• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Is Camo an armor ability again?

I ask because I think it would the logical choice to counter PV.

PV in the hands of a good player seems quite over powered, I already said this but I hope there is a counter.

If there is no counter, I expect to see inflated K/D's just like the jump from Halo 3 to Reach.

This ability with the map awareness of a good player, just doesn't seem balanced.

There is a counter, check out the first commentary video. The ask about a counter and the 343 dude says "we aren't talking about that yet."

Woorloog

Banned

PV in the hands of a good player seems quite over powered, I already said this but I hope there is a counter.

If there is no counter, I expect to see inflated K/D's just like the jump from Halo 3 to Reach.

This ability with the map awareness of a good player, just doesn't seem fair.

Just how is PV OP? Sure, you know where the others are... but with good map knowledge and knowing the maps flow and seeing glimpses of others, you can make good educated guesses where others are. And with that and some other AA than PV, you can win battles more easily, even if you don't where they're exactly and end up not getting the first shot.

This ability with the map awareness of a good player, just doesn't seem balanced.

Hologram makes it very difficult for PV users to identify if what they are shooting is a hologram or not apparently.

Farooq

Banned
There is a counter, check out the first commentary video. The ask about a counter and the 343 dude says "we aren't talking about that yet."

Yea I watched it. I liked the questions Walshy gave, you could tell he was thinking about it from the perspective of having played Shadowrun.

Seems like I was finally able to start downloading the vids. Will report back in a few, but it may be the same quality as MLG player.

Spawnling

TbMvi.png

Is that the Windows loading icon?

Yeah BR vs BR battles looked pretty infuriating. I saw Neighbor on the white map struggling a bit, especially when shooting a jumping player. Limited range/spread is not something I want at all after Reach's DMR. Hopefully the Halo 4 DMR is decent enough at mid-range.

Why was bumper jumper changed instead of just adding another control scheme with a layout 343 felt was appropriate? If people want to play Halo 4 on classic BJ settings - even if it's detrimental to their performance - what is the issue? Change for changes sake.

Based on those videos (and my preferences of gameplay), the single shot weapons will be the way to go for me in H4.

I assume that promethean vision will get some tweaks before launch, it seems a bit too powerful in this build.

TbMvi.png

Is that the Windows loading icon?

LOL, yes it is.

Also, can you not see what the second weapon is that you are holding in the HUD. WUT?

Farooq

Banned
Hologram makes it very difficult for PV users to identify if what they are shooting is a hologram or not apparently.

Is that when hologram is active or does hologram just have to be equipped?

I hate to bring up Shadowrun again (Enhanced Vision and Promethean Vision are very similar), but in Shadowrun you never had to have Smoke active to hide yourself from Enhanced Vision. Smoke just had to be equipped.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'm sure the final controls schemes are not all in the game yet. I'd relax about those.

EDIT: Frankie with the assist.

Scroll down moar. I mean, YOU can't but that screen can. Also, control schemes in this build are NOT finished. Something we spent a bunch of time talking to pros about.

FyreWulff

Scroll down moar. I mean, YOU can't but that screen can. Also, control schemes in this build are NOT finished. Something we spent a bunch of time talking to pros about.

I'M TRYING TO SCROLL BUT IT'S NOT WORKING

I'm happy just with the somewhat confirmed Legacy sticks still being, tbh

I noticed it's 60 kills for your team to win, instead of 50. Although I wouldn't look too far into that, probably just so people get more hands-on time with the map.

CyReN

What would be the best way for them (pros) to give you feedback btw?

Farooq

Banned
I am glad to have returned home to discover my beloved Bumper Jumper has been destroyed

I am not glad

Yea that is fucked up.

If anything, melee should have been switched to a face button. It is easier to melee without control of your right thumbstick than it is to precisely grenade an area. Melee has auto aim, and has been on a face button for the default controls on several Halo titles.

If you have ever played with the "Jumpy" control settings in Halo CE, trying to grenade with a face button is quite difficult.

Hopefully the finished build fixes a lot of things we're asking about/Walshy was asking about.

A go to answer it seems for things we don't enjoy/like/look like crap are "It's still in development" or "It's not in this build lol".

Please 343, don't just be saying this and then be like "eff it".

I mean, when Kevin said a bunch of stuff is still in development, it makes me wonder, how much time is left for 343 to get all this stuff done.

Gui_PT

Frankie, I know I'm joking most of the time and I know these control schemes aren't final.

But please consider that with the way Bumper Jumper is right now, there's no possible way for me to run around, aim and throw a grenade at the same time.

Armor Ability on A world work perfectly well and it would keep the playing style people expect from BJ

Just a thought.

Hopefully the finished build fixes a lot of things we're asking about/Walshy was asking about.

A go to answer it seems for things we don't enjoy/like/look like crap are "It's still in development" or "It's not in this build lol".

Please 343, don't just be saying this and then be like "eff it".

I mean, when Kevin said a bunch of stuff is still in development, it makes me wonder, how much time is left for 343 to get all this stuff done.

I'm pretty sure games go gold about a month before release, so a ~4 months.

kylej

Banned
Seems like people are using Prothean vision a lot solely so they can find enemies to fight on these big maps.

It's also hard to see the enemies on the mech map, they just blend in with the background.

BR recoil looks pretty frustrating too, the gun trembles just enough to look annoying.

BigShow36

Negative Nancy. At least it looks a lot better than Reach...lol.

Its not negative, its simply a statement of fact. Halo MP has meant many different things over the years.

If you grew up in the "teamshot or die, individual's are ineffective" Halo MP era, then yes, Halo MP appears to be "back' with a bunch of Reach MP stuff thrown in as well.

Korosenai

My initial reaction:

61782444.jpg

The game looks SO good. I will be using the Carbine over the BR day 1 (And it feels really weird saying that).

Seems like people are using Prothean vision a lot solely so they can find enemies to fight on these big maps.

It's also hard to see the enemies on the mech map, they just blend in with the background.

BR recoil looks pretty frustrating too, the gun trembles just enough to look annoying.

Did you see anything that you DO like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom