on.

I need a new cable but it's definitely not a priority since there are other, more important things to spend money on, so I work with what I've got.

Good with finances:

[X] Gui_PT

[ ] StalkerUKCG

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Frankie, bring back ranks for Halo 5 and small maps, but more importantly bring back the Legendary Edition and make it cool to buy a LE again. Hell, I'll take an ODST cat helmet or new Chief cat helmet.

In part it's connected to the overall "Friends" system (recent games etc) so while its easy to comparisons after a match is finished and 'reported', doing it beforehand isn't trivial, but I suspect there's a way to make the manual process of searching for a user (one whose GT you're looking at in the lobby) simpler. I will talk to the web team.
Could this Industries consider applying a "Pure Skill System" Matching potential players with similar or higher skills per match for future titles OR is CSR will be applied as the only system??

Wouldn't a more competitive system draw a larger appeal and population to Halo MP?

CSR, after researching, just appears too "friendly". It might add some appeal towards a larger audience but doesn't look like it'll contribute in the longer term.

Would Halo benefit using CSR "&" A Pure Competitive System? I'd really like to see how both could work if done effectively in the future of Halo MP.

Just an idea: rather than cut things off through pre-orders, the Halo 5 Limited Edition could unlock all the "Legacy" armor sets (Mark V, ODST, etc.) right off the bat while other players have to unlock them through campaign/the progression system.

ExWife, TCKaos, Rev3rb. We're forging Archangel tonight. Be there.

Halo 4 LE was shit tier. I'm not saying I want a cat helmet but at least bundle in stuff people like.

Artbook
Soundtrack Digital Download
Halsey Journal esq thing.

Bully for you but I was in a position were I didn't need to work with what I had. At the time I had plenty of disposable income so I disposed of it on something I wanted.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Halo 4 LE was shit tier. I'm not saying I want a cat helmet but at least bundle in stuff people like.

Artbook

No it wasn't. It had my fucking name in it. Best LE in the history of gaming lol

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Artbook

My awesome idea still stands that the Legendary edition should be a bit pricier but allow you to get a cat helmet of your actual MP Spartan. Even if it's a voucher you turn in after you get the game, or they release a flash builder for PC to customize your Halo 5 Spartan early. If you didn't fill it out you got the default MP Spartan helmet. Add your emblem to it too.

Bring some personality back to LE's and make them worth something again.

If they fix file shares (make people use them again, rip halo triple) maybe the Limited Edition could give you a two-year subscription to Bungie Pro.

Eh, I can't justify the price of a headset.

I can hear all I need to hear with the TV speakers and Xbox mic.

Live in a small apartment and if I use my speakers, they have to be low so my gf can read when she wants and neighbors won't bitch. When I use a headset, all is well and everyone's happy.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Eh, I can't justify the price of a headset.

I can hear all I need to hear with the TV speakers and Xbox mic.

Even a cheap pair of Turtle Beaches will change playing games for you. It's so worth the money dude. I can't recommend a dedicated gaming headset enough. The shittiest generic headset trumps TV speakers by a long shot.

willow ve

Even a cheap pair of Turtle Beaches will change playing games for you. It's so worth the money dude. I can't recommend a dedicated gaming headset enough. The shittiest generic headset trumps TV speakers by a long shot.
This. Even a cheap pair of mid level stereo headphones will open the game sound up so much more than TV speakers.

TCKaos

Just an idea: rather than cut things off through pre-orders, the Halo 5 Limited Edition could unlock all the "Legacy" armor sets (Mark V, ODST, etc.) right off the bat while other players have to unlock them through campaign/the progression system.

Will do, cap.

No.

What?

Dev nicknames are a thing that definitely exists. Remember Warhouse and Wraparound?

The "forerunner shopping mall" does not, unfortunately, sell ecumenical retail and accessories. It's an identifier, dude. The "shopping mall" on the map is a large, multilevel structure in the center of the map that houses a variety of exterior and interior playspaces. The callouts have mall-themed names like "food court," but they're human anachronisms. The actual structure has uses that are, for all intents and purposes, unknown. It houses a lone Forerunner mech in BTB that people may want to fight over.

The app on android was essentially a reskinned web browser the last time I had it downloaded. It was pretty much unusable.

Edit, nvm, they never made an android app after reach - they just point you to the waypoint website. Wow.

Ya - the Smartglass app for Halo 4 is essentially just a tunnel for the Waypoint site. Except if I go to the Waypoint site in IE on my phone instead of Smartglass, there's a (not exaggerating) 100x performance improvement. I've seen tons of well-done Smartglass content because it's actually developed for Smartglass, not some lazy excuse to cross a bullet off a list. I don't see how this is the case for Halo 4.

Wat.

I exclusively play 360 titles

OEqzQo5.jpg

Glad HeadPhones GAF is around defending gaming with headphones. It is incredible.

Wait a second... Is Adrift a shoutout to me?

The old name was War House.

It's constructing a War Machine that's large and elaborate but is never truly finished.

Adrift looks suspiciously similar to Adrian.

Hmmmmm. Everyone start looking for cats on the map.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I have A50's and like them but I still like using my Onkyo surround a bit more. Although that's reserved for weekends. Hard having a surround sound in an apartment. Thankfully mine is old and well built so sound doesn't carry.

The only downside to headphones is I can't tell how loud I'm screaming "THAT'S FUCKING BULLSHIT" until my wife comes in the room to tell me to shut the hell up.

Still worth it.

Trasher

Headphones are the best option for gaming. That way you don't disturb any neighbors or anyone in your house/apartment.

Gui_PT

How come some of you are married/have gf's and play videogames instead of having sex?

Try having sex while playing videogames or even playing videogames while having sex.

I'm so lonely

Headphones are the best option for gaming. That way you don't disturb any neighbors or anyone in your house/apartment.

Word. I wouldn't have bought my Astro Mixamp if it wasn't for having a roommate in my college dorm. Gotta be considerate. That said, once I paired that baby with my Sennheiser HD600's, amazing. BF3 in war tapes mode. Mother of God.

IHaveIce

Banned
How come some of you are married/have gf's and play videogames instead of having sex?

Try having sex while playing videogames or even playing videogames while having sex.

I'm so lonely
It is called having hobbies.
You can have both!

It is quite distracting.

Nebula

I've been gaming with a headset for about 3 years now. I recently did a small stint without them and it was crap. Ended up playing music while I gamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom