• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

zap

I just finished watching The Wire today. I'd say it's easily the best TV show I have ever watched.

I remember some others rounf these parts were watching it recently (ish?), but while I was not finished I avoided any mention of it cos I didn't want any spoilers...

Gazzawa

I think we have a bigger chance of getting ODST 2, then Halo Wars. Which is a damn shame, because Wars did some pretty intresting things; still it will be remembered as footnote in the Halo legacy.

Dat multiplayer.
Never thought console RTS could be so fun.

Fuchsdh

Y'all have inspired me to get Halo Wars and try it out.

Waypoint is going to level me with career milestone 66 for completing all the others? Please. Completion or bust.

I just finished watching The Wire today. I'd say it's easily the best TV show I have ever watched.

I remember some others rounf these parts were watching it recently (ish?), but while I was not finished I avoided any mention of it cos I didn't want any spoilers...
Amazing show. The wife and I watched it fairly recently and were hooked from the beginning. Also, having Omar as the voice of Emile in Reach would have been a much better choice than the monotone voice of Marlo (boom, there's your Halo reference).

Damn, I want that MLG controller. Maybe the kinks will be worked out by Christmas time.

TheOddOne

Amazing show. The wife and I watched it fairly recently and were hooked from the beginning. Also, having Omar as the voice of Emile in Reach would have been a much better choice than the monotone voice of Marlo (boom, there's your Halo reference).
Michael Williams is still underrated, after giving us the fantasic Omar, he still doesn't get that many major roles. IMO the only moment he has shined after The Wire was in a Boardwalk Empire episode.

Havok

Is that Robert Bowling? The dudebro to end all dudebros?
Yeah. I said it in the gaming side thread, but I've always been genuinely surprised that he wasn't let go after publicly attacking an employee of his parent company over comparing two games in the same series and getting a few details wrong. I'm sure he's probably a nice dude, but that was such a bizarre thing to do.

We've been lucky with our community liasons.
Shut your ugly mouth you fat bald freak.
Officially requesting a 343i Waaahmbulance.

I don't envy you guys for having to put up with ragey kids.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Yeah. I said it in the gaming side thread, but I've always been genuinely surprised that he wasn't let go after publicly attacking an employee of his parent company over comparing two games in the same series and getting a few details wrong.

Shut your ugly mouth you fat bald freak.

GhaleonEB

Yeah. I said it in the gaming side thread, but I've always been genuinely surprised that he wasn't let go after publicly attacking an employee of his parent company over comparing two games in the same series and getting a few details wrong. I'm sure he's probably a nice dude, but that was such a bizarre thing to do.

What's the story with that one?

Havok

What's the story with that one?
Credit for this bit goes to Cyren who posted it in the gaming side thread:
"On 7th November 2008, before the release of Treyarch's Call of Duty: World at War, Robert Bowling made a post on his blog demanding Senior Producer at Activision Noah Heller to stop comparing Call of Duty: World at War to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare during interviews, explaining that the game "can stand on it's [sic] own merits". Bowling was also annoyed by Heller's remark that in previous Call of Duty games, bolt-action rifles never killed in one hit - something that Heller claimed Treyarch to have rectified in Call of Duty: World at War. Bowling explained that bolt-action rifles "are one hit kills in every Call of Duty we (Infinity Ward) made", referring to him as "Senior Super Douche Noah Heller", and urged interviewers to "talk to someone who actually works on the Dev Team at Treyarch and knows what the fuck they're talking about."

The term "Senior Super Douche" has been a part of my daily vocabulary ever since.

Risen

I've never watched a single episode of The Wire... may have to start. I have been watching Justified on FX... it's the first show in a terribly long time I've actually scheduled time to watch.

CyReN

I watched 1 episode of The Wire and thought it was just ok, switched over to The Sopranos, probably try again when I finish it. Also the HBO Go > Netflix Instant, the UI is good.

Karl2177

Does the weekly not work with co-op? My friend and I just scored 105 190 and 186 640 respectively and neither of us got the challenge complete.

Credit for this bit goes to Cyren who posted it in the gaming side thread:

The term "Senior Super Douche" has been a part of my daily vocabulary ever since.
I didn't know that. lol funny. Damn Because of hype I missed out a lot of funny things. Or is it because the scandal is CoD releated?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Just had a dream I got to play Halo 4. It was pretty glorious. The map was covenant themed and it was basically a huge ramp. So the whole map was tilted on an angle. Symmetrical, with pillars and other ramps and such. BR was 4 shot. Frankie told me to dual wield plasma rifles, we agreed they were over powered. I told him to make it single wield and to bump up the strength. Also Sprint was pretty much exactly like in Reach. I asked questions and got answers I liked. There was a feature in the map where different terrain would revealed. Reminds me of Bioshock when you melt doorways.

Frankie was definitely less of a jerk than he is in real life.

Overdoziz

Banned
Just had a dream I got to play Halo 4. It was pretty glorious. The map was covenant themed and it was basically a huge ramp. So the whole map was tilted on an angle. Symmetrical, with pillars and other ramps and such. BR was 4 shot. Frankie told me to dual wield plasma rifles, we agreed they were over powered. I told him to make it single wield and to bump up the strength. Also Sprint was pretty much exactly like in Reach. I asked questions and got answers I liked. There was a feature in the map where different terrain would revealed. Reminds me of Bioshock when you melt doorways.

Even in your dreams sprint sucks.

You think that's weird?

Trying to access HBO forums at my workplace:
http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum
http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/

The first one is blocked under the category "games", but for some reason the extra slash on the second one makes it okay and the forum loads just fine.
The first link is a unprotected link and every person knows that unprotected is not safe! The second link is a protected link. So it is safe. It is so easy to understand.

Instead of a public beta, 343i will be using data gathered from nocturnal playtest sessions beamed directly into your unconscious mind.

"The beta played so much better!" "Yeah, in your dreams."

Top Bottom