• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

I've never watched a single episode of The Wire... may have to start. I have been watching Justified on FX... it's the first show in a terribly long time I've actually scheduled time to watch.
I know people with quality taste in movies/shows that just can't get into The Wire. The style of language used can be off-putting at the beginning, but the characters are so rich and nuanced that it's worth a second chance. Justified is an incredible show, more people need to know about it and watch it.

I don't understand what the OP means by "cheats as killstreaks", but I know nothing about the game apart from the demo for Black Ops did absolutely nothing for me.

I don't understand what the OP means by "cheats as killstreaks", but I know nothing about the game apart from the demo for Black Ops did absolutely nothing for me.
I think he is saying it because of this perk:
"Heat vision is a new Pointstreak reward. When you get the required points, you can activate this Pointstreak and your player pulls out a scope and attaches it to your weapon. This scopes main advantage is it's ability to detect enemies through most walls. Note, the scope can only be attached to primaries not including shotguns"

CyReN

As much crap as the CoD series gets the Treyarch guys are great guys for getting their game fixed quick and helping out the competitive communities, what's left of IW could learn from them.

I think he is saying it because of this perk:
"Heat vision is a new Pointstreak reward. When you get the required points, you can activate this Pointstreak and your player pulls out a scope and attaches it to your weapon. This scopes main advantage is it's ability to detect enemies through most walls. Note, the scope can only be attached to primaries not including shotguns"
That's kind of what I thought after re-reading the original article, but didn't know that was considered a cheat. Cheap, definitely.

Preach it squiddy...
ibs4Ip69k1BAdK.gif

Risen

Hey guys lets all shut up about how this game isn't competitive anymore. Just look at the arena. You can go in, find a quick match and always be paired up against players of the same skill level as you.......http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=971810339&player=Booties

Or this can happen three games in a row.

LoL at bad examples used sarcastically. Post what it looks like when you guys are 4 top 25% onyx guys finding games. It won't look quite so lopsided, nearly as often.

Risen

As much crap as the CoD series gets the Treyarch guys are great guys for getting their game fixed quick and helping out the competitive communities, what's left of IW could learn from them.

I know a couple of the guys that work there... honestly, they are great guys with good ideas who in the past have been pigeon holed into following a very specific formula.

If Black Ops had a better netcode without death streaks and some of the other fluff, it would have rivaled CoD4 for best CoD ever.

Hey guys lets all shut up about how this game isn't competitive anymore. Just look at the arena. You can go in, find a quick match and always be paired up against players of the same skill level as you.......http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=971810339&player=Booties

Or this can happen three games in a row.
You guys got totally destroyed by me, Duncan and Hitmonchan in our last Halo 4 beta game. Be happy that you are good in Halo: Reach.

But I agree Reach's matchmaking is total shit

kylej

Banned
Black ops ruled.

The Wire is a novel in TV format, one episode isn't enough, it's a very slow burn with character arcs that carry across 5 seasons.

Karl2177

MW2 was pretty terrible. Which is why MW3 is pretty bad.

Spec Ops is the only redeeming factor of those two games for me. It's probably the reason why I push for a Spec Ops styled mode built into Firefight.

I sold BLOPS after I came across a moment in campaign where it was an endlessly respawning wave of enemies. I said fuck it, and sent it back to gamestop. Got $40 for it. I never bought WaW, because nothing about WW2 games appeal to me. I've kept all my MW games, because I know I can pop it back in and start up a few games of Spec Ops. Or because it was CoD4.

I didn't care for the CoD Franchise after CoD:MW2. Total bs.

Otherwise funny story I have to tell:
Last Friday I was pretty drunk. I did barrel rolls on the ground, I imitated a cat(I heard I was pretty good) but at the end I did a good thing: The kid who celebrated his birthday had a twin-brother and I shittalked the twin brother to death that Sparth is a genius and is working on Halo now which makes everything much more awesome because Halo is such an awesome Sci-Fi franchise. At the end he ordered the Halo Art Of Building Worlds. Gonna give him Sparth's book tomorrow. That's the reason why no one wants to talk with me about games, I'll always say how awesome Halo is.(Except for Reach)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of spawns, I want a canonical explanation for respawning Spartans in Halo 4. It's a huge inconsistency.

nanomachines.

Fuchsdh

Anyone else think Think Twice is a pretty damn good map? Not the nicest of the Forge World in terms of looks and putting a Plasma Luancher by spawn was a stupid idea, but the middle section is great.

Fuchsdh

No, the middle of that map is so awkward.

Huh, that's what I love about it. You can dart in and out of combat really easily, but it's not hard for tenacious opponents to follow you. Alternatively you can just run rings around the exterior picking off strays.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else think Think Twice is a pretty damn good map? Not the nicest of the Forge World in terms of looks and putting a Plasma Luancher by spawn was a stupid idea, but the middle section is great.
I hate maps where players flock to the middle like sheep -- and then get slaughtered. I'm not saying you're a sheep for liking the map, it's just that the map design makes player behavior so predictable. It's pretty awful.

Edit : I like the idea of the two level, overlapping pathways like that, and I'd like to see it done in a better map.

Top Bottom